Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
SpiritVoices
DreamWarrior
6 posters

...Opals... Your experience and knowledge?

DreamWarrior
    Just joined

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2012-08-02

...Opals... Your experience and knowledge? Empty ...Opals... Your experience and knowledge?

Post  DreamWarrior Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:51 pm

I just received some opals in the mail yesterday. Blue Australian boulder opal, Lightening Ridge.
    I've read some of what I found online about Opals, some being good luck, Others Being Bad Luck.
    "...The ancient Australian aborigines, however, envisaged a more sinister
    origin. They thought opal to be half serpent and half devil, and that
    the brightly coloured fire within was an attempt to lure them into the
    devil's lair."
    This Makes me a little afraid to use it. I have a niec collection of different stones and crystals and have been learning about them myself for a few years now.
    But I am looking to see if anyone here has any experience with Opals. Especially Lightening ridge opals.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

...Opals... Your experience and knowledge? Empty Re: ...Opals... Your experience and knowledge?

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:15 pm

The best member on here to tell you about Opals, is Feather.

She is an Australian.

I know a certain amount about them but not that much, even after spending time in Oz.

I know the same as you,Opals are supposed to be lucky for those born in October but not other months.

Beautiful stones though. Mined in North Queensland.

Joanie
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

...Opals... Your experience and knowledge? Empty Re: ...Opals... Your experience and knowledge?

Post  shayn Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:42 pm

DreamWarrior wrote:I just received some opals in the mail yesterday. Blue Australian boulder opal, Lightening Ridge.
    I've read some of what I found online about Opals, some being good luck, Others Being Bad Luck.
    "...The ancient Australian aborigines, however, envisaged a more sinister
    origin. They thought opal to be half serpent and half devil, and that
    the brightly coloured fire within was an attempt to lure them into the
    devil's lair."
    This Makes me a little afraid to use it. I have a niec collection of different stones and crystals and have been learning about them myself for a few years now.
    But I am looking to see if anyone here has any experience with Opals. Especially Lightening ridge opals.

HEllo DreamW

you right, there is something of maybe negative in the opal, i wouldn't go as far as a devil-evil thing.
    but i love opal very much, i find it to be a very powerful stone. i do keep cleansing it often, but i love the feeling it is giving me.
    but as with everything, when you have fear, it calls to your fears to come real - do you understand me? if you choose to work with the opal, and you do it with love and light, and keep no open door for evil in your heart - then no evil will come your way.

hope this helps, but as with everything, just follow your heart and instincts and do whatever is best for you.

it might be that you are just not ready yet to work with opal, then keep it in a safe place.

s
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:46 pm

I heard opals were unlucky but perhaps if you believe it to be so it will be, I also heard tarot cards were unlucky but I chose not to believe it, fortunately for me it doesn't appear to be true as I have a large collection.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    DreamWarrior
    Just joined

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2012-08-02

Post  DreamWarrior Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:12 pm

Thanks folks. I do remember reading that it does amplify energies negative and positive. I have been doing a lot of heavy work within. Feeling lighter so maybe When I am a bit more refined so to say? I will wear it.

Just like Moldavite, What I have read about it, some believe it like the Holy Grail. Its a really powerful thing. I was Given a nice chunk as a pendant. But I've also read some lore that says it is a stone that came off of Satans Crown when he was cast to Earth. Interesting that some would say that. I've had much strangeness and things happen Since Its been in my life.
    So I do wonder what I have been opening up to.
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:42 am

DreamW

there is good and evil in this world, there is light and darkness. but it is up to YOU!!! to choose to what you connect. what you allow to enter your life and what you keep out. you can't have evil in your life if you haven't asked for it in some way - maybe unknowingly, maybe out of fear, but it is somewhere there. this is why we are suppose to make protections, this is why we are advised to work with love and light. most things even energies are just that, things and energies, what we turn them into is what they are. in itself it is neutral.

but you are right, when you have some fear, or not ready, or not comfortable with something, better leave it a side till you be ready.

s
    TheLightB4U
    TheLightB4U

Number of posts : 29
    Job/hobbies : I have no current job, hobbies are video games and collecting crystals
    Registration date : 2012-12-31

Post  TheLightB4U Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:55 am

I own a opal myself, its a White Opal, I just the stone because its my birth stone 'Libra'
    shortangel

Female
    Number of posts : 97
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2012-11-14

Post  shortangel Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:29 pm

I have an Opal that a friend gave me a few months before she passed. it belonged to here, I wear it a lot especially when I feel a bit down, it always seems to make things better. Wne I wear it to go out someplace, I always say "I'm taking Nina with me."

I too have heard they can be negative, but personallly don't believe it.

June

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:33 pm