Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

On Using Western Medicine

WaitingForTheSun
    WaitingForTheSun

Male
    Number of posts : 17
    Job/hobbies : Nursing student
    Registration date : 2017-08-31

On Using Western Medicine Empty On Using Western Medicine

Post  WaitingForTheSun Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:48 pm

Hello, 

I am unsure of where to post this, so I hope this is the proper place. I am currently studying to become a nurse in Canada. The only thing is, is that I personally believe in more natural approach to health. 

I guess my question is, is it weird to become a nurse even if I don't believe in all of the practices (ex. chemotherapy)? I'm doing it for the reason of helping people, something I love doing.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Number of posts : 1189
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

On Using Western Medicine Empty Re: On Using Western Medicine

Post  Blueanchor Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:49 pm

Its not weird that youre training to be a nurse. But it might be something that you need to reconcile within yourself.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:15 pm

Yes I agree with Blueanchor.   You need to weigh up the degree of conflict this poses when you envisage the reality of having to administer orthodox medication.

Whilst I am a great advocate of alternative medicine/remedies, when it comes to something as serious as cancer (e.g. chemotherapy) you might want to read this....

http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org/2015/04/27/alternative-therapies-whats-the-harm/
    WaitingForTheSun
    WaitingForTheSun

Male

Post  WaitingForTheSun Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:20 am

Blueanchor wrote:Its not weird that youre training to be a nurse. But it might be something that you need to reconcile within yourself.

Thank you very much for replying. I think you're right, I should reconcile.
    WaitingForTheSun
    WaitingForTheSun

Male

Post  WaitingForTheSun Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:21 am

ameliorate wrote:Yes I agree with Blueanchor.   You need to weigh up the degree of conflict this poses when you envisage the reality of having to administer orthodox medication.

Whilst I am a great advocate of alternative medicine/remedies, when it comes to something as serious as cancer (e.g. chemotherapy) you might want to read this....

http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org/2015/04/27/alternative-therapies-whats-the-harm/

Wow,

What an insightful article! Thank you very much for posting. Nothing is black and white, so I guess I should think about things from all perspectives.
    AmarenLux
    AmarenLux

Female
    Number of posts : 212
    Job/hobbies : Nursing Student, Spirituality, Art, Hippie
    Registration date : 2015-12-04

On Using Western Medicine Empty Hey

Post  AmarenLux Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:23 pm

I'm currently a nursing student, and do not agree with many of the current health practices, but I've come to realise that learning about modern day medicine especially from the perspective of a health professional gives me a unique perspective and insight into medicine especially how it affects people, it gives me the ability to understand how it affects peoples lives. And this one day may allow me to help someone heal from the effects of modern medicine. Just something to consider. 

I do though plan to go down a more natural path, just not sure when that will occur.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:51 am