Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

A Tarot Exercise

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

A Tarot Exercise Empty A Tarot Exercise

Post  Violet Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:03 pm

Here's an exercise to try if you want to and if you have a deck of tarot cards handy. Take out the Major Arcana or 'trump cards' to use for this exercise as they tend to have more imagery on them.

Give them a really good shuffle first then draw one out at random, place the card in front of you or hold it in your hand.

Sit quietly and calmly for a few moments just studying the card, try not to stare at it, just look at it softly taking in all the imagery.

Note down any thoughts, feelings (ie does it feel positive or negative) what does the picture or pictures on the card mean to you?

If you want to you can note the card you drew and your results in here A Tarot Exercise Icon_mrgreen

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

A Tarot Exercise Empty Re: A Tarot Exercise

Post  shayn Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:10 pm

hi violet this is a very nice exercise, i actually use something like this alot, even while a reading, i just let the card sort of tell me his story... it is very nice and very interesting.
    actually i must admit that the rest of the cards are somewhat of a puzzle.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:06 pm

Hi Shayn, do you mean the minor cards? You need a good deck that doesn't just have 'two cups' for the two of cups, the rider waite deck has images on every card making them much easier to read :asmile:

shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:20 pm

yes, i guess i mean the minor cards.
    sadly i don't like the rider deck, i didn't feel connected to them. but this is a good tip, do you know of another deck with images on the minor cards? i think i would look for a deck with images on the minor cards as well.
    thanks
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:36 pm

One you might like, (I love this deck) The Druid Craft Tarot this is a stunning deck of cards by Philip and Stephanie Carr-Gomm.
    I don't like links but here it is enjoy :) http://druidcraft-tarot.druidry.org/

if you have a look around in here you'll see the cards themselves :asmile:

shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:17 am

thank you, they look interesting..

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content