Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Thunder Bow
SpiritVoices
Retro76
7 posters

Dream Phenomena

Retro76

Male
    Number of posts : 207
    Job/hobbies : School
    Registration date : 2014-06-20

Dream Phenomena Empty Dream Phenomena

Post  Retro76 Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:54 pm

I made this thread to list all the random 'dream phenomenon' that occur in your dreams.

For instance, last night I had a "double voice", so I'd say "hey" and hear 'hey' twice. Once immediately, and again after 1 second.

Feel free to share some of yours :)! The thread isn't made for interpreting the phenomenon, but you can if you'd like :)
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Dream Phenomena Empty Re: Dream Phenomena

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:05 pm

An echo?   Like coming from far away?  Now that has me beat.   I could say the The Spirit World.   But that sounds trite....but who knows?
    Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male
    Number of posts : 800
    Job/hobbies : Reactivated
    Registration date : 2013-12-02

Post  Thunder Bow Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:26 pm

Is it an echo?
    millergrls
    millergrls

Female
    Number of posts : 1385
    Job/hobbies : Dispatcher
    Registration date : 2012-11-02

Post  millergrls Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:58 pm

This looks like it will be a great thread.  I will definitely post when I have an oddity of a dream.
    Retro76

Male

Post  Retro76 Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:21 am

Thank you millergrls, and to spiritvoices and thunderbow, it seemed like an echo, but the second voice was not any softer, quieter, or any farther away; like I had spoke twice, except I only spoke once... Sort of wierd :P

Like millergrls said, post any of yours too :)
    mayflow
    mayflow

Number of posts : 894
    Job/hobbies : Electronics, RF energy, test equipment
    Registration date : 2013-12-03

Post  mayflow Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:11 am

Any dreams that we remember have both conscious and subconscious factors. Maybe you are hearing both? - As a side note, I have had many varieties of dreams including many lucid ones, but I very seldom actually hear in them.

Very interesting topic.  :cool: 
    Retro76

Male

Post  Retro76 Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:57 pm

Just to cross off this I'll mention I don't talk in my sleep, and my TV was off. No external influences that I can think of. And this is probably the only time I remember talking in my dream, I've always heard, but from my memory talking is new to me.

My dream phenomena #2- "feeling by thinking"
    This one is common in my dreams, and I'm assuming it is for you too :). I'll just explain my most recent occurrence of this one. It was the middle of winter, snow was everywhere, and I wouldn't feel the cold at all. Then I'd find a lake, partially ice and partially water. Just thinking about the lake would make me cold, and until I would stop focusing on that I would stay cold. This isn't really for interpreting, it's just to add on.
    Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male

Post  Thunder Bow Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:00 pm

mayflow wrote:Any dreams that we remember have both conscious and subconscious factors. Maybe you are hearing both? - As a side note, I have had many varieties of dreams including many lucid ones, but I very seldom actually hear in them.

Very interesting topic.  :cool: 
    This is a good possibility.
    millergrls
    millergrls

Female
    Number of posts : 1385
    Job/hobbies : Dispatcher
    Registration date : 2012-11-02

Post  millergrls Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:34 am

I had a dream the other night.....

I was sitting on a beach (at the shoreline) with large cliffs behind me.  I was talking to a man....He had red curly hair that was down to his ears.  He looked as if he was around 25.  We were having a discussion and he looked at me and said "but yes..do you consider yourself a victim".  I looked at him and was about to reply when I looked over to my left and saw a black cat swimming towards me

The cat climbed up onto the shore but was then pulled back into the water but two other black cats and it began to swim out towards the middle of the water.  I watched at the other two black cats began to drown the black cat who had climbed onto shore.

I looked over at the red haired man and asked if he was going to help the cat and he stared at me blankly...

I then could see the one black cat at the bottom of the pond (it was clear) and jumped in to save it.  When I climbed into the water it was much "deeper than I had originally thought)  I swam out to the cat and just as I was bringing up the cat to the survace to save it the alarm went off and woke me up.

I have my own theory and meaning of what this dream means to me.  My intuition tells me what this dream means for me.  I am extremely open to other's opinions.

Thanks for any input.
    Retro76

Male

Post  Retro76 Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:05 am

Well, i'm the worst at interpreting, but I'll still make a nice little reply :) . I'm glad to see that despite the fact that black cats are stereotypically bad, you still tried to save it. I don't know if you've seen or read 'divergent', but it seems like our dreams always have challenges to help us understand ourself :P i hope someone can come up with a better reply (at least i tried :P)
    Retro76

Male

Post  Retro76 Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:26 am

Dream Phenomena #3 - "Past Mind-Set". This has only really happened to me once, and it was last night. I have a dog named Cadee, and in the dream I was walking her around as usual. She began to get annoyed with the leash, and started pulling on it; pulling me around. I got so annoyed that I tried to yell her name, but all that came out were the names of my past animals. "Sadie! No... Cally! Willow! Doc! Rosco!" I yelled, and they kept coming out, yet not once was there "Cadee!". Strange :P
    Bool
    Bool

Female
    Number of posts : 16
    Job/hobbies : IT
    Registration date : 2014-10-02

Post  Bool Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:59 pm

Oh, boy, you've opened a Pandora's Box of weirdness...

1) I don't actually hear at all. Never have, except for twice in my life: a warning and someone's clap. I'm glad to see someone else here doesn't hear much in dreams, because I've often worried it's just me.

2) Since I was 15-16, I've been turning into animals to navigate, hide, blend in, or fly. Most recently someone I didn't want to find me was nearing, so I turned into a cat and pretended to be just a startled cat looking around at all the noise and chaos. Works better in some dreams than others.

3) I often see cabins in the strangest places. An alien planet, by an underground lake, etc. They're always locked, but sometimes I think there are people inside that I can't see. I stop, I look at them, and I move on the whatever was happening before.

4) An ex-boyfriend once claimed I visited him in a dream as an animal. I'd never told him what in particular I'd change into, but he got the oldest and most prominent one down to species, sub-species, color, and gender (male).
    Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male

Post  Thunder Bow Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:27 pm

The cat is a part you you. The locked cabins may mean you have not opened up to others.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:38 pm