Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Incense?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Incense? Empty Incense?

Post  Violet Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:02 am

Do you burn incense or oils when meditating, do you have a particular favourite? Does it help?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    L'angel
    L'angel

Female
    Number of posts : 276
    Registration date : 2010-02-06

Incense? Empty Re: Incense?

Post  L'angel Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:04 am

I do like to burn frankincense, I am not certain that it helps...but the smell is familiar and soothing to me. Incense? 609912
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:19 am

Have you tried frankincense and myhrr it's smells really nice, frakincense seems to be a popular choice I know a few people who use that.

Deepwaters
    Deepwaters

Female
    Number of posts : 277
    Registration date : 2010-01-28

Post  Deepwaters Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:27 am

Sandalwood is my favourite.
    L'angel
    L'angel

Female
    Number of posts : 276
    Registration date : 2010-02-06

Post  L'angel Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:28 pm

Yes, Violet...I do like f&m, but it is very strong...usually can use this in spring or fall when windows or house is opened up. It does smell very good.
    I also like sandalwood, I just never think about purchasing it....(set in my ways! LOL)
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:25 pm

The parma violet one is gorgeous Incense? 984769

radiclol
    radiclol

Number of posts : 349
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  radiclol Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:31 pm

i've switched to oils because i'm paranoid about smoke and my health since someone mentioned it. are they more subtle than incense? i don't really notice the smell unless i leave and reenter the room.. i don't know if it's because it's blended with grapeseed oil and isn't pure essential oils.. it's a blend of three for 'comfort'
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:38 pm

I use a few drops of oil in water in an oil burner, frankly I find it can be more over powering than incense sometimes, as can the crystals for burning, if you are using essential oils, rather than the fragrance oils this will be why the smell is much more subtle.

radiclol
    radiclol

Post  radiclol Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:47 pm

oh no they're not the fragrance oils, they're a mixture of three aromatherapy ones mixed i bought a 'refreshing' blend, comforting and inspiring, i have to use quite a few to smell it i think it's because they're mixed with a carrier oil. damnit.. 3 pounds each
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:56 pm

3 pounds each
    Incense? 558648
    The ones I use are about three bottles for a pound, you do have to use them very sparingly though otherwise it chokes you and you can taste it. Incense? 828683

THey won't be anywhere near the quality of yours though.

radiclol
    radiclol

Post  radiclol Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:08 pm

i feel completely ripped off.. the quality of mine?! it takes around 6 drops to smell it! grr. i bought them online and the photo was of three bottles yet you receive 1, i've seen that a lot online.. grr!
    radiclol
    radiclol

Post  radiclol Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:09 pm

radiclol wrote:i feel completely ripped off.. the quality of mine?! it takes around 6 drops to smell it! grr. i bought them online and the photo was of three bottles yet you receive 1, i've seen that a lot online.. grr!

ps. could you do me a favour and check if yours are mixed with an oil? usually it says 5% or mentions an oil..
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:17 pm

Mine are so cheap because they aren't essential oils, I think they call some of them 'refresher oils', they used to be used a lot for re-stinkyfying Incense? 809779 (refreshing) pot pourri. Or they call them 'fragrance oils.'

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:21 pm

Radiclol i've found some here: http://www.scentedhome.co.uk/fragranceoils.html
    it shows the fragrance ones and the essential ones, I have some of the ancient wisdom ones shown here, (which I had given) but you can buy them cheaper but not necessarily those particular brands, it will give you an idea of what's available.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:41 pm