Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Lynn
Violet
6 posters

The seventh child of a seventh child

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

The seventh child of a seventh child Empty The seventh child of a seventh child

Post  Violet Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:43 am

When I was growing up it was a common belief that the seventh child of a seventh child would have psychic ability, the gift of second sight and such, but is there any truth in this? Is it an old wives tale, superstition?

Have you ever heard of this, are you the seventh child of a seventh child?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

The seventh child of a seventh child Empty Re: The seventh child of a seventh child

Post  Lynn Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:21 am

Hello Violet

Its Witchcraft.

SEVENTH CHILD
    "The seventh son of the seventh son or the seventh daughter of the seventh daughter is said to possess supernatural powers. In the Tamar only a male child born in this way may be a record carrier and only a female child born in this way may be high priestess.

There were seven planets in ancient astronomy, the world was created in seven days, each of the four phases of the moon lasts for seven days, seven notes on the musical scale, seven colours in the rainbow, seven is the number of wisdom, truth and harmony.

From around the sixteenth century onwards, children born into a seventh position in their family were thought to have the power to heal by touch. However, some people viewed the seventh child of the seventh child as being cursed."

QUOTE from the Witches Handbook.

Lynn
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

The seventh child of a seventh child Empty Re: The seventh child of a seventh child

Post  Violet Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:32 pm

OOh thanks Lynn I didn't know that!

Lynn
    Lynn

Female

Post  Lynn Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:33 pm

Violet wrote:OOh thanks Lynn I didn't know that!

Ye are welcome

Being a former Witch I know that book inside and out.

Lynn
    CW
    CW

Female
    Number of posts : 734
    Registration date : 2010-10-14

Post  CW Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:38 pm

Lynn may I ask how can you be a former Witch?

If you are a natural Witch how can you renounce being that?

I say that because when you share I sense the intelligence of ancient wisdom (spirit), I admire that within you. Being a Witch is not always a dark existence some people bring light and love to the craft.

Love to all
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female

Post  Lynn Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:03 pm

CW wrote:Lynn may I ask how can you be a former Witch?

If you are a natural Witch how can you renounce being that?

I say that because when you share I sense the intelligence of ancient wisdom (spirit), I admire that within you. Being a Witch is not always a dark existence some people bring light and love to the craft.

Love to all

Hello

Maybe the way I put it was not in the right contect. I guess I do not renouce being one so much as that is not now a path I follow in life. For tme the Craft was not in the possitive LIGHT side of it but in the other side of things.

NO it is not always the DARK and I was wrong in that part of me. Having been down that path though I will admit that PULL to that part of life is very strong even still. To this day even though I do not wonderi into the darker things I can NOT take a picture of the FULL MOON and get a "clear" image, I know well its telling ME be wary.

Like in alll things there is the Light and the Dark and its where one finds that balance in both on grows. For me its path even if used for possitves I know I best leave sleep.

Lynn
    CW
    CW

Female

Post  CW Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:09 pm

Maybe the way I put it was not in the right contect. I guess I do not
    renouce being one so much as that is not now a path I follow in life.
    For tme the Craft was not in the possitive LIGHT side of it but in the
    other side of things.

NO it is not always the DARK and I was
    wrong in that part of me. Having been down that path though I will admit
    that PULL to that part of life is very strong even still. To this day
    even though I do not wonderi into the darker things I can NOT take a
    picture of the FULL MOON and get a "clear" image, I know well its
    telling ME be wary.

Like in alll things there is the Light
    and the Dark and its where one finds that balance in both on grows. For
    me its path even if used for possitves I know I best leave sleep.

You did not use it in the wrong context, I was just curious if the craft was something that comes natural for you or did you acquirer it through practice. Lynn, I believe contrast is a very necessary part of life. For example; "we must experience darkness in order to appreciate the light." When the inner voice speak to me I listen. If it tells me not to do something, IMHO, "Obedience is far...... better than sacrifice." Having said that, obey your warnings, if you don't understand now why you received it, you will certainly understand later.

I feel you Lynn, when you say some dragons are best left alone and sleeping! Less time I have to spend trying to slay them.
    The seventh child of a seventh child 529620 The seventh child of a seventh child 529620 Especially the ones that are sleeping within me.

Love to all....
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female

Post  Lynn Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:40 pm

CW wrote:
    Maybe the way I put it was not in the right contect. I guess I do not
    renouce being one so much as that is not now a path I follow in life.
    For tme the Craft was not in the possitive LIGHT side of it but in the
    other side of things.

NO it is not always the DARK and I was
    wrong in that part of me. Having been down that path though I will admit
    that PULL to that part of life is very strong even still. To this day
    even though I do not wonderi into the darker things I can NOT take a
    picture of the FULL MOON and get a "clear" image, I know well its
    telling ME be wary.

Like in alll things there is the Light
    and the Dark and its where one finds that balance in both on grows. For
    me its path even if used for possitves I know I best leave sleep.

