Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Dragonfly in a dream...

RavenMoon
    RavenMoon

Female
    Number of posts : 585
    Job/hobbies : fulltime and lots of interests
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Dragonfly in a dream... Empty Dragonfly in a dream...

Post  RavenMoon Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:07 am

Have searched the net and cant see to find a appropriate meaning.. so any help please?

Cant remember all of the dream but the final bit was  having a Dragonfly flying above me, trying to land on me -   all I could feel was intense fear  :rfth:

I dont like any type flying insects - but i ended up reaching out and grabbed it with  my hand to stop it coming at me and biting me. I just remember holding it wriggly in my hand...it was huge, the size of a bird......  it quite unsettled me... :gah:

hope someone can figure it out for me.. many thanks and hugs.. xx
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Dragonfly in a dream... Empty Re: Dragonfly in a dream...

Post  ameliorate Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:43 am

What is more relevant in dreams is your OWN associations than the classic symbols.  You have disclosed
    that you don't like any flying insect.  On an obvious/transparent level you took hold of that which you
    feared,
    i.e. was able to gain some means of control.  It shows you have the
    ability/power to intervene when fear
    presents itself.
    RavenMoon
    RavenMoon

Female
    Number of posts : 585
    Job/hobbies : fulltime and lots of interests
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  RavenMoon Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:50 am

Thanks amy :hugz: ... yes.. I grabbed it while quietly cakking myself... :happy: :happy:
    Interesting though.. as on the net they say Dragonflies are a sign of change and good luck... not when you are terrified as a 8" flying thing is coming at you... :giggles:
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:06 am

facing your fears would be the first thing that comes to me.
    you also added that it is trying to bite you and although you feared it and you hate insects, you grabbed it..so not only that you face your fears you also able and willing to do whatever it is to do to face them and help yourself/protect yourself.
    ok, how about we see it not as a fear but as an issue you are faced to deal with, you don't really want to deal with it, it might give you some fear, and maybe you push it away for a while, but it is allready too big to ignore, too important or painful to leave it as it is, and you need to do something about it or it will start hurting you.. and you find within yourself the power to deal with it and do the right actions to prevent it from hurting you. and yes, while facing it, you realized that it is even bigger then what you first thought of it. Yet, big or small you got it under control and forced your terms upon it and not the other way around.

so i'd say whatever is coming your way or that is allready there,,, know you have the power to over come it and help yourself.

S
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:01 pm

Be brave,my little one....face up to your fears and talk about them and you will be able to let go... :kiss:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:46 pm