Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

The Empress

StrandedSnowMonkey
    StrandedSnowMonkey

Number of posts : 533
    Registration date : 2020-10-15

The Empress Empty The Empress

Post  StrandedSnowMonkey Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:00 am

Hi All :)

What's your favourite Empress card? I ask as this was the card for me when I was thinking about printing my own card. Something to give me a little push. Thanks.

Oh! I should also share that it was from 'The Wild Unkown' deck.

Last edited by StrandedSnowMonkey on Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sharing)

Resonator likes this post

Resonator
    Resonator

Male
    Number of posts : 358
    Job/hobbies : Recycler
    Registration date : 2012-01-24

The Empress Empty Re: The Empress

Post  Resonator Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:32 am

I have Tarot of a Moon garden and I love it.

Have you read the book 'Tarot as a Way of Life - A Jungian approach to the Tarot' by Karen Hamaker-Zondag? HIGHLY recommended.

StrandedSnowMonkey likes this post

StrandedSnowMonkey
    StrandedSnowMonkey

Post  StrandedSnowMonkey Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:29 am

Resonator wrote:I have Tarot of a Moon garden and I love it.

Have you read the book 'Tarot as a Way of Life - A Jungian approach to the Tarot' by Karen Hamaker-Zondag?   HIGHLY recommended.
    No i haven't. Thanks for the heads up ~ will check out both :)
    StrandedSnowMonkey
    StrandedSnowMonkey

Post  StrandedSnowMonkey Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:11 pm

The book has arrived and hopefully I may get the cards next week. It looks good :)

Well, I'll give myself a couple of weeks to do a relief print of the card. It takes a couple of days for the ink to dry. First opaque, then transparent and finally black. A good challenge. I've yet to decide how many prints to do. A couple will be for test prints. The key think will be registration ~ if I have to wait for glue to dry it may take a bit longer.

Resonator likes this post

StrandedSnowMonkey
    StrandedSnowMonkey

Post  StrandedSnowMonkey Thu May 13, 2021 1:57 pm

The cards arrived. The artwork is really nice :)

Well, I needed a bit more time. To be honest I'm not sure about colours perhaps some shades of grey. I'll put a swatch together. It was good to see how much detail I could have. The most important thing was to take time and learn from mistakes. Here's what I have so far: link

In the next week or so I'll do some more reading and perhaps put something together in writing. Any input appreciated. Thanks.

Anala likes this post

Gardenia
    Gardenia

Female
    Number of posts : 15
    Job/hobbies : Retired, knitting, spinning, camping, 4WD'ing, gardening, drawing
    Registration date : 2020-11-03

Post  Gardenia Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:07 pm

What is the picture supposed to be of? I'm not sure what the connection is or what it has to do with the Empress card.

StrandedSnowMonkey
    StrandedSnowMonkey

Post  StrandedSnowMonkey Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:53 pm

The card that inspired me was of a tree ~ creation, nature, the mother. It's only a start. My print was of a tree beside a river. I'm hoping to also do another with more symbolism. It means more detail and I'm just working up to a larger scale. I now have a larger lightpad and I whilst I might not be able to carve I'll try using pen and ink. Thanks for asking.
    Gardenia
    Gardenia

Female
    Number of posts : 15
    Job/hobbies : Retired, knitting, spinning, camping, 4WD'ing, gardening, drawing
    Registration date : 2020-11-03

Post  Gardenia Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:59 am

StrandedSnowMonkey wrote:The card that inspired me was of a tree ~ creation, nature, the mother. It's only a start. My print was of a tree beside a river. I'm hoping to also do another with more symbolism. It means more detail and I'm just working up to a larger scale. I now have a larger lightpad and I whilst I might not be able to carve I'll try using pen and ink. Thanks for asking.

Thanks for the explanation. Now I understand where you're coming from, which makes perfect sense.

StrandedSnowMonkey
    StrandedSnowMonkey

Post  StrandedSnowMonkey Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:57 pm

Your welcome :)

My right arm is our of action so i shall try with my left hand. Probably on my graphics monitor as it's easier to start over again. However my peer support worker suggested drawing without looking so i shall try that too. My print is not finished as the river has some rapids and I now have the ink for that when i can use both hands.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:32 pm