Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

A squabble

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

A squabble Empty A squabble

Post  Violet Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:47 am

I found a deck of cards at a second hand stall recently, they were asking a tenner for them, there was no way I was paying that for them so I put them back, the guy on the stall said 'you're not supposed to buy cards for yourself anyway it's really bad luck' to which I responded ' what nonsense' he then said rather shirtily 'no, it's true and I should know, as I read the cards' so I said 'well i've bought myself scores of packs and i'm still here to tell the tale' and he still carried on arguing with me so I walked away before I lost it grrrrr A squabble 831496
    So what are your thoughts on this and no, A squabble 809779 i'm not wanting to squabble I just think it's only bad luck if you believe it to be bad luck, the same as using second hand decks (which a lot of mine are.)

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

A squabble Empty Re: A squabble

Post  1antique Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:01 am

My question is why did you allow him to get under your skin?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:48 am

Because he spoke to me like I was an imbecile and that winds me up more than anything, his whole attitude stunk

1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:37 pm

I know it is maddening when that happens. It is so tempting to 'have your say' with them when that happens ( as I have had occasion to do, also A squabble 160943 ). The sad part is that it affects us much more than them. We take it personally, while they merely think to themselves what an a** we are for reacting the way we did. They do not understand that it was their actions that caused you to react that way. All they understand is that you reacted negatively to their 'sales pitch'.

And yes, it irritates the H*** out of me when salesmen do this! A squabble 88636

Hmmm...maybe that is why I am not a salesman anymore? I hate it being done to me, so I refused to do it to others.....
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:30 pm

By rights I should have just walked away, as it did wind me up and I stayed wound up A squabble 160943 my own fault really.

1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:28 pm

Yup...and I do the same thing..... A squabble 350287
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:30 pm

A squabble 114597 A squabble 114703

wyldeflower
    wyldeflower

Female
    Number of posts : 117
    Job/hobbies : photography,gardening,herbs
    Registration date : 2009-09-22

Post  wyldeflower Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:17 pm

I suppose if you cleanse them they are ok ..dont believe the bad luck thing at all..some people are mega irritating..They could still have last users energy on them but you can make them your own..
    I havnt got any second hand cards to say really ..i too have several sets i have bought cards and didnt like them and passed them on and the people i passed them to lived to see another day without any bad luck..
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:11 am

I know someone who destroyed theirs when someone else told them it was unlucky to even have them in the house A squabble 350287 where are we supposed to keep them in a bush out in the garden A squabble 809779 I was gutted what a waste, she was gutted too when I told her it was nonsense.

1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:39 am

I don't know what the big deal is about cleansing them is. I mean, doesn't most people have a washing machine? A squabble 619524
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader

Post  shayn Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:52 am

i buy my cards, or i will have no cards, i guess bad luck is when you believe in it..

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:23 pm