Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

The Four Elements

Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

The Four Elements Empty The Four Elements

Post  Lynn Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:31 am

Using the Four Elements in Balance

AIR
    Take a deep breath into your heart, and let it out. As ye breath in, take a moment to think on the mystery of the Air around us. We live in a World of many an animal and we all need in that Air to live. We to also live in a World of plants that take in the carbon dioxide we exhale. They too take in like us the energy of the Sun. The plants give off oxygen so we can eat them. Breathing in and out in the life cycle that is our very breath.

FIRE
    Take the time to watch the flame of a candle. See how it is fed by wick that gives it life. See how the wax melts away and turns from solid to liquid and to solid again. See how the combinations of gas, liquid and solid combine as one. See the pure energy in the fire. The ash from it that feeds our very soil. Too the Sun be a ball of fire that gives the Earth the life we have. Embrace the power in the flame but too respect that power.

WATER
    Water is that of the moods and emotions. Water can be but a single drop of rain that falls or a massive wave that destroys. It can nourish and it can destroy. We do our best to contain it and use it but we are not its master. Take the time to see in one’s mind the moods that be water. The rain on a window, the waves of the ocean, the stillness of a creek, or the rage of a river and of a giant wave. Let it flow fast and slow and slow and fast, see how that feels. Many times one will find memories that stir the feelings. Take in the understandings found in those feelings.

EARTH
    Take a walk in the forest. See the trees before one. Feel their trunks as ye and feel the roots at one’s feet. Feel the branches that reach to the Light. Smell the nature around one see the new life all around ye. Let ye become the tree feel the power being grounded to the Earth. Feel the soil around ye and the wind in ye. Feel the warmth of the Sun. Feel the power that be Mother Earth. Play in this place and grow in this place.
    Feel the security of all that is around one in nature. Take in with all the senses the feel of nature. See the animals around one.

Last edited by Lynn on Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spacing)
    Cassie
    Cassie

Female
    Number of posts : 82
    Registration date : 2010-01-30

The Four Elements Empty Re: The Four Elements

Post  Cassie Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:12 pm

The four elements are very fasinating. You never really think much of them, well i dont. When you do think of them you see all the goods and bads about them. They all can do us good but they can also do us bad. I often wonder what would happen if fire and water did get mixed though. Would it work out well or not? After all, fire and water are supposed to me impossible to co-exist together The Four Elements 28115
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:00 am

I must have missed this, thanks Lynn, do you think this would be better suited to our meditation section? If so I can move it, it seemss a little lost in here The Four Elements 821538

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:33 am

Hello

Sure move it along to there that be fine with me.

Lynn
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:36 am

Thanks Lynn The Four Elements 821538

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content