Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Lynn
Purplemoon
Emma
Ashley
soulstories
Lovinthejourney
Earthealer
shayn
wyldeflower
Violet
14 posters

The Tarot Collectors Thread

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

The Tarot Collectors Thread - Page 2 Empty The Tarot Collectors Thread

Post  Violet Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:59 am

First topic message reminder :

I'm making this a sticky, as I think it would be great to have somewhere to discuss tarot card collections and unusual or rare decks, and to compare notes.

Even if you aren't a collector you may find the discussions in here interesting and even help you in your choice of deck.

So.... for any collector out there which deck is the most important to you personally and why?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

dream jo likes this post

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

The Tarot Collectors Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Tarot Collectors Thread

Post  Violet Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:52 am

Do you read for yourself with them Dilettante, and you did right to get them if it felt right for you to have them.

Purplemoon
    Purplemoon

Number of posts : 22
    Registration date : 2011-11-17

Post  Purplemoon Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:00 am

Violet

I can read oracle cards for myself but not actual tarot cards . There are some decks that i cant connect with myself like the the mythic deck , i do love this deck the imagery is beautiful .
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:30 pm

I struggle to read eitther of them for myself Purplemoon, it's frustrating. The Mythic Tarot is a really lovely deckThe Tarot Collectors Thread - Page 2 821538

Purplemoon
    Purplemoon

Post  Purplemoon Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:51 am

Violet,

Are you asking a specific question when doing the cards or just doing random readings for yourself? As i found this was mainly my problem especially with the oracle cards , as i felt that majority of the answers the cards gave never applied to me . Some people do say it is better to ask a question for guidance . I always say a mantra while i am shuffleling my cards of "What do i need to know and learn today" for my daily card .I find that this helps me put my reading into perspective even if it is only one card .
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:53 am

Hello

The main deck I use is The Halloween Tarot....

I have severl decks now. I have been asked to write independent reviews on them as I do tend to use them differently at times. Will post them as I do them up....

I have : The Halloween Tarot, The Psychic Tarot, Archangle Oracle Cards, Angel Therpay Oracle Cards, The Answer is Simple, Angels, Gods and Goddesses, Spriti Animals.

SO here is what I came up for with "The Psychic Tarot"

Personal Review of “The Psychic Tarot” deck by John Holland

I was looking for a deck that I could use for “Live” platform readings, where I had something physical to show the one choosing a card and a base line to spring from for a meaning that would call to what they needed to hear.

This deck called to me first I must admit from the image on the cover of the box, but too I know not to judge a book by its cover so I looked deeper. I was interested by the name of them as it had the word “Tarot” in it but they were in the Oracle Cards section. I find they combine well the two worlds into one deck.

There is a Main Arcana like in traditional Tarot and a Minor Arcana. Where the big difference comes in is that there is an added Chakra Card layout. The breakdown is color coded so that is easy to read. There is the Physical (Red), Emotions (Green), Mental (Indigo) and Spirit (Violet) then the Chakras.

What I find this does is open up deeper where a person needs to look for answers. I have found that as I work well with intuition and being able to “read” people that I can connect well to the cards on an energy level. For example is someone picks a card in the “Spirit” section its can go to a lost loved one….in Spirit that I can pick up information there from or to what is going on in their inner self or what I call Spirit Self….that inner voice. If it’s a card from the Physical it can go to body issues but too other levels too one’s physical presence in the World and issues that might be effecting that place. For the Mental that can be either on the mental thinking level or on the mental Soul level, going to what needs to be looked at or even cleared away. When it comes to Emotions that is usually a deeply personal one and I am more careful on WHAT I just let flow out from me. Usually that is issues that one has suppressed and not dealt with that are causing life issues. The Chakras simply show me where the blocks lay and that there is clearing or opening work to be done. Where they are less effective is in individuals that do not understand or maybe embrace their existence, if that is the case then I have to do what I call a Body Scan and see what health issues might be there but NEVER on a diagnostic level more on a surface look into this level.

All it all it’s a very useful and easy to use deck. While like most decks it comes with a companion book that can be used I have yet to crack it open past the First main pages. It is very well explained and has some good additional information in it.
    Purplemoon
    Purplemoon

Post  Purplemoon Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:05 am

Lynn,

How do you find the answer is simple cards to use ? I have just googled them i have a couple of decks from Sonia Chouquette and i totally love them , i never knew these existed i will have to get me a copy for sure .
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female

Post  Lynn Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:02 pm

Purplemoon wrote:Lynn,

How do you find the answer is simple cards to use ? I have just googled them i have a couple of decks from Sonia Chouquette and i totally love them , i never knew these existed i will have to get me a copy for sure .

Hello

I wanted a SIMPLE" deck to use with the Platform Mediumship that I am doing. So that I can have someting "PHYSICAL" to show someone when I am doing a reading. That way one does not need to openly say what is on their mind but when the card is pulled I can give the message and its fully understood.

I find they are great for "focused" questions. I do not know that I would use them for a FULL reading. Its desigend for intuitve guidance but I have too found that it works well for inner Spirit messeages or messages from LOVed one's .

I have looked at hundreds of decks now and I really find a deck calls to me. I have friends say try this one and I know right off its NOT me and it does not work for me. Funny how that works.

Lynn
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female

Post  Lynn Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:09 am

Hello

The deck I use for most readings is The Halloween Tarot. This is the deck that so called to me and really FITS whom Lynn is as a reader and a person....I take doing readings very seriously but too I have that "FUN" side of me that needs to be set free to play.

Here is an independent review of them.....

