Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Crystal
Earthealer
Assumpta
RavenMoon
partofme
norseman
ameliorate
innerlight
mayflow
chi chi
eyeopen
Violet
mac
1antique
shayn
Kaere
SpiritVoices
21 posters

Old Time Members?

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Old Time Members? Empty Old Time Members?

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:32 am

No,I don't mean age related..... :blush: 

I mean all of those members who used to frequent this site.   Where have they gone?   Such as Gilly and 1antique?    Many more as well,seem to have disappeared.

Mostly over the years but our membership list seems to have diminished.
     Please come back to Violet's site and POST......
    We miss you..... :sob: 

Joan xx
    Kaere

Female
    Number of posts : 2719
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

Old Time Members? Empty Re: Old Time Members?

Post  Kaere Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:41 am

Aww, how nice Joan :astar: 1antique posted just the other day  :bfs:

I suppose with it being Christmas people are still out and about and visiting? 

Post  Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:02 am

50% are probably busy.....50% are probably sick of something on the forum

thats usually the trend
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:54 pm

No problem with the members here now.....
    Members do come and go but was looking back on some of the old topics from way back and missing the good discussions we used to have....

Some hilarious and some serious.....lots of good variety...... :asmile:
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:01 pm

and sometimes it is life taking over..no time left, other things that must be taken care of first, and at the end of a day one can be just too tried.
    people come and go Joanie, this is part of life, people come and go on forums and in personal life as well, the visit for a while and move on...
    sometimes the "lesson" is to miss, and on the other hand, just to enjoy what we have while we have it, be it with things or people.

s

Post  Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:41 pm

January is coming............that is the dark ages............
    Kaere

Female

Post  Kaere Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:43 pm

Mr.Whitmore wrote:January is coming............that is the dark ages............

That's cause everyone's at the gym  :astar: 

Post  Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:43 pm

Its a vicious cycle.............
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  1antique Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:27 pm

I have still been around....mostly trying to interpret some of the posts that have been made and attempting to figure out what they have to do with a spiritual site. It seems as if many (if not most) of the posts made these days relate to.....nothing.

I came here to learn about different aspects of spirituality and to continue to grow. For the most part, this site has quit being a place that provides this.  Personally, I feel that this is one of the major reasons why many of the 'old-timers' have left.

This site is not Facebook, nor is it twitter. Why don't we try to turn this place back into a spiritual site once more?
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:30 pm

Well,if that is the reason,fair enough.....
    but this is a time when folks gets bored and think    'I'll just go and pop a few posts on the site'..... :giggles:     carry on,folks.....but there is lot of old time members who have disappeared.... :sob:
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:31 pm

1antique wrote:I have still been around....mostly trying to interpret some of the posts that have been made and attempting to figure out what they have to do with a spiritual site. It seems as if many (if not most) of the posts made these days relate to.....nothing.

I came here to learn about different aspects of spirituality and to continue to grow. For the most part, this site has quit being a place that provides this.  Personally, I feel that this is one of the major reasons why many of the 'old-timers' have left.

This site is not Facebook, nor is it twitter. Why don't we try to turn this place back into a spiritual site once more?
    I'm all for that,1antigue....
    Kaere

Female

Post  Kaere Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:22 pm

If you don't like the posts being made, create the ones you do like.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:01 pm

Members come, members go, members get disillusioned about what they hear and read.  Some have personal and/or emotional issues whose influence may be observed and felt in what they write.  Some grow bored or find they no longer have a reason to keep visiting. I've heard many and various reasons why members stop posting on this and other websites.

Realistically there's only so much that can be written and discussed without it becoming stale and repetitious.  Ideally there needs to be a steady influx of new, contributing members to prevent parochial interests and trivia from swamping the threads.  

Some have nothing to say, some come just to check things out or to learn for a time, some are diffident and others want from a website something they find they can't demand from other members.  They may eventually drift away, perhaps seeking pastures new.

