Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
skye
Detlef
SpiritVoices
Auras
8 posters

Ghost hunters

Auras

Male
    Number of posts : 2027
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Ghost hunters Empty Ghost hunters

Post  Auras Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:33 pm

I want to become a Ghost hunter, when I get enough money, I will start buying some equipment, My favourite one I've seen that's caught my attention is called "The Thermal sweep" It detects  any electro magnetic energies. It is actually 2 years until I am legally allowed to ghost hunt, so not that long.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Ghost hunters Empty Re: Ghost hunters

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:43 pm

Let's know how you go,Auras when the time comes....haven't heard any ghostie tales for ages....
    Detlef
    Detlef

Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

Post  Detlef Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:02 am

Not sure what the purpose of this is at all, but you might be able to explain it.
    When you walk into a place you should be able to sens whats in there.
    Entities and or energies.
    Then it just depends what your intentions are. Are you there to help or just for sensational purposes.
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:39 pm

Detlef wrote:Not sure what the purpose of this is at all, but you might be able to explain it.
    Then  it just depends what your intentions are. Are you there to help or just for sensational purposes.
    I would be able to sense them. But helping them Im not sure as Ive heard other get very emotion while doing do. Although to some degree, I maybe help
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:41 pm

Auras wrote:
    Detlef wrote:Not sure what the purpose of this is at all, but you might be able to explain it.
    Then  it just depends what your intentions are. Are you there to help or just for sensational purposes.
    I would be able to sense them. But helping them Im not sure as Ive heard other get very emotion while doing do. Although to some degree, I maybe help
    I take it from your statement Auras that you believe a ghost to be the same as a spirit, am I right?
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:30 pm

I'm very disappointed about your intent, Josh, to get involved in anything so trivial.  You say, or have suggested, that you're a medium yet you appear attracted by the nonsense of this so-called ghost hunting.

Though you're still new to the subject of communication with, or just awareness of, our unseen friends in the spirit dimension I did expect you'd know the differences between them and ghosts.  I hope that you won't get sidetracked away from the potential I think, and hope, you have.
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:27 pm

skye wrote:
    Auras wrote:
    I take it from your statement Auras that you believe a ghost to be the same as a spirit, am I right?
    Of course not. There is nothing wrong with helping ghost's. Correct word. Earthbound spirit
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:28 pm

mac wrote:I'm very disappointed about your intent, Josh, to get involved in anything so trivial.  You say, or have suggested, that you're a medium yet you appear attracted by the nonsense of this so-called ghost hunting.

Though you're still new to the subject of communication with, or just awareness of, our unseen friends in the spirit dimension I did expect you'd know the differences between them and ghosts.  I hope that you won't get sidetracked away from the potential I think, and hope, you have.
    What have I said which assumes that I don't know the difference?
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:40 pm

Auras wrote:
    mac wrote:I'm very disappointed about your intent, Josh, to get involved in anything so trivial.  You say, or have suggested, that you're a medium yet you appear attracted by the nonsense of this so-called ghost hunting.

Perhaps I'm wrong; perhaps you do understand the differences but let's forget that for now.  I was confused because a short while back you were telling us you wanted to be a medium - unless I have that wrong? 

Do you feel that ghost-hunting and being a medium are compatible with one another?  Or is becoming a ghost-hunter your new calling? 
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:34 pm

mac wrote:
    Auras wrote:

Perhaps I'm wrong; perhaps you do understand the differences but let's forget that for now.  I was confused because a short while back you were telling us you wanted to be a medium - unless I have that wrong? 

Do you feel that ghost-hunting and being a medium are compatible with one another?  Or is becoming a ghost-hunter your new calling? 
    Well, I was watching Most haunted the other day and Derek Ocorah is a medium on there that helps the ghost hunters.... thats where I got the idea from
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:40 pm

Auras wrote:
    mac wrote:
    Auras wrote:

Well, I was watching Most haunted the other day and Derek Ocorah is a medium on there that helps the ghost hunters.... thats where I got the idea from
    And this is a TV programme  - like as for entertainment?
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:44 pm

Auras wrote:
    skye wrote:
    Auras wrote:
    Of course not. There is nothing wrong with helping ghost's. Correct word. Earthbound spirit
    Really. Okay, so it's your definition of a what you perceive to be a ghost is an earthbound spirit. Although earthbound spirits - if indeed they are earthbound - can receive all the help they need from those spirits on their side of life. Would you not agree, they could be more able to be of assistance rather than a human being?

I understand some spirits may have a strong need in their minds, to visit the physical world, and they may often do so. Though I am not convinced they are 'earthbound' in the way some people assume them to be. From what I have understood from spiritual communicators, and possibly the Universal Laws, this notion appears to make no rational sense whatsoever.
    Spirit of Light
    Spirit of Light

Number of posts : 82
    Registration date : 2014-05-31

Post  Spirit of Light Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:28 pm

Auras wrote:I want to become a Ghost hunter, when I get enough money, I will start buying some equipment, My favourite one I've seen that's caught my attention is called "The Thermal sweep" It detects  any electro magnetic energies. It is actually 2 years until I am legally allowed to ghost hunt, so not that long.