The Halloween Tarot

A fun Rider-Waite based deck, novelty and carton like in nature. Made mostly I feel as a Halloween novelty deck I personally use it as the MAIN deck. For me it called to me in whom I am and the playful side of me but too that darker energy side of life. It is easy to use for those with some experience using the more traditional deck.

Pumpkins, Ghosts, Bats, and Imps are the themes use. The main cards stay the same in name and in a cartoon way theme of design. It has a nice weighted deck to use nothing fancy about the cards and the size is standard 6 ½ by 11 ½ c. Light weight and very easy to shuffle….too in being lighter and have been well used now a year, I find them still in FINE condition.

The deck is said to be common for adding a “Seasonal Flair” to readings but I have found that a deck calls to one and I use it year round. I do not have the traditional WR deck, though it has for years came to me in “Flashes” for readings. Thus when this deck called to me so I was happy to find a physical too to use that spoke to me.

I highly recommend this deck if one is just starting out it’s easy to learn and use. Making it a bit FUN to learn. I have a friend reader that uses the “Gummy Bear” deck as her main one…and it is her as her home is overrun with Teddy Bears.

Lynn
    Purplemoon
    Purplemoon

Post  Purplemoon Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:39 am

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for that , i have ask your guides and trust your vibes cards from Sonia Chouquette anfd they are fantastic easy to work with as well . Out of the many decks that i have i always go back to Rrider waite , must pull my other decks out and have a play with them to see how i connect with them as it has been a while since i last used them .
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:24 pm

Very popular the Rider Waite Deck, seems to be a firm favourite with most people. I have a few different decks I need to practice with.

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:32 pm

Did anyone get any new decks for Christmas?

Purplemoon
    Purplemoon

Post  Purplemoon Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:47 am

I got a deck called money and the law of attraction cards by Esther and Jerry Hicks they seem ok exactly what i need now as i have money worries , i am going to put them into practice .
    zohar

Female
    Number of posts : 41
    Job/hobbies : meditation /yoga alternative therapies....
    Registration date : 2011-12-26

Post  zohar Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:20 pm

I got shaman cards, seems pretty on cue as i had been experiencing a change in guide and been recieiving information via my dreams and meditations, so was definatly due to come into my energy field.....
    My main deck would be Rider Waite, and ArchAngel cards, my first deck Rider Waite, although each time i picked these up i recieved not the best news so i put them away and didnt do reads for no one close to me anymore, as i picked up on too many passings in my friends families, and i had to then carry that around with me, so my choice was to not use tarots again, i really only pick them up for myself now every blue moon but even then im dubious .... i have only few more decks on top of these, druid cards and more angel cards, but definatly feel drawn to these shamon wisdom cards, will just have to see why as time goes by... but i agree like so many Rider Waite are strong cards, easy to read as the pictures are so powerful ....... but the information in my own opinion can be unsettling especially if you are empathically open and the ppl are close friends / family......
    However they still remain a favouryt deck ........

xxkerixxxx
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:47 pm

I hope you find they are a better deck for you Zohar.

Purplemoon I hope the cards are good for you too.

Purplemoon
    Purplemoon

Post  Purplemoon Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:05 am

thanks Violet , they seem to be very positive and that is a good thing and thats what i need to change my focus .
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:37 pm

Hi Purplemoon I don't think I know that deck actually but they sound good if they're positive, i'll look them upThe Tarot Collectors Thread - Page 2 821538

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:40 pm

That's one deck I haven't gotThe Tarot Collectors Thread - Page 2 809779 , they've got quite good reviews on the site I looked at too.

LittleFey
    Just joined

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2012-02-26

Post  LittleFey Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:57 pm

I've collected for many years. I collected rare decks and have many rare ones over the years.Tarot of a moon garden, northern shadows, merlin, arthurian, rider waite 71' to name but a few a German Thoth daili german and english Dali decks with certificates. (Yes I went Dali mad!) but they are pricey!

I have favourite is a silver printed Tarot Of the old path and it always reads accurately oddly a dark deck by Karen mahoney works well for me, yet I am not a dark person it's always spot on scarily so, so I kept putting it away as got afraid of it.

Idea was to open tarot business and offer reading to any faith religion so bought many styles to seem like a ok person accepting of anything. Then decided not to procede as mum got really ill, so spent time helpign her then I got ill, ok it runs in family and just spent time in ER.
    I love angel cards as went to a course about them, so thought they would end up my main cards I want to go back to my very used angel cards. Always make me feel hopeful.

I enjoyed Vision Quest Cards Tarot they were fun--yes I like the positive ones myself, but when in a sad place I did try darker cards...but found they only made me in a bad head space depressed...(not a good choice) went back to Angel cards.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:47 am

Yes some of the darker cards can make you feel low.

Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:21 pm

Violet wrote:Hi Soulstories ,what a shame you had to part with all those cards, the tarot of the ages is a lovely deck though I don't use it, the transparent tarot (if it's the one i'm thinking of) is definately a collectors deck and on my 'wanted' list. The Tarot Collectors Thread - Page 2 821538

Have you see the Universal Transparent Tarot by Lo Scarabeo/Llewellyn? It is based on the Waite-Smith cards and a really interesting twist.
    Xamelattha
    Just joined

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2014-08-23

Post  Xamelattha Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:57 pm

My first deck was the Hermetic Tarot. It is still very special as it never gave any wrong clues and showed me the way in very difficult situations.
    The Mary-El is another great deck, very difficult and complex with a very unique view on the cards. Great for more philosophical readings.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 2:02 am