You did not use it in the wrong context, I was just curious if the craft was something that comes natural for you or did you acquirer it through practice. Lynn, I believe contrast is a very necessary part of life. For example; "we must experience darkness in order to appreciate the light." When the inner voice speak to me I listen. If it tells me not to do something, IMHO, "Obedience is far...... better than sacrifice." Having said that, obey your warnings, if you don't understand now why you received it, you will certainly understand later.

I feel you Lynn, when you say some dragons are best left alone and sleeping! Less time I have to spend trying to slay them.
    The seventh child of a seventh child 529620 The seventh child of a seventh child 529620 Especially the ones that are sleeping within me.

Love to all....

Hello

All that I be seems to have come in with me. I have early childhood memories of being able to do things that other's could not. Seveve ME well I feel to be shy and inwards as I know that path while for a child is lonely it was better than doing things that might well have got me in hot water.

I simply seem to KNOW how to do things or how things work. The best expample is seeing Spirits I many times can see them as clearly as I see the living before me. I can have a full on two way conversation. As a child this was NOT to be discussed in the family ( I know well for GOOD reason) as one might well have been locked away in a mental institution for such talk 40 odd year's ago. It never left me. Without though the "understandings" of it all as one got older then it became play. OH I can do this and that, and being a loner and left to be alone in what was thought to be being SHY I played.

I would read anything and everything as a young teen I could find. MANY were in the "Reference Only" section of the Library so I was not allowed to take them out as a child BUT I could read and make notes. I did. Even when the library called home and said that some of the "books" I was in were not age appropriate me parents never batted an eye.

I know well that "Dark" path I went on was there for a reason to make me whom I am today and so that I can do some of the work I now do. Too that balance in me Guides was there in the contrast on WHOM they be. One being a Buddist Master the other being a Black Witch they serve me well in the keeping me from going to far on way or the other. While it was not til I was 16 and almost took me life that I knew fully of them. Even then I was not one to listen and got a lesson that did make me listen. A NDE is a GOOD wake up call.

I now listen to that inner voice but not having an understanding of it earlier on and being able to do so very many things one does have in them that URGE to play and experiment. Its a balance that one seeks. Expample is if one says something harsh to me I could well sent that back at them in energy BUT I know that I would not want that on me so balance and understanding stops me in that. I can read most anyone BUT as I do not like it done to me I will not go there openly to other's.

Life has come with many lessons. I have slayed many a "demon" for lack of a better word in me. Too I know that those paths served me well and that the good always prevailed over the bad I might well had done. Come from the "why me" to "embracing me" for being whom I am. Lost for a great many year's but too that was all a part of one's path.

I do leave somethings around me SLEEP. Knowing well if NEED be its there to open, one can never clear a deed done but on can make possitive ammends.

Lynn

LOOKING back I was a "naugty child" that never got one's hand slapped.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:09 pm

Lynn you'ver led a fascinating life, it's intriguing reading of it.

Lynn
    Lynn

Female

Post  Lynn Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:27 pm

Violet wrote:Lynn you'ver led a fascinating life, it's intriguing reading of it.

Hello

MORe I be willing to openly "talk" on mine. I have chatted to many that have had trials in life but fear of being judged keeps them from sharing much of thier treasures.

Lynn
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:33 pm

Yes I think that is true, I know I hold back a lot The seventh child of a seventh child 21581

CW
    CW

Female

Post  CW Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:29 pm

Quote Lynn
    Hello

All that I be seems to have come in with me. I have early childhood memories of being able to do things that other's could
    not. Seveve ME well I feel to be shy and inwards as I know that path while for a child is lonely it was better than doing things that might
    well have got me in hot water. I simply seem to KNOW how to do things or how things work. The best expample is seeing Spirits I many
    times can see them as clearly as I see the living before me. I can have a full on two way conversation. As a child this was NOT to be discussed
    in the family ( I know well for GOOD reason) as one might well have been locked away in a mental institution for such talk 40 odd year's ago.
    It never left me. Without though the "understandings" of it all as one got older then it became play. OH I can do this and that, and being a
    loner and left to be alone in what was thought to be being SHY I played. I would read anything and everything as a young teen I could
    find. MANY were in the "Reference Only" section of the Library so I was not allowed to take them out as a child BUT I could read and make
    notes. I did. Even when the library called home and said that some of the "books" I was in were not age appropriate me parents never batted an
    eye.

I know well that "Dark" path I went on was there for a reason to make me whom I am today and so that I can do some of the work I
    now do. Too that balance in me Guides was there in the contrast on WHOM they be. One being a Buddist Master the other being a Black Witch they
    serve me well in the keeping me from going to far on way or the other. While it was not til I was 16 and almost took me life that I knew fully
    of them. Even then I was not one to listen and got a lesson that did make me listen. A NDE is a GOOD wake up call. I now listen to
    that inner voice but not having an understanding of it earlier on and being able to do so very many things one does have in them that URGE to
    play and experiment. Its a balance that one seeks. Expample is if one says something harsh to me I could well sent that back at them in energy
    BUT I know that I would not want that on me so balance and understanding stops me in that. I can read most anyone BUT as I do not
    like it done to me I will not go there openly to other's. Life has come with many lessons. I have slayed many a "demon" for lack of a
    better word in me. Too I know that those paths served me well and that the good always prevailed over the bad I might well had done. Come from
    the "why me" to "embracing me" for being whom I am. Lost for a great many year's but too that was all a part of one's path. I do
    leave somethings around me SLEEP. Knowing well if NEED be its there to open, one can never clear a deed done but on can make possitive ammends.

