Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

The lovers and The hermit & other "opposing" forces of the tarot.

pageofwands
    pageofwands

Female
    Number of posts : 64
    Job/hobbies : horse lover, philosopher and starving student.
    Registration date : 2013-05-26

The lovers and The hermit & other "opposing" forces of the tarot.  Empty The lovers and The hermit & other "opposing" forces of the tarot.

Post  pageofwands Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:01 am

I pulled this combination in a reading a few days ago and I thought it was really interesting. I love that they seem so different yet really compliment each other. In the reading it looked as though the quarrent was about to meet someone very special, but it required a time of solitude in order to prepare for meeting this person, so as not to "get lost" in them, or possibly send them running out of overbearingness. 

There are other combinations like this, that seem to make no sense at first glace but really compliment each other... i can think of the magician and a very extroverted court card? Queen of Cups maybe? 

For myself I often read the empress and the emperor together and this can be confusing, although it made sense quick because my star sign card is temperance, and I struggle to balance my masculine and feminine qualities at times.  

The fool and the hierophant, opposites indeed, maybe the quarrent is about to receive/ has received a mentor? About to begin a new educational pursuit? if reversed just simply a lack of knowledge at this point, information is yet to be received...

These riddles are my favourite part of reading the Tarot!
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

The lovers and The hermit & other "opposing" forces of the tarot.  Empty Re: The lovers and The hermit & other "opposing" forces of the tarot.

Post  shayn Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:05 pm

know what you mean :)
    here is one for you:

the high priestess and the devil ???

s
    pageofwands
    pageofwands

Female

The lovers and The hermit & other "opposing" forces of the tarot.  Empty Re: The lovers and The hermit & other "opposing" forces of the tarot.

Post  pageofwands Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:01 am

Thats a good one shayn. 

Hmm, I would probably jump on this if it was a reading for a male. The high priestess is so sexual and the devil - being tied to carnal desires. Of course this could be true for a female too, but the high priestess just screams dream woman or a stunning "object" of sexual desire. 

For a women, I would ask if they are possibly trapped in a relationship which is based solely on sex. Or I may ask if they are feeling like they are spiritually "missing something" because they are tied to input-output daily tasks - maybe a child? maybe feeling womanly? 

what are your thoughts?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:16 pm

Funny how we all see such different things in the cards I rarely if ever see lovers as anything to do with relationships I see it as choice a decision, the hermit to me represents so many things, too numerous to list and it also depends on what other cards are around if I saw the two above together I would think about a choice which is for my sitter only and that they should not be swayed by other's opinions and to keep themselves to themselves for a while, become a hermit while making the choice

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:45 pm

not funny Violet,  but like you i also don't take the lovers for love but more as a card that deals with choices and decisions and consequences.

about the high priestess - i never seen her as sexy  this is new to me.. 
    priestess and devil, first thing that comes to mind it  secrets and being tied by them. 
    but it will change according to the question and the other cards around.

s
    pageofwands
    pageofwands

Female

Post  pageofwands Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:11 pm

My choice card is always the ace of swords, sometimes I read the lovers as a business partnership as well.
    pageofwands
    pageofwands

Female

Post  pageofwands Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:16 am

Also let me expound a bit on the high priestess interpretation I have... 

the high priestess and the empress strike me as "sisters" or even part of the triple goddess theory, the high priestess taking on the maiden role with the empress taking on the motherly role. 

A pomegranate is pictured in most representations of the high priestess. This is what my eye is drawn to every time I see the card. The pomegranate is found in the story of aphrodite and I feel this connection echoed in the tarot card. To me she represents the independent, fiery, spiritual side of a woman. She represents feminine health and development and being in tune with your body as a woman. This is why in a reading for a male I suggest the high priestess represents their dream woman.
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:35 am

pomegranate also stand for death, and secrets of old times. :)

but yes, there is something in what you say about the triple Goddess, but in this case she is not in her sexy loving form.
    if there is some sort of temptations in this card it wouldn't be of an earthly form. but this is all Generally speaking, each reader, develop his or her own privet language and symbols with the cards, and the important thing is if such way of understanding this card works for you and give you the "correct" answer - this is all that is matter. 

s
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:30 pm

I think it all depends on the deck, for instance The Lovers Tarot, well that's a big clue to the meanings portrayed by the cards.

Which decks do you all use then?
    pageofwands
    pageofwands

Female

Post  pageofwands Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:21 pm

I use "Shadowscapes"  :D
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:01 pm

pageofwands wrote:I use "Shadowscapes"  :D

really, and do you enjoy working with them?  i found them to be very beautiful, i really love the art work but i couldn't use them for reading, just didn't connect. 

s
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female

Post  Crystal Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:26 pm

Shadowscapes is a beautiful deck, I just wish the cards were bigger lol. I used to run a class teaching the deck and we would work from the artist, Stephanie's, large pictures so that all the detail could be seen, but it was like learning a completely new Tarot, nothing like the original Rider Waites.
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:17 pm

i agree with you on both, the cards are too small really and are missing a lot of the details.  and yes i agree it is like learning a new deck of cards, nothing to do with the rider waite deck. if at any time you wish like sharing some of your insights about this deck, it would be lovely. 

thanks

s
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female

Post  Crystal Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:03 pm

Which one, Shadowscapes or Rider Waite lol?

The detail is there in the Shadowscapes it is just so darn small hence using the bigger prints for learning :)
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:40 pm

shadowscape :)

yes the details are very small, and she also changed the colours and trier meanings i suspect...

s
    pageofwands
    pageofwands

Female

Post  pageofwands Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:53 pm

Shadowscapes was my first deck. I pulled it off the shelf at a book store and knew they were mine. I find they give you very specific "feelings" about certain cards, yet don't have the obvious symbolism of others. As well I very much agree that the details can be found, but they are very small. I love the court cards, they are so packed with energy, whereas the rider waites are read more like a chart. The King of Wands stops you dead in your tracks in a reading. So powerful. The only thing I wish this deck included was more masonic imagery, as I really love masonic symbolism, however, as I said, I really love the energy the deck provides. Really promotes using intuition in a reading.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 pm