Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Chanting

Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Chanting Empty Chanting

Post  Crystal Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:16 pm

Does anyone chant or ohmmmmm?  What about mantras or positive sayings? I am trying to work out a new one and wondered if anyone else uses the power of repetition and vibration?
    Sweet Guru
    Sweet Guru
    Just joined

Female
    Number of posts : 4
    Job/hobbies : Music, Pets, Universal Compassion
    Registration date : 2015-01-31

Chanting Empty Re: Chanting

Post  Sweet Guru Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:02 am

Hi I don't chant but I do say mantras while meditating. Or when I need boost,  I say a positive affirmation. I believe positive affirmations hold a lot of power by just "putting it out there" as they say. letting it echo in that moment, in the universe. 

I usually say things that are positive, and calming. Ohm or peace is a good one. Or "Bear the discomfort to gain comfort" when I'm in pain (I have a debilitating spine condition).... Sometimes, being Christian I'll just say the mantra Jesus while I meditate. I kind of see chanting/mantras as a sort of prayer. Setting the intention. Putting it out there to the universe and hoping it will come echoing back. 

That could be the poet in me lol, but it does help me like 80% of the time to say the mantras, especially with meditation. 

Sometimes if I want to deeply meditate I listen to different songs I've taught myself to go into a deep trance to. It's a type of chant I guess because I do sometimes listen to certain Gregorian Chants, although I don't chant with the monks on the song.  

Good luck, pick a mantra that appeals the most to you - that should be the best one for you at the moment. Blessings,
    Sweet Guru
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:47 pm

"Bear the discomfort to gain comfort"

That is an interesting one , thank-you I will keep that one in mind when things get tough :)
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:02 am

Chanting is supposed to be really good, though I haven't tried it however I find something repetitive like the same tune over and over or rythmmic such as drumming helpful with meditation.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Tyr

Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2015-02-09

Post  Tyr Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:46 pm

Well, I use it more to "resonate" chakras with and find it very effective, but in order to hit the "resonant frequency" of the chakra the mantra needs to be "toneal" more like, at least that is where I am at now.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:01 pm