Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
skye
Lynn
Violet
7 posters

Advance Notice?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Advance Notice? Empty Advance Notice?

Post  Violet Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:16 am

I know that some people just know when they will die and sometimes they know this from a very early age.
    But for the rest of us, do you think we are given any notice that we're going to die, do we get subliminal messages that we may not even recognise or acknowledge, maybe we don't understand the message until it actually happens. Or maybe we just don't want to believe it.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Advance Notice? Empty Re: Advance Notice?

Post  Lynn Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:32 am

Hello

It might well come down to if one fears death or has peace with that one will go. Me Dad in the ER the night he passed seemed to know he was done. They were still working on him when we got there but I knew he had already gone I felt him go.

I have the at times not so nice knowing and feeling one's go when their time comes. With accuracy I can give the time of death to the minute that be recored.

I Knew from when I was 18 that I would have an NDE event as there is a break in the life line of me hand a reader mentioned. I never gave it a second thought then til about a year after the NDE fall I had and I came accross the hand print and chat she did for me. A group had gone to a fair and played around.

Do we really want to know when we are to go or how we are to go? What would it really change? Death is not the end but simply a new beginning.

Lynn
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:37 pm

My dad had lung cancer and in July of the year of his passing, he told his family he would be dead before christmas, he died on the 23rd of December. Although we all knew his death was inevitable due to the disease, it was still a shock and the way in which he said this we knew there was no mistake or an attempt for us to feel sorry for him. His comment enabled the whole family to appreciate every single moment that we had left with him much more, besides being able to say our personal goodbye to him.
    All in all, this period of time revealed the weaknesses we have, for instance how often we take each other for granted and ignore to some extent the relationships we have, because we assume we will always be around. Sadly as many of us here know, this is not always the case.
    I do believe we all become aware of our passing although we may not realise it when it happens. I have heard stories where people have acted differently as if out of character to their normal everday routine, and, later in the day this person has come to pass unexpectedly.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:20 pm

Sorry for your loss skye :hugz: and it's good that you were able to make the most of the time he had left :hugz:

skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:55 pm

Thank you Violet. Advance Notice? 21581
    Summerland

Female
    Number of posts : 11
    Job/hobbies : psych, crocheting, reading, artwork
    Registration date : 2011-02-07

Post  Summerland Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:22 pm

I hope that the long time members don't mind if I resurrect another old topic.
    My father came to visit me from Tennessee while I was pregnant with my fifth child (yes, I am certifiably insane Advance Notice? 45824 ) I was going to have a boy finally. Dad visited and had originally planned on going to see his brother in Arizona. As I was walking him out to the car he told me that he was going home. I asked why; his crops were harvested and he had plenty of time. He said no, that he was tired and ready to go home. Again I was asking why and he said that he was just ready to go home. I told him that I expected him to be back in the summer to see his new grandson. He told me that he didn't think that would happen. By now I was getting concerned and told him that he had seen all of his grandkids and that he would see this one. He just smiled at me in his special way and said,"Princess, I don't think so. But I'll be around."
    About a month later he called in the middle of the night and talked and talked; he said that he wanted to tell me all the things that he never had a chance to say. We talked about 2 hours.
    One week later I took the kids out to my moms to set up her X-mas tree and we got stuck by a snowstorm and spent the night. My husband was a cross country truck driver. In the middle of the night one of my daughters and I both woke screaming our lungs out twice. The second time I woke the kids and my mom and said that I had to get home; there was a reason that we were waking screaming. I thought maybe my husband had an accident. As I walked in the front door the phone was ringing. When I answered it was my dad's sister telling me that my father had died. He had his first heart attack and they were able to revive him; the second massive attack took him. My dad knew that he was going to die; he was a healthy man, but he had told me that he was tired and ready to go home- - - that is what he meant.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:29 pm

Hi Summerland, sorry for your loss Advance Notice? 21581 and thank you for sharing this, it seems he really knew.
    What strikes me about many of these experiences is that these who do know never seem alarmed or worried or even scared, (not that i'd want them to, ) they seem to totally accept it, I could understand this amongst very elderly people but it's surprising amongst younger people.

And please, if you want to add to any topic please do, it doesn't matter if it's an old one, many forums prune them away but I think it is interesting to read new opinions and thoughts and also see if your own opinions and thoughts have changed in the meantime. Advance Notice? 821538

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:48 pm

i would like to add my condolences to Violet for Skye and Slumberland.
    It is heartbreaking when we lose someone dear to us.
    My husband had the same premontion for himself but 20 years earlier.My father had just passed away and we travelled from the south to the north for the funeral.
    I was upset so Ken found a quiet small pub and took me for a quiet drink.
    We talked about death and Ken being a spiritualist talked to me about the spirit world.
    It was then that he told me he had about 20 years to go.
    I was shocked as we had only been married for a year.
    He was healthy and only in his 50's then.
    He actually passed nearly 25 years later,he struggled to stay alive until April as it would have been our 25th wedding anniversary then but died two months before that event.
    He never told me how he knew but he was sure that was all the time he had left.
    Joanie xx
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:18 pm

Hi Joanie, sorry for your loss Advance Notice? 21581
    I can't imagine living with information like that for so long but i'm sure being a Spiritualist would have helped him greatly, also twenty years is a very long time away , until it has passed, thanks for sharing Joanie Advance Notice? 21581

Rainbow
    Rainbow

Female
    Number of posts : 1292
    Job/hobbies : Job; playing with my dogs. Hobbies; playing with my dogs lol
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  Rainbow Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:57 pm

Interesting question Violet, maybe as the time nears, you realise and accept it?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:12 am

