Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

hacked website

mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

hacked website Empty hacked website

Post  mac Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:43 pm

This site isn't working for now. Keep checking back. mac
    mac

Male

hacked website Empty Re: hacked website

Post  mac Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:46 pm

It's been hacked and will need someone to fix things. Today is Sunday July 16 2017 - mac
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    mac

Male

Post  mac Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:11 am

gigpdo wrote:Hello Mac,
    Mine is same,only on classic version,black squares,with writing saying "3rd party hosting,photobucket"
    Is that what you have

Yes in 'Classic' version I see the Photobucket adverts, just as I do using a computer version of the website. In the mobile version the Photobucket images aren't there. But now after ameliorate's research I've followed advice and found that by clicking the adverts in, for example, the 'Reply and Quote' location I can post as normal.

It's a licensing thing and Photobucket appears to have blocked the use of their hosting for buttons, banners, avatar placings etc. Originally it looked like the website had been hacked and I should have written "It appears the website has been hacked." rather than just saying it had. Should never make unwarranted assumptions.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:39 am

mac wrote:
    gigpdo wrote:Hello Mac,
    Mine is same,only on classic version,black squares,with writing saying "3rd party hosting,photobucket"
    Is that what you have

Yes in 'Classic' version I see the Photobucket adverts, just as I do using a computer version of the website.  In the mobile version the Photobucket images aren't there.  But now after ameliorate's research I've followed advice and found that by clicking the adverts in, for example, the 'Reply and Quote' location I can post as normal.

It's a licensing thing and Photobucket appears to have blocked the use of their hosting for buttons, banners, avatar placings etc.  Originally it looked like the website had been hacked and I should have written "It appears the website has been hacked." rather than just saying it had.  Should never make unwarranted assumptions.

To 'reply and quote' first disable Adblock on SI website.  Choose a posting. Scroll to the place bottom right where the edit, reply etc. buttons are usually seen.  There should be three Photobucket images.  Hover the mouse pointer over far left image and a 'Reply and Quote' message should appear indicating the hidden placeholder.  Then click that image to get to the posting which you want to quote and reply to.

Same thing to 'Edit' but this time clicking the centre image.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:44 am

mac wrote:It's been hacked and will need someone to fix things.  Today is Sunday July 16 2017 - mac

It hadn't been hacked at all.  Photobucket appeared to be exercising its legal rights over the use of one of its products.  I've seen one other website this morning with just a single Photobucket image.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:24 pm

gigpdo wrote:Well mine is ok now,I don't understand all this computer stuff,but its all good,just the black squares covered login,on the non classic version I seem to struggle, just me I suppose,but I like this classic version,it fits my 7" screen perfectly!
    Yes, since you seem not sure, the situation is now rectified thanks to Violet - the forum owner.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:47 pm

gigpdo wrote:I thought someone said it had been hacked?
    But my system is slow now,just on this site and if I Google some info from something called "Google lead services" then it disconnects!
    Just replying to your post took a good 30 seconds to load the page,but its very cloudy tonight,so poor broadband signal.
    The original thinking was that this forum was hacked and there have been subsequent posts clarifying the situation....obviously you didn't read them.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:49 am

During the problems recently, when I didn't realise there was a way to access the forums, I used a tablet to peck out a message.  Jeez what a palaver!  It brought on home what an awful way it is to write on a forum or even just read the pages. 

It probably explains why some individuals are unaware of what's happened previously on either the thread, the forum, or the whole website; it's so tedious looking around.  And why they write without proper sentence structure, punctuation etc.  It might also explain why forum attendance has dropped so dramatically if folk are using only their smart cell-phones and/or tablets rather than a computer to visit a website.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:07 pm

gigpdo wrote:I don't have a choice,I use this because its all I can afford,my phone is a Nokia 208,a relic,but it makes phone calls lol,isn't that what they were designed for!
    But you are right,a tablet is hard to use,but its better than nothing,I was using my Nokia 208 as internet,that is hard,try it sometime!
    I don't know what country you live in but, here in UK, there is the ability to use computers free in some libraries.  Have you looked into this where you are?
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:48 pm

Libraries are better than nothing but hardly convenient for many/most of us.  If you can't afford anything other than a tablet than you have to make do with that or visit the library.  Either way it's not easy to stay up to date with postings, presumably very frustrating when you want to follow a conversation.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:43 pm

mac wrote:Libraries are better than nothing but hardly convenient for many/most of us.  If you can't afford anything other than a tablet than you have to make do with that or visit the library.  Either way it's not easy to stay up to date with postings, presumably very frustrating when you want to follow a conversation.
    Before I got a laptop, accessing computers at libraries is how I got online.  1 hour a day is free and I found ways to use up other people's time i.e. when they left before the 1 hour!

When you say 'hardly convenient' - compared to what?  No computer access at all?  Most districts have libraries and, of course, it may depend on where you live as to how inconvenient it proves.  Anyway my post was written on the offchance that gigpdo might live in UK.  If not, perhaps gigpdo could still enquire what is available locally in this way.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:50 pm

ameliorate wrote:
    mac wrote:Libraries are better than nothing but hardly convenient for many/most of us.  If you can't afford anything other than a tablet than you have to make do with that or visit the library.  Either way it's not easy to stay up to date with postings, presumably very frustrating when you want to follow a conversation.
    Before I got a laptop, accessing computers at libraries is how I got online.  1 hour a day is free and I found ways to use up other people's time i.e. when they left before the 1 hour!

When you say 'hardly convenient' - compared to what?  No computer access at all?  Most districts have libraries and, of course, it may depend on where you live as to how inconvenient it proves.  Anyway my post was written on the offchance that gigpdo might live in UK.  If not, perhaps gigpdo could still enquire what is available locally in this way.
    Hardly convenient for following an active thread where postings are being made perhaps several times a day....  

Of course a library computer is better than none as I indicated in my earlier posting but unless there's a library fairly close by the journey and the time involved might be a disincentive.  I don't know how important this little website is to gigpdo but it wouldn't be sufficiently important for me to visit a library for an hour on my own time plus whatever I could find left-over from someone else!  No offence intended to anyone but that's how it is.

I think gigpdo isn't from the UK anyway but I was 'speaking' in general terms because it's likely that website members, here and elsewhere, are using (or having to use) smart phones and/or tablets to access the web rather than a computer. 

Maybe I'm more of a dinosaur than I realise but a computer and a decent size screen is what I need.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:15 pm

If you click on the sign at the top that says 'view posts since last visit' then there is no need to miss on anything, i.e. it will continue to show what posts were made since you last read them here.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:24 pm

ameliorate wrote:If you click on the sign at the top that says 'view posts since last visit' then there is no need to miss on anything, i.e. it will continue to show what posts were made since you last read them here.
    I expect the new member has seen it.  

That facility is similar to most other websites I've used over the years.  But it's not the same as being able to get involved in a (potentially) near-live discussion when one has one's own web access.  And with a fast-moving subject old postings may quickly get out of date - that can happen just because of the time-difference between North America, Oz and the UK, the main English-speaking countries.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:27 pm

gigpdo wrote:Library too much trouble,mainly because I use internet very early morning or very late at night,too far to walk so have to drive,the community centre is the same,9 till 5 weekdays,again fuel cost and 6 bucks an hour,its just that I wake up at 2 am I go on the net,mostly to read not post,or a 24 hour TV news channel,I like world news!

PS..just an afterthought,I only belong to this one website,as a bona fide member not guest, I am not a member of any other websites,any type,shape or form!
    Not sure I understand the significance of being a registered member only on SI....  Have you considered registering on any other websites?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 11:51 am