Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Ignorance and people with ignorant behavior

Bokalskaren
    Just joined

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2021-12-22

Ignorance and people with ignorant behavior Empty Ignorance and people with ignorant behavior

Post  Bokalskaren Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:46 pm

I was at a Discord server for discussing random stuff, when someone started to mention research. I was curious to what it was about, when they, in the response, out of the blue started to critize alternative medicine and claimed there was scientific evidence against it. I know of no such "evidence" and this person was very stubborn. I tried to say that I did not agree, and that I did not want to discuss it further. The reaction was very much like some hateful person wold do, she went on and put up more pseudosceptic claims, other members agreed, I don't know if they were trolls, but they acted like that. If they now were medical researchers, why do they behave immature and inhumble like that? They only pull bad reputation towards themselves. Being narrow minded and sceptic is one thing, I can accept that but why going on despite I tried to ignore them and block them? It seems they had some kind of narcissistic qualities. Only talking about the issue in another forum on the web did not help. They did not even note the problem I came up with. What kind of people behave like that? How to really deal with it? It is totally sure there is something wrong somewhere. I don't believe in conspiration theories but when the (at least claimed to be) researchers ban alternative medicine and behave like haters and bullies, or at least very childish and blame it on us who try to discuss with them, then there is something wrong. Bullying is NEVER right even if alternative medicine were fake, they would still not have had the right to behave like that.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Ignorance and people with ignorant behavior Empty Re: Ignorance and people with ignorant behavior

Post  mac Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:37 pm

It's a sad fact that some individuals aren't happy in themselves and that unhappiness manifests in such ways.  There is absolutely no point in engaging with them as they are there to disparage rather than discuss.

Conversely, though, we shouldn't expect others to accept the values that persuade us individually simply because it makes sense for us. No more than we become persuaded simply because someeone else is.....

If you're determined to have your say online or wanting to engage with others of a like mind then you need to find the right kind of website for you.  The one you mention may not be the one that best suits your needs.  If so, move on.....
    Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 887
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Ignorance and people with ignorant behavior Empty Re: Ignorance and people with ignorant behavior

Post  Native spirit Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:58 am

I would have to agree with Mac some people are not happy unless they make others miserable
     this comes in all works of Life

Namaste

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:15 am