Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
jcam@sii
partofme
Spirit of Light
skye
Auras
mac
Detlef
SpiritVoices
12 posters

Protection?

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Protection? - Page 2 Empty Protection?

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

.....against what?    Are we a little afraid of connecting with the spirit world?

And why?

mac, BigJohn and lomax like this post

mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Protection? - Page 2 Empty Re: Protection?

Post  mac Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:24 am

Well over 6 years ago now a favorite member Joanie, who left this world a couple of years ago,  asked in the context of 'protection': ".....against what? Are we a little afraid of connecting with the spirit world?  And why?"

The topic was never about "playing" and never about "magick".  

The problem in 'pinging' a thread so long inactive is that there's no longer any context to new comments.  It's a situation I've often had to highlight elsewhere too.

mac likes this post

Heightend-Awareness
    Heightend-Awareness

Male
    Number of posts : 454
    Job/hobbies : Self-Employed, learning anything outside the box.
    Registration date : 2020-10-18

Post  Heightend-Awareness Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:02 am

My understanding is that when we interact with other dimensions, the dimensions contain all sorts of entities. Some benevolent and some malevolent. Obviously, the malevolent ones are the ones to watch out for and need protection from. These nasty blighters are the bottom feeders of the soul gene pool so to speak. These are the ones that have no chance of making it anywhere other than where they reside. They hunger for a taste of what we experience as life and our human condition. So when we astral travel or have OBE's etc.. it's best you do create some form of protection and possibly one of your guides to help you on your quest. If you pass on the protection you risk being tricked and you end up swapping places with the blighter or even an attachment like a parasite. Short of it is, you need a profolactic (protection) of one form or another or both. Because it could end up ruining your whole cosmic spiritual exsistance.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:16 am

Heightend-Awareness wrote:My understanding is that when we interact with other dimensions, the dimensions contain all sorts of entities. Some benevolent and some malevolent. Obviously, the malevolent ones are the ones to watch out for and need protection from. These nasty blighters are the bottom feeders of the soul gene pool so to speak. These are the ones that have no chance of making it anywhere other than where they reside. They hunger for a taste of what we experience as life and our human condition. So when we astral travel or have OBE's etc.. it's best you do create some form of protection and possibly one of your guides to help you on your quest. If you pass on the protection you risk being tricked and you end up swapping places with the blighter or even an attachment like a parasite. Short of it is, you need a profolactic (protection) of one form or another or both. Because it could end up ruining your whole cosmic spiritual exsistance.

As a new member you won't know that Joanie - the member who started this thread many years ago - very much approached the issue of contact with 'the world of the spirit' the way I do.  There are reasons for that.

Her questions were essentially meant in the context of communication via mediumship even though she posted them in a forum not totally matching her primary interest.

Astral Travel and OoBEs weren't of particular interest to her although she did understand the subjects.  Where such journeys are deliberately sought it's always to be hoped that travellers go well-prepared, just like they might into any foreign land in this dimension.  :wink:
    Heightend-Awareness
    Heightend-Awareness

Male

Post  Heightend-Awareness Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:36 am

Heightend-Awareness wrote:My understanding...
    mac

Male

Post  mac Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:53 am

quote: My understanding is that when we interact with other dimensions, the dimensions contain all sorts of entities.

Some dimensions do, others don't..... 

Those where our loved ones in spirit are to be found do not have entities we need to keep our spiritual distance from.

In certain of those that casual seekers might find themselves can be found individuals whose company we would definitely do better to avoid.
    Heightend-Awareness
    Heightend-Awareness

Male

Post  Heightend-Awareness Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:55 pm

mac wrote:quote: My understanding is that when we interact with other dimensions, the dimensions contain all sorts of entities.

Those where our loved ones in spirit are to be found do not have entities we need to keep our spiritual distance from.

In certain of those that casual seekers might find themselves can be found individuals whose company we would definitely do better to avoid.
    Still, for the inexperienced, the uninitiated may need to consider it regardless of where they go. "Better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and don't have one." Or " Forewarned is forearmed".
    mac

Male

Post  mac Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:10 pm

Heightend-Awareness wrote:
    mac wrote:quote: My understanding is that when we interact with other dimensions, the dimensions contain all sorts of entities.

Still, for the inexperienced, the uninitiated may need to consider it regardless of where they go. "Better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and don't have one." Or " Forewarned is forearmed".

The inexperienced or uninitiated should not be doing what you spoke about earlier. And perhaps should be discouraged from so doing until they have acquired the necessary understanding. A gun would then be unnecessary.....
    Heightend-Awareness
    Heightend-Awareness

Male

Post  Heightend-Awareness Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:42 pm

mac wrote:

The inexperienced or uninitiated should not be doing what you spoke about earlier.  And perhaps should be discouraged from so doing until they have acquired the necessary understanding.  A gun would then be unnecessary.....
    yes, but there are some out there willing or stupid enough to attempt this. And the gun was a metaphorical statement.
    Anala
    Anala

Female
    Number of posts : 362
    Job/hobbies : Bicycling, drawing, knitting
    Registration date : 2020-10-15

Post  Anala Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:49 pm

Some of us simply have no experience or control. I being one. I have been pulled into astral: punched and pushed down stairs. I did not ask for these things to happen. I was not looking for this experience. One quickly learns to create an automated protection if you will. It is not like I wear heavy armor everyday, but I better know where I keep it and how to put it on. I have a variety of types for many occasions. It is a good thing, like clothes... protect me from a sunburn. :-)

btw, I love the old threads here and they let me know others are and we’re curious! I am here to learn. I am thankful. :-)
    mac

Male

Post  mac Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:24 pm

mac wrote:

The inexperienced or uninitiated should not be doing what you spoke about earlier.  And perhaps should be discouraged from so doing until they have acquired the necessary understanding.  A gun would then be unnecessary.....
    yes, but there are some out there willing or stupid enough to attempt this. And the gun was a metaphorical statement.
    So was my gun.....  I do follow.  :wink: 

Now when you start to talk about the stupid ones well as Ron White says "Yuh can't fix stupid."  and neither can you legislate for it.  Those who aren't prepared to learn are just as likely not to listen.  I'll leave things at that.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:32 pm

Anala wrote:Some of us simply have no experience or control. I being one. I have been pulled into astral: punched and pushed down stairs. I did not ask for these things to happen. I was not looking for this experience.  One quickly learns to create an automated protection if you will. It is not like I wear heavy armor everyday, but I better know where I keep it and how to put it on. I have a variety of types for many occasions. It is a good thing, like clothes... protect me from a sunburn. :-)

btw, I love the old threads here and they let me know others are and we’re curious! I am here to learn. I am thankful.  :-)

Learning how to close oneself down is essential - that's the key protection.  Beyond that, learning what's happening is also essential, providing another layer of protection.

Anala likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:50 am