Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Lighting?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Lighting? Empty Lighting?

Post  Violet Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:26 am

Do you meditate in darkness, can you meditate in bright sunsine? What works for you? I like semi darkness, light enough to see comfortably, but no bright lights ever.

Do you think lighting affects meditation, have you tried different lighting effects?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Kaere

Female
    Number of posts : 2719
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

Lighting? Empty Re: Lighting?

Post  Kaere Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:29 am

I like to meditate in darkness, lights off completely. It doesn't work well if there's sunshine coming in either - I find myself trying to squint.

Then again, that could just be me - I am very sensitive to bright light. I don't like it at all.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:33 am

Hi Kaere i'm just the same with bright light it makes me cringe

acquario2012
    acquario2012
    Just joined

Female
    Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2012-04-06

Post  acquario2012 Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:31 pm

I love meditating under the sun, outdoor.. it's so amazing! Lighting? 821538
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:31 pm

Hi Acquario2012, it obviously works for you Lighting? 28115 but doesn't it get uncomfortable, specially if it's really hot? I was thinking about the brightness of the sun too but a cap or sunglasses would help with that.

I think under moonlight and the stars would be nice.

skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:19 pm

Violet wrote:Do you meditate in darkness, can you meditate in bright sunsine? What works for you? I like semi darkness, light enough to see comfortably, but no bright lights ever.

Do you think lighting affects meditation, have you tried different lighting effects?

It depends on what time of day I meditate, although I admit to having procrastinated a lot lately from this activity.

The lighting if too bright will distract me from paying attention. So during the day, I sit with my back to the window so the sun doesn't affect my eyes. If it's too bright though I will shut the curtains.

When it's dark, I tend to use a dimmer switch so the light is low. I feel meditating in total darkness isn't as beneficial for me, as when there's a low light.
    skye

Female

Post  skye Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:21 pm

Violet wrote:

I think under moonlight and the stars would be nice.

:giggles: Is this your romantic side coming out Violet?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:04 pm

Lighting? 160943 probablyLighting? 809779 i've always wanyted a bedroom with a glass ceiling at the top of the house so I can sleep under the stars, I love night time and darkness.Lighting? 984769

skye

Female

Post  skye Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:44 pm

Since I've been fortunate to move to the middle of nowhere I can look out of my bedroom window and gaze at the stars. Initially, when I relocated here, I was amazed or rather shocked at how few stars are on view in the towns and cities. It made me think back to the times of the old souper days, if that's what they were called.

I feel ever so privileged now to enjoy this experience. Something so natural yet beautiful at the same time. I suppose that's the beauty of nature, and the inspiration it brings. K\'s stars

eyeopen
    eyeopen

Number of posts : 1380
    Registration date : 2012-04-03

Post  eyeopen Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:12 am

Under the sun is nice, I get the sun in the mornign now ot my room and do a bit of sun worhipping then! I think theres a different time for different meditation.

I get alot of jaw movements, wich i should do a thread about, lol. But as for this I dont do total dark, porch light is on and if its totally dark I get my movements even when I dont want to meditate and I open my eyes, it carries on! So for me bit of light but not enough to notice with eyes shut. Althought being honest I loved the purple beautiful lights when I use to open my eyes, dont get that much now.

Also when I use to meditate before night or day, during the day the blinds use to come down and I wouldnt even notice the daylight at all, pitch black. Then as I lost focus it came on again just light that! lol I think im better meditating on chakra with lights but eye with lights off.

Lighting? 15910
    acquario2012
    acquario2012
    Just joined

Female
    Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2012-04-06

Post  acquario2012 Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:38 am

Violet wrote:Hi Acquario2012, it obviously works for you Lighting? 28115 but doesn't it get uncomfortable, specially if it's really hot? I was thinking about the brightness of the sun too but a cap or sunglasses would help with that.

Well, of course if it's too warm then is not really relaxing experience at all... in that case, I'd rather meditate in the early morning, when sunshine is not at its highest.
    I think meditation in the nature is the best. But of course, any other place, with lights or without, is ok Lighting? 21581
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:23 am

Skye where you live sounds perfectLighting? 984769 and you are right about the skies in towns and cities are dreadful at night, in the countyside they really are the 'heavens' it's absolutely beautiful,, if it weren't for creepy crawlies i'd happily sleep out in the open in a field somewhere under the stars.

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:27 am

I think meditation in the nature is the best.

I'm ashamed to admit i've never tried it, when I do get out in nature i'm too busy looking for butterflies and wildlifeLighting? 160943 I will have to make an effort and go and do it as soon as it's warm enough.Lighting? 821538

skye

Female

Post  skye Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:32 pm

Violet wrote: if it weren't for creepy crawlies i'd happily sleep out in the open in a field somewhere under the stars.

Violet dealing with the crawlies indoors is more than enough for me to cope with.
    eyeopen
    eyeopen

Number of posts : 1380
    Registration date : 2012-04-03

Post  eyeopen Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:22 pm

Lighting? 15910
    Violet wrote: if it weren't for creepy crawlies i'd happily sleep out in the open in a field somewhere under the stars.

Lighting? 15910

I live in one, lol. Please dont ask, if you dont get it you dont get it, if you do, you know one more thing about me!Lighting? 15910

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:58 pm