Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Which Tarot Cards Do You Check before purchasing?

RainbowLight
    RainbowLight

Female
    Number of posts : 265
    Registration date : 2020-10-15

Which Tarot Cards Do You Check before purchasing? Empty Which Tarot Cards Do You Check before purchasing?

Post  RainbowLight Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:28 am

When wanting to buy a deck, are there specific cards you check that could be a deal-breaker when you don't like them?

For me these are the Hierophant, Devil and Death cards. And to a lesser degree the Ace of Cups. 
    But a Hierophant that grates on me can mean I'm not buying the deck.

What are your cards? Or don't you have 'deal-breaker' cards at all?
    Amberfields
    Amberfields

Female
    Number of posts : 256
    Job/hobbies : Artist, writer.

Which Tarot Cards Do You Check before purchasing? Empty Re: Which Tarot Cards Do You Check before purchasing?

Post  Amberfields Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:48 pm

My first deck was the Aboriginal of the Dreamtime Oracle deck. I loved it, but lost one card during a move once. I don't like the traditional deck styles, I just can't seem to connect with them well. Today I use the Psychic tarot oracle deck. I love it.
    RainbowLight
    RainbowLight

Female

Which Tarot Cards Do You Check before purchasing? Empty Re: Which Tarot Cards Do You Check before purchasing?

Post  RainbowLight Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:16 pm

Nice! I didn't know that Dreamtime Oracle deck.
    A shame you lost a card from it. But at least you have another deck you work well with :) That's a John Holland deck I believe?
    Amberfields
    Amberfields

Female

Post  Amberfields Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:40 pm

It is a John Holland deck. I did look for the Aboriginal one to purchase again, but for some reason it got very expensive.
    What decks do you prefer?
    RainbowLight
    RainbowLight

Female

Post  RainbowLight Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:49 pm

I checked, and the Aboriginal deck is only L14,77 on Bookdepository?
    If you really want it I'd get it as sometimes cards disappear, no reprint...

In any case, what I prefer depends. I love the more 5D focused oracle decks by Rebecca Campbell (2), I've got Ascension Oracle by Diana Cooper on the way, which is also on the 5D and ascension.
    But I also like the more shaman / witchy cards like Angels & Ancestors by Kyle Gray, The Witches Wisdom Oracle and the Dark Goddess Oracle, both by Barbara MeikleJohn. The Dark Goddess Oracle is great for the shadowy readings, finding out what is blocked or what you should stop doing. 
    I also got a Fairy deck, unicorns, animals and so on. Now the animal deck is also a bit unusual as it is also very much 5D-ish. For instance, cats and rabbits originate from Orion so it then also gives info on that in combi with the specific goal or task of said animal. So it's not your typical power animal deck.
    Then there's more feminine energy oriented decks like The Divine Feminine Oracle, and so on.

So I got a bit of all I guess. I choose intuitively which deck(s) I'm going to use for a reading.
    Amberfields
    Amberfields

Female

Post  Amberfields Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:06 pm

I have no idea what L14,77 means. LOL. Perhaps I will buy it for myself for Christmas. It is around 50 US dollars where I found it.

You sure do have lots of decks. I am not familiar with any of the ones you mentioned. I will check them out and see what hits me in the feels.
    Chrysalis2
    Chrysalis2

Female
    Number of posts : 56
    Job/hobbies : I'm retired. I like nature, crafts, pets

Post  Chrysalis2 Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:36 pm

Your cards sound wonderful. 

I don't have any cards that are a deal breaker if, and when, I'm thinking of buying another deck. For me, I consider the whole deck. It took me some time to get past the stage of just looking at the art work to actually doing something with the cards. I have a handful but will mention just these ones as they're the most recent and sort of being used.

I'm using the Gilded tarot for shadow work. I plan on not using the deck for readings until I finish the shadow work.

The deck I got after that one is Alchemy 1977 England which is a Marseilles style deck. It specializes with consulting ancestors and past life work.

My newest deck is the Spellcaster's tarot. It can be used for magical purposes.
    RainbowLight
    RainbowLight

Female

Post  RainbowLight Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:38 pm

Oh, I figured everyone would know that L is used to mean UK pounds :) Since I'm not UK myself I haven't got the Pound symbol on my keyboard. 
    If you need a price in US it's around $17-18 at bookdepository. Free shipping worldwide. So the deck is really on the cheaper side :) 
    Blackwell dot co dot uk has it for pretty much the same price too. Also free shipping worldwide.
    :astar:
    RainbowLight
    RainbowLight

Female

Post  RainbowLight Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:40 pm

Chrysalis2 wrote:Your cards sound wonderful. 

I don't have any cards that are a deal breaker if, and when, I'm thinking of buying another deck. For me, I consider the whole deck. It took me some time to get past the stage of just looking at the art work to actually doing something with the cards. I have a handful but will mention just these ones as they're the most recent and sort of being used.

I'm using the Gilded tarot for shadow work. I plan on not using the deck for readings until I finish the shadow work.

The deck I got after that one is Alchemy 1977 England which is a Marseilles style deck. It specializes with consulting ancestors and past life work.

My newest deck is the Spellcaster's tarot. It can be used for magical purposes.
    Sounds good and like interesting decks!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:50 pm