I keep wondering Rainbow where the information comes from in the first place Advance Notice? 229495 and why it seems to be so readily accepted, unless it's with us when we arrive here like some people 'know' they will be famous, or a singer, or this or that, people talk from being a very early age sometimes about their future and i've known of cases where it has come to pass, somehow they just 'know'

Summerland

Female
    Number of posts : 11
    Job/hobbies : psych, crocheting, reading, artwork
    Registration date : 2011-02-07

Post  Summerland Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:45 am

Violet wrote:Hi Joanie, sorry for your loss Advance Notice? 21581
    I can't imagine living with information like that for so long but i'm sure being a Spiritualist would have helped him greatly, also twenty years is a very long time away , until it has passed, thanks for sharing Joanie Advance Notice? 21581
    I add my condolences also. But it is for those of us who remain on earth. My dad knew and he didn't seem upset about it. He was very spiritual in his Bible Belt way, but had an immense interest in all different faiths. Never did he try to convert anyone or make them out to be a fool for their belief system. He gave them the utmost respect.
    And he has been around since then . I have heard his voice, felt his touch and my son is very much like him. I regret that my children were too young (or not born) to remember him well. But I know that he is just a hairsbreath away if I need to talk to him.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:39 am

Violet wrote:Hi Joanie, sorry for your loss Advance Notice? 21581

He was very calm about it all the those years,always said he was never afraid of death.
    He was afraid of pain but never death.
    Advance Notice? 28115
    Joanie
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female
    Number of posts : 989
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  sparkly Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:55 am

Advance Notice? 348985 when i was 12 i had a casual visit (daydream you might say) to my classroom from (whom i now believe to be) archangel michael. the intimation was that i was shortly to finish up and did i want to. my answer is that i could do much more. i distinctly remember that thought. i think it was from then, that i began to think of this as my "pivotal life"- strange words for a 12 yo. i remeber then that i saw myself sitting in a garden one afternoon and passing away at age 84.
    i always used to cry for the loss of my father if i got emotional, perhaps around this time. when i was 18, my father was dying, he was told my brother was to be flown in a few weeks (on a mercy flight from his work) from karratha, he answered "what a disappointment" implying that he would not see him. he didn't. he did tell one sister that he was going to see his mother and would just lay down his tired body. we did have one afternoon together a few days before he passed and he was adamant we were to share the special tea i'd bought him with the sisters, at one point he said we couldnt' wait for them and would have to have it now. he was right about that.
    when my sister got cancer we all knew about it and in my head the song from racy played, "you're gonna lose that girl."
    so i knew. she got better. then one day in september a year later some odd things happened and she went into hospital. that night or the next night she told another sister she was dying but not to worry because she had her yoga (sahaja) she went into a coma and died 4 days later.
    though my mother made plans right up until she went into hospital at the end of july 2010, she had expected to go in the last year or so, but apparetly she did on the one hand especially in the last couple of weeks.
    yes, i think people know.when some interesting things happened to me some years back i asked "why is this happening to me, am i missing something that i'm being given this, am i dying?" i was told no, i would have been told, evrybody has a right to know when they die. except in instant accidents, i was told. Advance Notice? 15910
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:18 pm

Funny you should say that,Sparkly.
    I was feeling very low last evening,and my age,sometimes loneliness can be very depressing.
    I have loads of friends but sometimes at times like this,we don't hear from them.
    Advance Notice? 45824
    I thought to myself 'I wish it was my time to go'.
    I heard a small voice say to me 'No,you don't,it's not your time yet'.
    So spirit do hear,don't they?
    Advance Notice? 415540
    Joanie x
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:41 pm

sparkly wrote:Advance Notice? 348985 when i was 12 i had a casual visit (daydream you might say) to my classroom from (whom i now believe to be) archangel michael. the intimation was that i was shortly to finish up and did i want to. my answer is that i could do much more. i distinctly remember that thought. i think it was from then, that i began to think of this as my "pivotal life"- strange words for a 12 yo. i remeber then that i saw myself sitting in a garden one afternoon and passing away at age 84.
    i always used to cry for the loss of my father if i got emotional, perhaps around this time. when i was 18, my father was dying, he was told my brother was to be flown in a few weeks (on a mercy flight from his work) from karratha, he answered "what a disappointment" implying that he would not see him. he didn't. he did tell one sister that he was going to see his mother and would just lay down his tired body. we did have one afternoon together a few days before he passed and he was adamant we were to share the special tea i'd bought him with the sisters, at one point he said we couldnt' wait for them and would have to have it now. he was right about that.
    when my sister got cancer we all knew about it and in my head the song from racy played, "you're gonna lose that girl."
    so i knew. she got better. then one day in september a year later some odd things happened and she went into hospital. that night or the next night she told another sister she was dying but not to worry because she had her yoga (sahaja) she went into a coma and died 4 days later.
    though my mother made plans right up until she went into hospital at the end of july 2010, she had expected to go in the last year or so, but apparetly she did on the one hand especially in the last couple of weeks.
    yes, i think people know.when some interesting things happened to me some years back i asked "why is this happening to me, am i missing something that i'm being given this, am i dying?" i was told no, i would have been told, evrybody has a right to know when they die. except in instant accidents, i was told. Advance Notice? 15910

Hi Sparkly, so many losses i'm sorry Advance Notice? 21581

i remeber then that i saw myself sitting in a garden one afternoon and passing away at age 84

I wonder if the info is often given in this way.

i asked "why is this happening to me, am i missing something that i'm being given this, am i dying?" i was told no, i would have been told, evrybody has a right to know when they die. except in instant accidents, i was told.
    I found this exceptionally interesting, thanks for sharing Sparkly Advance Notice? 21581

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:43 pm

So spirit do hear,don't they?

Oh yes Joanie they certainly can, any of us can talk to spirit at any time we choose to, they'll hear Advance Notice? 21581

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:08 am