Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Coming back?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Coming back? Empty Coming back?

Post  Violet Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:37 am

How easy or difficult do you find it to bring yourself out of a meditation, and what happens if the phone rings or you get disturbed in some other way during the med? Again i'm just interested (nosy Coming back? 809779 )

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Coming back? Empty Re: Coming back?

Post  skye Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:41 am

Obviously the best time to aim for a meditation is when you know you won't be disturbed but life can and does get in the way. When I first started learning to do meditation I remember being told something that went like this:
    Tell yourself before starting the meditation you will come back safely to the room you're in should the telephone ring or the doorbell rings, or you hear any outside noise.
    I know these are the same exact words but it was similar and I found it helpful. Eventually though after a while I think you come to a stage where any and all outside influences will not affect your meditation sessions and you just sit yourself down and begin.
    As for coming back from a meditative state, i've always come back easily. It's like when i've watched a film finish, the first thing I say is "ok who would like a cuppa" it's so natural like. Well to me anyhow.
    mia
    mia

Female
    Number of posts : 1741
    Job/hobbies : Carer Support Worker
    Registration date : 2009-07-27

Post  mia Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:28 pm

I never want to come back. I have to force myself.
    I always unplug the phone and take the batteries out of the doorbell lol
    PPrncpl7

Male
    Number of posts : 418
    Job/hobbies : Retired teacher of Mathematics
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Coming back? Empty Coming back

Post  PPrncpl7 Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:51 pm

Coming back is part of the 'discipline'. I always start a meditation with a known length of time given to it--I generally kep to this time, even when I would prefer to stay longer.
    As for distractions like the phone--they get switched off.
    Peter

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 4:35 am