Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

The arcanas in tarot

Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Number of posts : 1189
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

The arcanas in tarot Empty The arcanas in tarot

Post  Blueanchor Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:59 am

It came up in conversation on another thread, that many people like myself, get on better with the major arcana cards in the tarot deck, than they do the suits.

It does feel sometimes like the tarot deck is two quite separate and distinct decks, that each require a different style of reading. So I wondered if anyone new more about the history of the deck, and how these two arcanas came to be together?
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

The arcanas in tarot Empty Re: The arcanas in tarot

Post  Crystal Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:09 pm

Does this apply to all decks or just to those that have pipped minors? Have you tried the Rider Waite Smith deck?
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:51 pm

Can you explain what you mean by pipped minors please?

I learned with ryder waite cards, but now have a deck of pagan tarot that I rather like.
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female

Post  Crystal Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:12 pm

Ahh so you used the Rider Waite, well they aren't pipped they have a picture on every card, pipped decks are like the Tarot de Marseille, the minor cards have for instance 10 cups on or 6 swords instead of a picture that is far easier to read.
    Which pagan deck is it?
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:45 pm

Theyre pagan tarot by gina Pace. The minor arcana do have pictures on, but I still find them difficult to relate to.

It's interesting what you said on the other thread about people using tarot more to predict than for self development - and this is perhaps why the major arcana feel more meaningful for me, as they touch upon that ancient side that lived beyond this life time.
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female

Post  Crystal Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:29 pm

This is not a deck that I like really, I think I am too old for it, I am not a young woman on her computer and so the energy of the cards missed the spot for me. Perhaps you have the same feeling and sense? 
    With the Rider Waite the cards represent pure archetypes - the inner person and states we pass through on our road to full development, they are ageless, and timeless and not clouded by personal experiences of the artist.
    Looking at the Pagan deck perhaps they are more one person's path rather than able to be interpreted as anyone's?
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:28 pm

Crystal wrote:This is not a deck that I like really, I think I am too old for it, I am not a young woman on her computer and so the energy of the cards missed the spot for me. Perhaps you have the same feeling and sense? 
    With the Rider Waite the cards represent pure archetypes - the inner person and states we pass through on our road to full development, they are ageless, and timeless and not clouded by personal experiences of the artist.
    Looking at the Pagan deck perhaps they are more one person's path rather than able to be interpreted as anyone's?

I'm by no means a young woman lol. But I like that the cards attempt to put the old archetypal characters in contemporary society. It is easy to conjure up a magician in its archetypal form, but I like that the cards challenge the reader to connect the archetype to the present moment.

You do make a good point regarding the archetypes being ageless, but it is the integration of the archetype into the contemporary moment that is sometimes difficult. So I like that the cards require they us to see both ageless and contemporary simultaneously.

Having said that, I tend to use oracle cards more than anything, particularly around animals - but that is my own comfort zone.
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female

Post  Crystal Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:26 am

That's an interesting point, contemporary v's ageless? I suppose that is why I have so many decks, always looking for the contemporary 'me' roflmao! But then I am fair, blonde so the main character of a dark haired person doesn't always resonate with my inner blonder ageless child either?
    It is beautiful to find a Major that really fits where we are in life on our journey.
    Do you ever enter a card, meditate and visit and place yourself inside?
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:12 pm

I rarely use the tarot anymore, I'm more into my animals - lol, I'm not sure I have too much of physical likeness to them though :giggles:
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female

Post  Crystal Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:22 pm

Blueanchor wrote:I rarely use the tarot anymore, I'm more into my animals - lol, I'm not sure I have too much of physical likeness to them though :giggles:
    Then I appreciate the cconversation so far. I too prefer animals and I am lucky to be able to work with many, do you mean dogs looking like their owner and vice versa?
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:38 pm

Crystal wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:I rarely use the tarot anymore, I'm more into my animals - lol, I'm not sure I have too much of physical likeness to them though :giggles:
    Then I appreciate the cconversation so far. I too prefer animals and I am lucky to be able to work with many, do you mean dogs looking like their owner and vice versa?

No, I'm just kidding. It's the energy of the species that we connect with in my understanding of it. I also like to meditate with a card at times, or a crystal.

And thank you for the conversation too.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:10 pm