Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Our True Nature

Bodhicitta
    Bodhicitta

Male
    Number of posts : 101
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2016-02-03

Our True Nature  Empty Our True Nature

Post  Bodhicitta Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:19 pm

A subject much debated about over the eons.  The root of our humanity is universal and divine taught many great mystics and sages.  I think they are correct.

Here is a modern Theosophist, G. de Purucker giving a little insight into our glorious divine nature and destiny:

Light for the mind, love for the heart, understanding for the intellect: all three must be satisfied in every man before he has real peace.
    There is a path, a sublime pathway of wisdom and illumination which begins, for each human being, in any one incarnation on this earth in the present life, and thereafter leads inward, for it is the pathway of consciousness and spiritual realization leading ever inward, more inward, still more inward, toward the mystic East, which is the heart of the universe, and it is the core of you — the rising sun of spiritually divine consciousness within you.
    Bodhicitta
    Bodhicitta

Male

Our True Nature  Empty James Allen

Post  Bodhicitta Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:07 pm

From his Book of Meditations:

What you are, so is your world.

February 3

ALL that you positively know is contained
    in your own experience; all
    that you ever will know must pass
    through the gateway of experience,
    and so become part of yourself. Your own
    thoughts, desires, and aspirations comprise
    your world, and, to you, all that there is in the
    universe of beauty, and joy, and bliss, or of
    ugliness, and sorrow, and pain, is contained
    within yourself. By your own thoughts you
    make or mar your life, your world, your universe.
    As you build within by the power of
    thought, so will your outward life and circumstances
    shape themselves accordingly. Whatsoever
    you harbour in the inmost chambers of
    your heart will, sooner or later, by the inevitable
    law of reaction, shape itself in your outward life.

Every soul is a complex combination of gathered
    experiences and thoughts, and the body is but an
    improvised vehicle for its manifestation.
    AmarenLux
    AmarenLux

Female
    Number of posts : 212
    Job/hobbies : Nursing Student, Spirituality, Art, Hippie
    Registration date : 2015-12-04

Our True Nature  Empty Re: Our True Nature

Post  AmarenLux Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:16 am

Yes id say thats spot on :)
    Bodhicitta
    Bodhicitta

Male

Our True Nature  Empty Garment of universal Love

Post  Bodhicitta Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:20 pm

James Allen wrote:HE who clings to self is his own enemy, and is surrounded by enemies. He who relinquishes self is his own saviour, and is surrounded by friends like a protecting belt. Before the divine radiance of a pure heart all darkness vanishes and all clouds melt away, and he who has conquered self has conquered the universe. Come, then, out of your povertycome out of your pain; come out of your troubles, and sighings, and complainings, and heartaches, and loneliness by coming out of yourself. Let the old tattered garment of your petty selfishness fall from you, and put on the new garment of universal Love. You will then realise the inward heaven, and it will be reflected in all your outward life.

Allen outlines the simple path to living from our True Nature, our Higher Self, by dropping our 'petty selfishness'.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:38 pm

Bodhicitta wrote:
    James Allen wrote:HE who clings to self is his own enemy, and is surrounded by enemies. He who relinquishes self is his own saviour, and is surrounded by friends like a protecting belt. Before the divine radiance of a pure heart all darkness vanishes and all clouds melt away, and he who has conquered self has conquered the universe. Come, then, out of your povertycome out of your pain; come out of your troubles, and sighings, and complainings, and heartaches, and loneliness by coming out of yourself. Let the old tattered garment of your petty selfishness fall from you, and put on the new garment of universal Love. You will then realise the inward heaven, and it will be reflected in all your outward life.

Allen outlines the simple path to living from our True Nature, our Higher Self, by dropping our 'petty selfishness'.
    To overcome the self/ego is basic knowledge for those on the spiritual path.
    Bodhicitta
    Bodhicitta

Male

Post  Bodhicitta Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:51 pm

Ameliorate: "To overcome the self/ego is basic knowledge for those on the spiritual path."

Yes indeed, for it is the actual daily practice of selfless concern for others that leads to all that is good, for all beings.
    Bodhicitta
    Bodhicitta

Male

Post  Bodhicitta Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:17 pm

There is another road, steep and thorny, difficult to follow, but which the Great Ones of the human race have trodden. It is the quick road, but the difficult one. It is the road of self-conquest, the road of the giving up of self for the All, the road by which the personal man becomes the impersonal Buddha, the impersonal Christ; the road by which the love for your own is abandoned, and your whole being becomes filled with love for all things both great and small. It is a difficult road to follow, for it is the road of initiation; it is the steep and thorny pathway to the gods; for when you climb the heights of Olympus you must tread the pathway as there it lies before you.

More from Purucker on the altruistic Path, from his Golden Precepts.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:20 pm

Bodhicitta wrote:

There is another road, steep and thorny, difficult to follow, but which the Great Ones of the human race have trodden. It is the quick road, but the difficult one. It is the road of self-conquest, the road of the giving up of self for the All, the road by which the personal man becomes the impersonal Buddha, the impersonal Christ; the road by which the love for your own is abandoned, and your whole being becomes filled with love for all things both great and small. It is a difficult road to follow, for it is the road of initiation; it is the steep and thorny pathway to the gods; for when you climb the heights of Olympus you must tread the pathway as there it lies before you.
    More from Purucker on the altruistic Path, from his Golden Precepts.
    Is this the path you have led?  Your introduction said that you have taken refuge in the 3 jewels of the buddha for 35 years. 