How old are you then? I didnt realise there was any age limit  but being out after dark in eery places is not really for children, especially as the sensationalism and hysteria that an investigation can cause might be too much for a sensitive young person. That said some of the investigators do bring along their teens especially at Halloween lol.

I still don't like the term ghost hunting, it is all wrong and shows disrespect. But it really depends on the interpretation of ghost. It's not spirit as such, it's an energy left behind, a ghost of the former physical, a memory. But investigating energy fields and echoes of the living can be interesting and fun.
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:35 pm

Spirit of Light wrote:
    Auras wrote:I want to become a Ghost hunter, when I get enough money, I will start buying some equipment, My favourite one I've seen that's caught my attention is called "The Thermal sweep" It detects  any electro magnetic energies. It is actually 2 years until I am legally allowed to ghost hunt, so not that long.

How old are you then? I didnt realise there was any age limit  but being out after dark in eery places is not really for children, especially as the sensationalism and hysteria that an investigation can cause might be too much for a sensitive young person. That said some of the investigators do bring along their teens especially at Halloween lol.

I still don't like the term ghost hunting, it is all wrong and shows disrespect. But it really depends on the interpretation of ghost. It's not spirit as such, it's an energy left behind, a ghost of the former physical, a memory. But investigating energy fields and echoes of the living can be interesting and fun.
    I'm only 15, 16 next week. I know how to deal with Spiritual energies.
    Spirit of Light
    Spirit of Light

Post  Spirit of Light Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:52 pm

Well then a very Happy Birthday for next week, :)
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:47 pm

Spirit of Light wrote:

I see what you mean by 'ghost hunting',never thought of this terminology before.
    How about 'ghost searching?'
    mac

Male

Ghost hunters Empty exactly what are they?

Post  mac Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:46 pm

I know I'm dismissive about ghost-hunters.  Perhaps it's my age but it's probably also 30 years in 'the spooks' that leaves me thinking it's a trite pastime that leads nowhere -  I expect I'll get my wrists slapped for saying that!  But I do realise that ghosts have a fascination for some folk in much the same way, perhaps, as phenomena produced by physical phenomena have for others, each having similarly little spiritual significance.

Thinking about the subject of ghosts, however, made me realise that I don't have any deep understanding about what they are.  Don't get me wrong - I've heard the conventional explanations but they tell us little.  I also realised that I can't put into words what a ghost is, or what a ghost does but I can put into words what a ghost isn't and what it doesn't do....

I'm saying....
    Cassy7
    Cassy7

Female
    Number of posts : 369
    Job/hobbies : Retired. I love walking my dogs by the sea, gardening and researching my family tree.
    Registration date : 2013-07-12

Post  Cassy7 Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:30 pm

Don't know if this helps - but when I was a young teenager I was making lunch in the kitchen which was in the midst of having structural alterations.  I looked up and saw a lady walking towards me. I still remember her to this day, she was tall and slim with grey hair in a bun and she wore a long blue dress.  She faded away within a few seconds of me seeing her.  I immediately told me Dad about it, and he recognised her as being the lady who lived in our old cottage before us.  He used to do odd jobs for her when he was young in the 1930's.  These are just my thoughts on what happened - I think it could have been something to do with the alterations to the kitchen,  knocking down walls etc, that triggered this to happen.  It seemed to me to be like a recording of the lady that was being played.  At the time I remember I felt she wasn't "real" but it was like watching a film of someone.  Hope this makes a bit of sense!

Cassy
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:02 pm

mac wrote:I know I'm dismissive about ghost-hunters.  Perhaps it's my age but it's probably also 30 years in 'the spooks' that leaves me thinking it's a trite pastime that leads nowhere -  I expect I'll get my wrists slapped for saying that!  But I do realise that ghosts have a fascination for some folk in much the same way, perhaps, as phenomena produced by physical phenomena have for others, each having similarly little spiritual significance.

Thinking about the subject of ghosts, however, made me realise that I don't have any deep understanding about what they are.  Don't get me wrong - I've heard the conventional explanations but they tell us little.  I also realised that I can't put into words what a ghost is, or what a ghost does but I can put into words what a ghost isn't and what it doesn't do....

I'm saying....
    A ghost is a form of energy, thats all we really know what it is I guess
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:20 pm

I always think of the word 'Ghost' as a rather slang kind of description of a spirit form who decides he or she wants to hangs around a little more in our world.

I guess something or someone on our earth keeps them bound to the physical world.

Simple explanation.... :asmile:
    Spirit of Light
    Spirit of Light

Post  Spirit of Light Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:30 am

We called ourselves Paranormal Investigators, not ghost hunters anyway.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:05 am

That sounds better....
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:20 pm

Paranormal investigators and ghost hunters, same meaning
    mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:40 pm

Auras wrote:Paranormal investigators and ghost hunters, same meaning
      There are various paranormal issues that get investigated and ghost hunting is just one of them....  Crop circles and UFO/alien sightings are two others that immediately come to mind.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:12 pm

Auras wrote:Paranormal investigators and ghost hunters, same meaning

How about spooks......? LOL

Sponsored content