Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

would you believe

shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

would you believe Empty would you believe

Post  shayn Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:51 pm

would you believe a reader who will tell you everything about your future? she or he will give you every a very detailed information about your future from the moment you are now in life till the date of your death? would you believe in the info? the info is not about how to act or advices about things but actual facts, there is no profe as it is all going to happen in the future, would you believe in it?

s
    mia
    mia

Female
    Number of posts : 1741
    Job/hobbies : Carer Support Worker
    Registration date : 2009-07-27

would you believe Empty Re: would you believe

Post  mia Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:56 pm

A couple of years ago I would have.
    Now I have learnt different.
    Nothing is set in stone, a change of attitude, a decision that changes the course of ones life all can give a diferent outcome.
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:58 pm

mia wrote:A couple of years ago I would have.
    Now I have learnt different.
    Nothing is set in stone, a change of attitude, a decision that changes the course of ones life all can give a diferent outcome.

yes mia i agree with you, this is my opintion as well, but i was wondering...

s
    mia
    mia

Female
    Number of posts : 1741
    Job/hobbies : Carer Support Worker
    Registration date : 2009-07-27

Post  mia Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:04 pm

However, some do say that no matter what course our lives take, we still go where we are meant to go and do what we are meant to do.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:27 pm

shayn wrote:would you believe a reader who will tell you everything about your future? she or he will give you every a very detailed information about your future from the moment you are now in life till the date of your death? would you believe in the info? the info is not about how to act or advices about things but actual facts, there is no profe as it is all going to happen in the future, would you believe in it?

s

If anyone were to tell me things were set in stone, then there would be no free will.
    Viking
    Viking

Female
    Number of posts : 234
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Viking Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:39 pm

The trouble is we don't know when we are acting on free will and when we're not. There's no way I can see how we'd know the difference.
    I wouldn't believe anyone who seemed able to map out my whole life for me.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:09 pm

I had a reading once and the guy was telling me this and that and I sat there thinking 'Eh? No way that won't happen it's far too unbelievable, this won't happen he's talking out of his hat.' You can imagine how surprised I was that gradually over a period of years everything he said came true (I kept a record of the reading and was able to get that out and tick everything off,) it wasn't even anything particularly odd it's just at the time of the reading I couldn't see how ANY of it would happen, it just goes to show you never know what the future holds.
    So if you ever get a reading of this nature for the future never say never, don't dismiss it as nonsense give it a chance and see how it goes.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Viking
    Viking

Female

Post  Viking Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:36 pm

Sorry, Violet, but I'd rather not know. Anyway there are so many fakes out there that I just wouldn't bother. would you believe 28115
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:44 pm

Viking wrote:The trouble is we don't know when we are acting on free will and when we're not. There's no way I can see how we'd know the difference.
    I wouldn't believe anyone who seemed able to map out my whole life for me.

We are always acting on freewill... it's just at times we are nudged a certain way, but it's always a choice we make.
    Viking
    Viking

Female

Post  Viking Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:21 pm

Sorry but just because you THINK it's free will doesn't make it so.
    "nudged in a certain direction"--by what/whom?
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:23 pm

Viking wrote:Sorry but just because you THINK it's free will doesn't make it so.
    "nudged in a certain direction"--by what/whom?

ourselves, others.... we always have freewill.. we could sit in a room and never go out. never ate. we could end our lives if we chose to. whatever we wanted to do we have the freewill to do so. that's the beauty of it.
    Viking
    Viking

Female

Post  Viking Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:42 pm

OK so I'm assuming you don't believe in reincarnation then because that belief system says that we choose our life's pattern before we are reborn. That, in turn, denies us freewill while we are on earth, doesn't it?
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:46 pm

Viking wrote:OK so I'm assuming you don't believe in reincarnation then because that belief system says that we choose our life's pattern before we are reborn. That, in turn, denies us freewill while we are on earth, doesn't it?
    No, it confirms it.. We had the freewill to chose our life pattern. We also have the freewill to live out our life pattern. If we did not have freewill there would also not be a rebirth cycle as we would all be above it as we would have no choice otherwise. You also see the freewill in the earth when you have people that do nice acts, and people that do bad acts.
    Viking
    Viking

Female

Post  Viking Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:08 pm

I see what you mean but my point is when you choose to do eg a good thing, you cannot be sure it is freewill. It could be coming from another source ie Destiny. I cannot equate fate with freewill. Surely your conviction that you are using only freewill is a belief, not a certainty.Anyway--I don't want to get into a heavy discussion here so each to his own. would you believe 28115
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:18 am

Viking wrote:Sorry, Violet, but I'd rather not know. Anyway there are so many fakes out there that I just wouldn't bother. would you believe 28115

Yeah I know what you mean, this was actually supposed to be a mediumship reading when he started saying all of that would you believe 809779 it all came true though.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:41 am

innerlight wrote:
    shayn wrote:would you believe a reader who will tell you everything about your future? she or he will give you every a very detailed information about your future from the moment you are now in life till the date of your death? would you believe in the info? the info is not about how to act or advices about things but actual facts, there is no profe as it is all going to happen in the future, would you believe in it?

s

If anyone were to tell me things were set in stone, then there would be no free will.

i agree innerlight, but would you believe them? would you think at least twice about what they were telling you, or you will push it away and say, i believe in free will and forget all about it?
    s
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:56 pm

shayn wrote:

i agree innerlight, but would you believe them? would you think at least twice about what they were telling you, or you will push it away and say, i believe in free will and forget all about it?
    s[/quote]

I'd probably do what Violet says and save it for a rainy day and look back at it. I'd probably roll my eyes at it, and possibly scoff depending on what they said would happen.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:23 pm