Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
kazandlee
Violet
6 posters

Daydreaming

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Daydreaming Empty Daydreaming

Post  Violet Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:46 pm

What are your thoughts on day dreaming? Personally I feel if you can daydream you can meditate as I think the two are very similar, but what are your thoughts?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    kazandlee
    kazandlee

Male
    Number of posts : 150
    Job/hobbies : Paranormal, Manager
    Registration date : 2009-10-24

Daydreaming Empty Daydreaming

Post  kazandlee Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:48 pm

Thats interesting Violet, for me, daydreaming is all about opening my mind to the otherside and meditation too, i have had some of my clearest visions whilst in a daydream state, also, i feel daydreaming is good for the soul.
    Lee. Daydreaming 577431
    Kaere

Female
    Number of posts : 2719
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

Daydreaming Empty Re: Daydreaming

Post  Kaere Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:36 pm

I think daydreaming can be a great way to open the mind and thoughts. People tend to not be so hung up on the niceties of meditation (less expectations of what it should be) and you can still get your stuff done lol.

I would think the drawbacks would be when we focus on making our daydreams into little fantasy stories, instead of just letting them happen on their own.
    Cassie
    Cassie

Female
    Number of posts : 82
    Registration date : 2010-01-30

Post  Cassie Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:50 pm

I have always been a big day dreamer. So i would say that the two are alike except that for me i get pulled into day dreams but for meditation i do it by choice. Day dreams to me are like a get away from this world or to be in a place where you can be free to be anyone or do anything and meditations are a way to calm yourself and be in center. I can see a difference but some may not.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:25 pm

Hi Daydreaming 821538 I agree with what you all said, Cassie there is a difference, Lee i've had some of my clearest visions then too, Kaere you're right there are no expectations when you drift off in a daydream therefore there is no 'pressure to perform.'

I think sometimes people get themselves so knotted up about meditation and 'doing it right' it is that which blocks them.

kazandlee
    kazandlee

Male
    Number of posts : 150
    Job/hobbies : Paranormal, Manager
    Registration date : 2009-10-24

Daydreaming Empty daydreaming

Post  kazandlee Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:53 pm

Your right Violet, i dont believe there is a correct way to do it, just go with whatever comes, too many rules for this and that, life has no rules, just go with the flow.

Lee. Daydreaming 577431
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:19 am

Hi Lee, yes it's better if you are relaxed and comfortable Daydreaming 21581

Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:37 pm

Hello

HMMMM good quesiton. Me Daughter had on her report card that she be in Daydream at times but when asked on what is going on she knows full well but so seems not to be present. I told the school and they are understading so I be blessed that she might well be in Astral Space where part of her is there in consiousness but part of her is not there she is mabye with someone in Spirit or is simply on a journey.

I think maybe more so that might well be what Daydreams are we are using that other level of consciousness to leave the body and go someplace. We are just not maybe aware of that. If the Daydreams do not effect what one is doing that is. Daydreams are not always the best of things....if the mind wonders off and one is driving for instance.

If one can Daydream can one meditate. I know from the sleep lab study I was in the part of the brain used in night dreams is not the part used in Astral or in mind wonderings. In the place where the mind wonders one fires in the consciousn thinking part of the brain. One is in thought. The mind is active and not at rest.
    In meditation one seeks to put the thinking part of the mind to rest. We go into almost a semi sleep mode. That place of relaxation that is why many fall a sleep duriing meditations. One is calemd.

Lynn
    PPrncpl7

Male
    Number of posts : 418
    Job/hobbies : Retired teacher of Mathematics
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Daydreaming Empty daydreaming

Post  PPrncpl7 Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:56 pm

LYN! fascinating post--has set me thinking!
    Thank You!
    Peter
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:15 am

Me Daughter had on her report card that she be in Daydream at times but when asked on what is going on she knows full well but so seems not to be present.

Daydreaming 160943 I had this on practically every report as a child, I used to get in trouble for it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:32 pm