I  would be interested to learn more about your own personal experiences rather than read continuous quotes.  For instance,
    after so long on this path, what would you say you have achieved.

(I used to practise mahayana buddhism and still employ some tools/techniques gained from this).
    Bodhicitta
    Bodhicitta

Male

Post  Bodhicitta Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:21 pm

Ameliorate: "Is this the path you have led?  Your introduction said that you have taken refuge in the 3 jewels of the buddha for 35 years."

Cannot always get everything you want Ame.  The purpose of this thread is to discuss Our True Nature; the quotes are to stimulate responses about the subject.

[Off topic, but yes, the Mahayana path is the one I have chosen. My avatar shows my refuge Master, Ven. Hsuan Hua bodhisattva.]
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:40 pm

Bodhicitta wrote:Ameliorate: "Is this the path you have led?  Your introduction said that you have taken refuge in the 3 jewels of the buddha for 35 years."

Cannot always get everything you want Ame.  The purpose of this thread is to discuss Our True Nature; the quotes are to stimulate responses about the subject.

[Off topic, but yes, the Mahayana path is the one I have chosen. My avatar shows my refuge Master, Ven. Hsuan Hua bodhisattva.]
    I wasn't trying to change the topic.  I thought you might be able to contribute to it from your own experiences that's all.
    manjit
    Just joined

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2016-07-15

Our True Nature  Empty How should I find happiness in my life?

Post  manjit Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:50 am

All humans are usually in search of happiness. A life which I imagine is of finding inner peace and happiness. I have gone through the book "The Journey to the Celestial City" by Buddhadeb Basu & Lynn Gray, which is not only a great book about spirituality but also about life journey. I learned from this book that life is like a series of test and responding to those test decides one's future. I am looking for a similar spiritual book which can provide me relief and deep understandings of my problems. As this a spiritual forum I am sure I will get many trustworthy book recommendation on spirituality. Looking forward to recommendations.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:06 am

manjit wrote:All humans are usually in search of happiness. A life which I imagine is of finding inner peace and happiness. I have gone through the book "The Journey to the Celestial City" by Buddhadeb Basu & Lynn Gray, which is not only a great book about spirituality but also about life journey. I learned from this book that life is like a series of test and responding to those test decides one's future. I am looking for a similar spiritual book which can provide me relief and deep understandings of my problems. As this a spiritual forum I am sure I will get many trustworthy book recommendation on spirituality. Looking forward to recommendations.
    Firstly Our True Nature  782572 Our True Nature  408815

Since you are looking for a spiritual book to bring relief and deep understandings of your problems, I would recommend The Power Of Now by Eckhart Tolle.  It is deservedly a best seller and provides both insight and practical steps in overcoming emotional pain, the dynamics of the ego and how free we can be by having total awareness in the present moment.

Bodhicitta
    Bodhicitta

Male

Post  Bodhicitta Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:13 pm

manjit wrote:All humans are usually in search of happiness. A life which I imagine is of finding inner peace and happiness. I have gone through the book "The Journey to the Celestial City" by Buddhadeb Basu & Lynn Gray, which is not only a great book about spirituality but also about life journey. I learned from this book that life is like a series of test and responding to those test decides one's future. I am looking for a similar spiritual book which can provide me relief and deep understandings of my problems. As this a spiritual forum I am sure I will get many trustworthy book recommendation on spirituality. Looking forward to recommendations.

It is hard to predict what written teachings your soul will respond to, but this one has given guidance and uplift to many:

Golden Precepts

Also this site has a treasure trove of spiritually rich texts:  

Theosophical Society
    manjit
    Just joined

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2016-07-15

Post  manjit Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:10 am

ameliorate wrote:
    manjit  - thank you so much for your feedback. wrote:All humans are usually in search of happiness. A life which I imagine is of finding inner peace and happiness. I have gone through the book "The Journey to the Celestial City" by Buddhadeb Basu & Lynn Gray, which is not only a great book about spirituality but also about life journey. I learned from this book that life is like a series of test and responding to those test decides one's future. I am looking for a similar spiritual book which can provide me relief and deep understandings of my problems. As this a spiritual forum I am sure I will get many trustworthy book recommendation on spirituality. Looking forward to recommendations.
    Firstly Our True Nature  782572 Our True Nature  408815

Since you are looking for a spiritual book to bring relief and deep understandings of your problems, I would recommend The Power Of Now by Eckhart Tolle.  It is deservedly a best seller and provides both insight and practical steps in overcoming emotional pain, the dynamics of the ego and how free we can be by having total awareness in the present moment.

ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:39 am

manjit it looks like you were trying to reply to the above post but didn't know how to do so.  After clicking on quote, you place the cursor (mouse arrow) on the white space underneath the coloured quote box.  I hope this helps!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:10 am