Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
shayn
Squatchit
Violet
Kaere
Lightseeker
9 posters

Do any of you bother with Reversals ?

Lightseeker
    Lightseeker

Male
    Number of posts : 258
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Do any of you bother with Reversals ? Empty Do any of you bother with Reversals ?

Post  Lightseeker Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:34 pm

78 meanings was bad enough for me to try and remember back in the early days.
    Do you think it important to take into consideration during a reading , reversed cards. Are we to take reversals as the opposite of the upright card or a weakening of the influence of the upright card ?
    Best Wishes Lightseeker
    Kaere

Female
    Number of posts : 2719
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

Do any of you bother with Reversals ? Empty Re: Do any of you bother with Reversals ?

Post  Kaere Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:10 pm

I don't read reversals myself - I find that the other cards will advise about what meaning should be taken.

With that said, I don't think a reversal is a complete 180 to the upright meaning. More of the weakening idea I guess, or just a "twist". For example, a Page can show someone unsure about something new but still going ahead (energetic youth) while reversed it can show someone unsure and frozen into not moving because of it. Does that make sense?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Do any of you bother with Reversals ? Empty Re: Do any of you bother with Reversals ?

Post  Violet Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:29 am

Nope I think there is enough negativity in life without going looking for it.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Squatchit
    Squatchit

Female
    Number of posts : 95
    Job/hobbies : Wasting time
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Squatchit Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:22 am

Lightseeker wrote:Are we to take reversals as the opposite of the upright card or a weakening of the influence of the upright card ?

This is what stumped me when I first started out. I got a book and searched the Interweb for meanings and came across conflicting information. Were reversals the opposite or just weak?

In the end I joined a free online course where reversals were weak. As is my wont, I got fed up of doing the course and put my deck away.

Then I remembered something a little bird had shared over at the other place about reading the cards themselves...without looking at books/what other folks think. I got to musing about this and wondered if I could do that. Having a good imagination, I thought I could. So I joined the Tarot School over there and that's how I'm reading the cards - by purely reading the pictures on them.

It's great. I love it. No idea whether it's any good to anyone...but I'm enjoying meself. Do any of you bother with Reversals ? 809779

So thanks to that 'little bird', I'm now full steam ahead.

Love Squatch

PS The 'little bird' was a rather lovely soul known as Neville over at the other place. Do any of you bother with Reversals ? 101500
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:44 pm

i do, i don't see them as pure negative, or bad cards.  but i must admit that my line of reading reminds alot  squatchit's reading, i don't remember the "book" meaning any more, i just read or better say listen to the pictures and the cards and what they are telling me.still i don't think it is a must bother with Reversals. you should find out what better works for you.

S
    Lightseeker
    Lightseeker

Male
    Number of posts : 258
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Post  Lightseeker Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:15 pm

Yes indeed Squatchit,
    In fact almost 30 years of cartomancy has established me in my ways, Or their ways. Do any of you bother with Reversals ? 28115
    I was simply curious as to whether any of the tarot readers lent any credence to reversals.
    Love Neville
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:32 am

I must admit i'm quite surprised at how few use them reversed.

wyldeflower
    wyldeflower

Female
    Number of posts : 117
    Job/hobbies : photography,gardening,herbs
    Registration date : 2009-09-22

Post  wyldeflower Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:00 pm

I do read reversed if one accidently falls in reverse but i also look at the other cards around it for the answers.
    Emma
    Emma

Female
    Number of posts : 83
    Job/hobbies : Student
    Registration date : 2010-06-14

Post  Emma Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:05 pm

I never used to but I started to learn how to read reverse cards but about 80% I won't though lol
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:49 pm

Do you find it complicates the reading Emma, or throws too much negativity in?

Emma
    Emma

Female
    Number of posts : 83
    Job/hobbies : Student
    Registration date : 2010-06-14

Post  Emma Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:08 pm

Violet wrote:Do you find it complicates the reading Emma, or throws too much negativity in?

Not really no, I do this because I like to find out my blocks and over come them, I only use tarot if I want a reading that's really in depth but usually I'll stick with angel cards.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:15 pm

Hi Emma, that's a really positive way to use reversals Do any of you bother with Reversals ? 821538

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    radiclol
    radiclol

Number of posts : 349
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  radiclol Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:21 pm

i was thinking about this the other day, i'm always completely confident with the meanings of the cards so i may aswell work towards using reversals in the future since negativity does exist and it's worth it if it's more specific. does anyone else use reversals?
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:22 pm

hi rad, i allready wrote that i use reversals, and i also wrote that i don't see them as pure negative, i really don't think they are. there are many ways to read reversals, so keep an open mind about them and what message they bring.
    Greer offers different ways to understand reversals, so you can look for her explainations for what to do with them.
    but as i wrote on top, be open and listen to the cards and what they tell you, don't mark them as bad things.

s
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:50 pm

I think if one came out reversed by chance I would read it

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 11:40 am