Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
norseman
innerlight
Violet
angelhealer
8 posters

The down side to bottled water?

angelhealer
    angelhealer

Female
    Number of posts : 70
    Job/hobbies : spiritual healer and teacher
    Registration date : 2010-04-10

The down side to bottled water? Empty The down side to bottled water?

Post  angelhealer Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:50 pm

They say don't ignore impressions so here is one I got the other day.
    Is it ever possible to think that bottled water is just another way of using up our resources? like a hidden way or something because look at the amount of plastic that is used too. Wouldn't it be great if these water companies would recycle their own bottles so they can reuse them.
    I am totally open to thoughts here as it randomly came out of the blue.

angelhealer
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

The down side to bottled water? Empty Re: The down side to bottled water?

Post  Violet Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:06 am

Hmmm....... i'm always suspicious/paranoid about bottled water is it really what they say it is or just tap water?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:10 am

Is using bottled water using up our resources. Not any more than it would be if we drank the water normally. The water is the same, granted one is more purified than the other, but they are both water. Most plastic is recycled these days so we save on that as well. If water was consumed, and then the bottle stock piled in some field somewhere. Then yes, we would be using up our resources. As well as wasting space.
    Plastic bottles are not just used for water, soda and iced tea comes that way as well. So the bottles do get many uses. Yes, if you used your own bottle and kept using it. We would save money on the plastic that is manufactured and recycled. As well as the gas needed to drive the recycling trucks to pick up the plastic, and the energy needed to use and reuse such a thing.
    norseman
    norseman

Male
    Number of posts : 318
    Job/hobbies : Striding the hedge
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Post  norseman Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:25 pm

Facing some unpleasant facts, tap water is recycled sewage and heavily chlorinated. There is another issue in that there is a build-up of female hormones too from contraceptive pills. Best to go with bottled watewr I think.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:12 pm

norseman wrote:Facing some unpleasant facts, tap water is recycled sewage and heavily chlorinated. There is another issue in that there is a build-up of female hormones too from contraceptive pills. Best to go with bottled watewr I think.

Before we moved into our present house we bought bottled water on a daily/weekly basis. The water that came through the taps was filthy, a mucky brown yellow kinda colour, the kind you get when there's been a burst and water has been turned off for a while. No amount of boiling it before cooking gave me confidence that it was safe to use either for drinking, cooking or even having a shower.
    Tap water has certainly changed from my childhood days where it used to be refreshing and a pleasure to drink. Nowadays, I feel a need to hold my nose to prevent the awful smell that comes off it and the taste is yukky too. And they call this progress!!
    angelhealer
    angelhealer

Female
    Number of posts : 70
    Job/hobbies : spiritual healer and teacher
    Registration date : 2010-04-10

Post  angelhealer Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:54 pm

Thanks guys, I can't believe some of the stuff I hear, I mean hormones? in water.. is this global, UK, USA or what? I don't know but I love the drink water from the north west of England, it does seem quite pure.
    However, stating that we are over doing the planet resources like x2 at least. It's not really a good idea to use up what water we do have left.
    angelhealer
    norseman
    norseman

Male
    Number of posts : 318
    Job/hobbies : Striding the hedge
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Post  norseman Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:13 am

Morning Angelhealer. I live in the North-East - just other side of the Pennines - and we have massive water reserves from the rivers and reservoirs. It would make sense now to have a National Water Grid, similar to Electricity.
    On a different side, I spend most of my time wandering the Pennines and High Dales and I drink out of the rivers - fresh, sparkling water from limestone country !
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:19 pm

I don't drink water as it doesn't taste nice, not like it did when we were kids, the water you have sounds good Norseman.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate Sun May 25, 2014 5:45 pm

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/plastic-drink-bottles-safe-reuse-drinking-water-79290.html
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal Sun May 25, 2014 6:16 pm

I realise this is a very old topic but presumably you guys do actually realise there are different kinds of bottled water? Not all are the same quality at all.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:54 am