Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
mac
innerlight
skye
Violet
8 posters

Deja Vu?...

Deja Vu?... Empty Deja Vu?...

Post  Guest Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:17 am

I guess it's time to start unravelling things. So, with that in mind...

I've put this into the 'Unexplained' section though I'm not sure it's the right place for this topic - Mind you, to some degree that depends on how one views/explains the subject in question. And given that I'm at a loss, I guess it belongs here.

So; meandering around to the point... What is Deja Vu?

Deja Vu?... 63420
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Deja Vu?... Empty Re: Deja Vu?...

Post  Violet Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:25 am

Hi Dilettante,

Here's the web defination : http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&defl=en&q=define:deja+vu&sa=X&ei=uNIfTc3mMKGShAfkxOm2Dg&sqi=2&ved=0CBYQkAE

It's just as it says in the top line, to give a brief example it is like visiting a new town where you know for a fact you have never been before, but feeling like you have, I get this sometimes.

I think some put this down to past life experiences and that you could have visted the town (as in the example above) in that past life and deja vu is in fact a past life 'memory.' Personally I don't follow that belief but don't know why this happens.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:09 am

What is Deja Vu?

maybe it's simply just a knowing or an awareness of a place or an event without any explanation as to why we can acknowledge it. Can't you tell I don't know.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:32 am

I get deja vu all the time... but not in places i've been to. but conversations I am having. There is even times of me getting the deja vu and saying deja vu that in my deja vu i know that i am having deja vu.
    I've heard some one say before that there is a time difference between when things happen and when we actually experience them by about 7 seconds. Which they say attributes to the deja vu some feel they have.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:47 am

I have no expertise in this matter but I do read 'stuff' on how the brain operates. It's been suggested that the structure of the brain, and the manner in which memory is encoded, can sometimes lead to 'leakage' of information from one part of the system to another, inappropriate part.

The outcome of that is an apparent memory of situations which are actually novel - the feeling we have seen or done something or been somewhere before when we know we never have.

Humankind loving fantasy above reality interprets that as being a situation which relates to lives led previously. Of course they may have been and it may be genuine deja vu but there is no way to separate one from the other....

Just one more instance where we should be wary of trusting the physical senses through which we discern our world.

Post  Guest Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:13 pm

Thanks for the replies. I can go with with the explanations of 'unexplained awareness' or of a slight memory leak or mis-filing of information by the brain; I think there's an awful lot about the mind that we aren't aware of and even more that at the moment we cannot explain.

Anyway - in context, I've often had experiences of Deja Vu. What's unusual (and the bit that makes me wonder what's going on) is that they're very specific in detail and involve more than just sight (or being in a particular location); sometimes auditory and tactile 'memory' is involved.

I tend to regard them as Datum points - though what they indicate (if anything) I'm not sure. Deja Vu?... 588401
    Kaere

Female
    Number of posts : 2719
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

Post  Kaere Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:46 pm

I have deja vu quite often - usually triggered by a place and emotion. Not new places, but like in my kitchen doing something in particular. If I think about it while it's happening, the memory part looks kindof skewed, like the picture has been stretched. I do notice that they happen more frequently when I'm mentally very tired.
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Deja Vu?... Empty Deja vu

Post  Lynn Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:04 am

Déjà vu - That Feeling of Been Here Done That 

The meaning of Déjà vu is “ already seen” , that feeling of been here done that where one feels sure the event has already happened. Or being “seen” as in maybe a dream or vision to have the event come to actually pass.

It is often thought on as a strange feeling and at times viewed as creepy. The most common way that Déjà vu comes to us is in our dreams. At times we have the feeling of travel or of meeting someone and that comes to pass at some later date. One goes to a place one has never seen before yet seems to walk around it KNOWING its layout. Or one meets a person that you KNOW that one has never met yet ye share in the knowledge of common interests or even places.

Many times it can be linked to past life memories. Example being one travels to a foreign land and seemingly knows that land. Come to a landmark and before one has time to explore or learn about it, that knowledge is there with one. One too can see at times a picture and know where and what it is before one looks deeper into its meaning. If one can take the time and access further information one might well find that the information one has “seen” lines up exactly to was . \Why this information seems to almost leak in is not funny understood and it has been wildly studied in laboratory settings.

The way it is often researched is via hypnosis, but when one is put into this state it is hard to tell what is true experience and what might well be suggestive or even suggestions. What hypnosis is not is a form of being unconscious as one would be in a state of sleep. One is fully conscious in a full awake state, and is very much aware of what is going on, what one is lacking is the peripheral awareness. Peripheral being that state of awareness that is very near the surface, so the brain is in a full waking state.

Déjà vu is not “precognition” or “prophecy but an occurrence that is unique as it is a memory being recalled. Where prophecy is a process in which one gets messages and has maybe communicated with a being to obtain this information. Precondition is direct knowledge and the perception of future events to come. This is often called extra sensory in the means of which its obtained. Déjà vu is a sense of recollection of specific events or circumstances or even people. It is thought to be the over lapping of the neuro pathways that house short and long term memory. The information is put in like a holding pattern and
    stored til it is needed.

Lynn
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Sun May 01, 2011 10:54 pm

I think sights (often ones we can't quite put our finger on) and scents can trigger this

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    millergrls
    millergrls

Female
    Number of posts : 1385
    Job/hobbies : Dispatcher
    Registration date : 2012-11-02

Post  millergrls Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:53 pm

I get deja vu, all of the time. Sometimes it is remebering that i had a dream of doing what I am doing right now. Or the feeling like I have already has this conversation (which is probaly the case when I am asking my children for the twentieth time not to do something) or that I have been to a place. This is something that happens to me quite often.
    Assumpta
    Assumpta

Female
    Number of posts : 333
    Job/hobbies : Retired, love reading, writing, cross-stitch and all things spiritual
    Registration date : 2011-06-23

Post  Assumpta Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:59 pm

I think the majority of us get this, probably because we've lived before and it's been a place that we've either visited in that life or even lived there. My first encounter with this was when we went on a school outing to Coventry Cathedral. One of the boys in my form was convinced that there had been a door way in another building we were visiting. He actually got on our nerves because he kept on about it. Funnily enough some week later I was watching tv when this place was mentioned during a programme and lo and behold he was right. The man on the programme said that this particular doorway had been blocked up some 60 or so years earlier.

Deja Vu?... 1656269883

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:23 am