Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Tapping

RylieHawkfire
    RylieHawkfire
    Just joined

Female
    Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2010-01-28

Tapping Empty Tapping

Post  RylieHawkfire Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:17 am

Someone very close to me recently taught me this great form of meditation called tapping, which seems to bring excellent results. It's very simple to do, you just sit comfertably, close your eyes, and place your hands on your lap. Then you decide on what you want to "tap" about, for example the problems your having with a friend, and bring up all the feelings you have about that topic (eg. anger, fear, happiness, etc.). And when you feel all those emotions at their strongest, you tap. Starting with your left hand, tap your left thigh. Then with your right hand, tap your right thigh. Go back and forth like this.
    This worked wonders for me. I was tapping about my father, who passed away four years ago, and in my mind's eye I saw a Native American medicine man, leathery skin and long black hair. He looked old and wise, and he had a medicine pouch with him. He reached out and handed it to me, and I could feel the weight in my hands, and for a few minutes, I wasn't in a dim-lit room tapping my thighs, I was with this amazing man, accepting his offer to heal myself after my tradgedy.
    So what do you guys think? Do you find this info useful? Would you want to try tapping for yourself?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Tapping Empty Re: Tapping

Post  Violet Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:41 am

Hi Rylie, I haven't heard of this before, I tend to write when I get angry or upset and work it out of my system that way.

Unfortunately tapping is not for me as it winds me when people tap me, I can't bear it, it's good if it works for you and i'm sure some of the others would be interested in this method. Tapping 821538
    Thank you for sharing with us

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sponsored content

Tapping Empty Re: Tapping

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:20 pm