I knew it, I could feel the familiarity. As a child I was not allowed to
    speak of the things I experienced either. As a result the experiences
    increased and so did the fear of sharing them. Eventually, being touched
    by spirits could no longer be denied, justified or rationalized.
    Regardless of what others thought of me I had to come to realize, I could
    see both dark and light spirits and have experienced both angels and
    demons in my life time. At this point in me life it doesn't matter if others believe just
    as long as I no longer doubt myself. Thank you Lynn for sharing
    this part of yourself with us. I often share how my family is full of
    variety especially where religion is concerned. For this reason I follow
    no religion I enjoy the freedom of learning and admiring them all.

Some superstitions have deep truth while others are very superficial. I've come to know that spirits on the outside do speak to the spirit within a person. This ability has nothing to do with my day to day activity. This is why I feel you sound like ancient spirit to me; because you have been in conscious communication with spirits since your childhood and so have I. My daughter is the second daughter born of me, who is also the second daughter, and I can see she is far more clairvoyant than I.

Potions and magic has always intrigued me and still does. Having discovered the meaning of "Karma" at an early I dare not attempt to alter life situations with spells and potions. Not to say I have fooled around with it. Having said all that one of the most important lessons I've learned in life is; "The power within me is far............ grater than any thing out side of me!"

I am so happy you shared this part of yourself Lynn, thank you!

Love to all...
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female

Post  Lynn Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:46 pm

Hello

I know that I was told not to talk on things for good reason. One could well have landed in a mental instition. I know a woman that did. She went in at the age of 6 and got out at the age of 19 when a Dr. met her and they started a relationship from there. Met when she was 16 and at 19 he got her out. She was not mental she could communicate with Spirit.

It took many year's to understand whom I am. I finally accepted at 47 that the life path and family I had was correct for me. Long time to question so many things. NOW is the time to pass along and share in some of life's struggles. To show other's they are not alone and while there are days when one feels out there one can handle it all. While many are not open to talk about things in an open fourm, many do off site. At times it has given one's a place to start talking about things.

I have done a few public speaking dates now where I take some of the mystery out of it all. Try to answer questions one's have, and what is noted by the audiance is that I am OPEN to talk about me. It really makes a difference. While I embrace that at times one's have taken a good run at me saying I am "nuts" I have a touch old hide to take that on. I have had some of those even become good friends. While I embrace that many are too sensitive to take on much, its best for them the path to communications comes in the back door.

I am blessed with the TIME to listen to other's and the support of a mate and kids that understand what I do and why. NOT all have that around them. Me fingers have me wonder many a place in a day. Chatting with some and e mail with other's. Its a wonder how fast the year's pass. One said to me the other night we are on year 4 yet have never met in person or even shared personal images.

We all have a role in this life we live, I think that mine was to "communicate" . In Tarot Readings it often comes up that I am that, and in a Native Naming I was given the name " Spirit Whisperer". With the one knowing NOTHING about me. I too know that he knew well more about me than I will ever know.

I am of the old ways yes. I have met one that too is from that time with me. He talks as I do and writes in the older ways as I do. That part of me came into being in first year high school, where I was allowed to freely let it flow in writtings in Literature Class. I have to really STOP and think when I be doing up work for things that are not for personal use. I am told I take the really complex and make it so all understand it, in that old way of writting it, it flows. While some say OMG its to hard to take the time to read, I embrace that its not for them to read maybe. While other's say I had to read it a few times but OMG I so get it.

I could have made a living off of being ME I was given that path choice. Its way more rewarding the path I be on. I am free to have the TIME I want.

Lynn
    Hopelle
    Hopelle
    Just joined

Female
    Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2015-01-22

Post  Hopelle Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:11 am

Excuse me, but I was wondering about the first seventh child of the family. Obviously, to be the seventh child of a seventh child, one of the parents actually has to have six siblings and I was simply curious about what that indicates. Beyond the novelty of having a ton of siblings, is there any spiritual significance in being the first seventh child of your family? Thanks in advance for any information you could provide!
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:57 am

Hopelle wrote:Excuse me, but I was wondering about the first seventh child of the family. Obviously, to be the seventh child of a seventh child, one of the parents actually has to have six siblings and I was simply curious about what that indicates. Beyond the novelty of having a ton of siblings, is there any spiritual significance in being the first seventh child of your family? Thanks in advance for any information you could provide!
    I have doubt there's any significance other than for the child itself and I have even more doubt there's any spiritual significance.  The human race loves mystery and romance and the seventh child story fits the bill.  They're only my views and I've not seen any data on the subject.
    Aqua
    Aqua

Female
    Number of posts : 314
    Registration date : 2014-12-11

Post  Aqua Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:08 am

Welcome, Hopelle, I agree with what mac said.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:29 am