Those who desire change, something different, have the answer in their own hands.  Start a new thread, make it lively, interesting or even controversial.  Don't just sit back and expect others to keep doing it for you and don't get uppety when you can't force people to do what you think they should or say what you think they should, or should not, say.

We're all individuals, mostly adults, and have our own interests and views.  That's how things should be.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:19 pm

1antique wrote:I have still been around....mostly trying to interpret some of the posts that have been made and attempting to figure out what they have to do with a spiritual site. It seems as if many (if not most) of the posts made these days relate to.....nothing.

The trick is to find a website that provides what you're looking for.  Presumably you've 'done' the regular ones and maybe found them as wanting as this one appears to be?  

How ya gonna learn about spirituality anyway and who's gonna teach you or be your role model?  And what are you going to offer in exchange?  If you want postings to be relevant to a 'spiritual website' (whatever that might mean) then what's stopping you from making yours relevant to that?

I agree that this - and the remainder - of websites are not Twitter or Facebook.  Jesus if they were I'd be outta here double quick as mostly what I've seen there is trash!  

But you'll never hear me grumbling about the perceived shortcomings of this website.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:24 pm

I did not intend for this topic to turn into a full blaze argument.
    All I asked was where some of the members are,who used to visit this site regularly?
    I appreciate that they may have left this site,we all pay service to other sites.

I have posted many topics,Kaere on spiritualism etc,or subjects in the same vein,received a few answers.....but that was all.    No one seemed to take them seriously....I am not an expert on these kind of subjects so do ask for information regarding the subject.   But very little is given....

I apologise if this topic has upset any other members,it was not meant to do that.... :blush:
    Kaere

Female

Post  Kaere Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:39 pm

I don't see an argument. People can disagree, it's not an argument.

My comment was not directed at you specifically SpiritVoices, it was a general comment.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:14 pm

I'm not in any way upset by anything that's been written and I've responded only to what's been written, surely the proper way?

We shouldn't feel like we're walking on egg-shells all the time, always afraid in case someone may take umbrage over what someone else has said if it doesn't exactly agree and support their posting.  

I've seen too much of claims that someone's not respecting others or not being respectful of their views.  One of the problems in my experience is that postings are sometimes to personalities and not to the points being made.  

And as Kaere says, we can disagree with one another's points without that constituting an argument.  We are adults and we are likely to hold firm views after many decades in this world.  We have the right to express those views and others have the right to challenge them provided it's done without nastiness.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:24 pm

Kaere wrote:I don't see an argument. People can disagree, it's not an argument.

My comment was not directed at you specifically SpiritVoices, it was a general comment.
    Thank you,Kaere.....
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:55 pm

I dont see a row either just a series of opinions, and i'll be taking them all on board

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

Post  Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:40 pm

this always happens

the only cure is to have a private section where you ask to see/join it

problem solved
    eyeopen
    eyeopen

Number of posts : 1380
    Registration date : 2012-04-03

Post  eyeopen Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:29 pm

Same as, lol, be honest I kinda saw it coming. Hense why i thought time to move on, that said I will be around.........

Havnt actually been on the net much now. But I guess like others have a peak dont see none much interesting and just say hello, etc

Post  Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:32 pm

Then its done.............we go back in time............8 months or more..

Now when we do this certain things will happen....ok?
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:43 pm

eyeopen wrote:

Same as, lol, be honest I kinda saw it coming. Hense why i thought time to move on, that said I will be around.........

Havnt actually been on the net much now. But I guess like others have a peak dont see none much interesting and just say hello, etc
    I feel the same way.   I took this site to be mostly varied which does suit me.
    But my main interest is mediumship and spiritualism.
    ....and I am not seeing much of that......
    mac

Male

Post  mac Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:44 pm

Mr.Whitmore wrote:this always happens

problem solved

It's not the only cure....

Post  Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:48 pm

mac wrote:
    Mr.Whitmore wrote:this always happens

problem solved

It's not the only cure....

true.............im going with the time travel theory..........8months

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:23 pm