Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
mac
psychicwiccan
6 posters

Id like to learn to astral travel

psychicwiccan
    psychicwiccan

Female
    Number of posts : 72
    Job/hobbies : wicca no job
    Registration date : 2015-09-07

Id like to learn to astral travel Empty Id like to learn to astral travel

Post  psychicwiccan Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:45 pm

I never done it before and I wanna meet spirits and the fae.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Id like to learn to astral travel Empty Re: Id like to learn to astral travel

Post  mac Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:30 pm

psychicwiccan wrote:I never done it before and I wanna meet spirits and the fae.
    Astral travel may involve meeting different spirit entities from those you're hoping to see...
    psychicwiccan
    psychicwiccan

Female

Id like to learn to astral travel Empty thats why

Post  psychicwiccan Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:06 pm

thats why i want to astral it seems cool.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:59 am

There are experienced travelers who might help you.  I can't recall who here is such a traveler.
    psychicwiccan
    psychicwiccan

Female

Id like to learn to astral travel Empty i hope they see my post

Post  psychicwiccan Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:18 pm

i hope they see my post cause if not with in a week ill ask again. thank you so much.  :bfs:
    Auras

Male
    Number of posts : 2027
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  Auras Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:39 pm

I've dabbled abit in astral projection before and also have practiced it quite a few times.

To be able to travel consciously you need to forget about about your physical body. Once this is achieved, you are just full awareness.

Do you understand what astral ptojection is?

Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:47 pm

mac wrote:
    psychicwiccan wrote:I never done it before and I wanna meet spirits and the fae.
    Astral travel may involve meeting different spirit entities from those you're hoping to see...

Astral Travel is not for the feint or even faint hearted, it should not be undertaken lightly as it can be a very disturbing and vivid experience. Please don't just try and have a go because you think it is cool. You could end up severely disturbed and depressed with break-throughs into the waking world that could leave you hallucinating or far worse.

I know that the worst thing to say to any young person is don't do it, because they just will want to even more, so instead I would just suggest that you learn how properly with a mentor that can be with you. That way they can help to ensure your safety and minimise any adverse risks or effects.

It sounds to me like you need to learn more before you do anything. Practise the basics like grounding and protection and make sure you have mastered those before you step any further, or even enter meditation.

Do you have anyone offline that you trust and respect and that you can talk to about all the kinds of things you have posted about here recently? This isn't some fun entertainment pastime that can be taken up on a whim.

I see you are wiccan, do you follow the Rede? That is good advice for anyone to start with.
    psychicwiccan
    psychicwiccan

Female

Post  psychicwiccan Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:15 pm

I dont have anyone at all.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:37 pm

I hate that this will sound harsh but my thoughts are that you need to focus more on life in this world and less on life in the next.  I don't know your parents and grandparents, of course, but I'd expect they might agree.  You can call me an old fart but it's only you who matters and it's only for you that I'm saying this to try to help.

I realize you aren't in work and likely have more time on your hands than is good for you but the remedy for that isn't to be found in the world of the spirit.  I'm sorry I sound like a preaching parent but wicca does not provide a means of support for you now and likely won't in the future.

Most regular folk need an income after which matters of the spirit can follow later. 
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    absinthe
    absinthe

Female
    Number of posts : 21
    Registration date : 2016-08-09

Post  absinthe Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:58 pm

Some people find it difficult because it’s all too easy to shock yourself back into your physical body the moment you realise you've lifted off. Plenty of people lay down to relax and find themselves daydreaming and are in a state similar to astral travel so it isn’t too difficult once you’ve tried a few times.  

It’s about lifting your consciousness out of your physical body. The web has a few instructions and hints and here are mine. There is little danger, less than having a nightmare. If things turn awkward you can snap out of it just as you suddenly awaken from a nightmare. You’re in control. If you encounter an entity that seems hostile always be polite and back out if you have to. You have nothing to fear so there’s no need to show fear after the initial surprise.

Relaxation has to be complete so if you want to sit in a chair best it’s an armchair in case you fall asleep and may fall off a chair. But here are a few points from me, for what they’re worth.

Choose your times. Experiment with different times of day/evening. Allow enough time to relax and lift off. Just suggesting half an hour is probably the minimum. You may need and take less and if the try fails there’s no sense in persisting if you get frustrated.  You may fail many times. Don’t give up. It’s usually this thing that you suddenly pull yourself back aware that you are on the astral. Go for just a few moments at first. 

Your astral body has to move outside your physical body, your limbs, you walk, you can fly, your hands are free so you have to learn to use them without your physical body becoming aware. You do it in dreams and I’ve found that a good way to start is to visualise a scene from a dream where you’re moving around and just relive that. Once you can see yourself in a scene outside your body you can move on.  You can use gateways or veils to reach regions you want to explore. If you want to go to a truly peaceful place, make up a design that epitomises peace on a veil across an opening in a wall then project yourself through it.

There’s a little more to it. Some say you should travel back to your physical body. See it there, approach and reabsorb yourself into it. It’s something I was taught and try to do. How do others end their trips?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:31 am