Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) ♥ Heartbreaking ♥

skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) ♥ Heartbreaking ♥  Empty FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) ♥ Heartbreaking ♥

Post  skye Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:34 pm

~ THIS VIDEO REPRESENTS MY DEEP RESPECT FOR LAKOTA PEOPLE AND ALL NATIVE INDIAN NATIONS OF AMERICA ~
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3HpvJn9FSc
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) ♥ Heartbreaking ♥  Empty Re: FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) ♥ Heartbreaking ♥

Post  Violet Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:52 pm

It won't play for me unless I upgrade something FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) ♥ Heartbreaking ♥  257922 i'll get someone to check it out for me tomorrow so I can see it, i'm a bit wary as I just had to have my comp wiped.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) ♥ Heartbreaking ♥  Empty Re: FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) ♥ Heartbreaking ♥

Post  mac Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:45 pm

It was way too theatrical and conveyed little - and I'm a supporter of tribespeople.
    skye

Female

Post  skye Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:49 pm

Hi mac,

I didn't quite understand the reason as to why the link originally contained the word 'heartbreaking' unless it was referring to the unjustified treatment experienced by the Lakota Indians as well as other native indians of the past.

I felt this video portrayed the present day feelings of the Lakota people. Their importance in remembering their ancestors to encourage forgiveness and allow compassion to be expressed to the whole of mankind in a form of brotherhood, perhaps moreso with those peoples/cultures whom acted in a disgraceful and ignorant manner to their fellowman.

I know people will have their own personal views but I think that's to be expected.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:55 pm

skye wrote:Hi mac,

I didn't quite understand the reason as to why the link originally contained the word 'heartbreaking' unless it was referring to the unjustified treatment experienced by the Lakota Indians as well as other native indians of the past.

I felt this video portrayed the present day feelings of the Lakota people. Their importance in remembering their ancestors to encourage forgiveness and allow compassion to be expressed to the whole of mankind in a form of brotherhood, perhaps moreso with those peoples/cultures whom acted in a disgraceful and ignorant manner to their fellowman.

I know people will have their own personal views but I think that's to be expected.

hello skye

The word 'heartbreaking' is appropriate for situations where any humans treat other humans with the contempt and hatred all too often seen.

The American tribespeople had a raw deal from the Europeans but our present generation wasn't responsible any more than the present one is responsible for the mistreatment of the Australian aboriginals - this can be extended to many other historical situations.

I wonder how realistic the message portrayed in the short movie really is....? I'm not convinced that complex emotions can be usefully condensed and portrayed in such a fashion.
    skye

Female

Post  skye Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:47 pm

mac wrote:
    skye wrote:Hi mac,

hello skye

The word 'heartbreaking' is appropriate for situations where any humans treat other humans with the contempt and hatred all too often seen.

The American tribespeople had a raw deal from the Europeans but our present generation wasn't responsible any more than the present one is responsible for the mistreatment of the Australian aboriginals - this can be extended to many other historical situations.

I wonder how realistic the message portrayed in the short movie really is....? I'm not convinced that complex emotions can be usefully condensed and portrayed in such a fashion.

Hello mac,
    I don't for one minute assume the Indian Nation consider themselves to be the only people who were mistreated in times gone by. Much as they would also understand the people of today are not to blame and know they need to move on.

I agree with your point that it may not be as simple as it appears in the short movie as it isn't easy to forgive anyone who either hurts us or any of our family deeply. Emotions must be strong, I can only imagine. They may well be aware of how holding onto any grievances is affecting their relationship with other people. If nothing else, I respect them for at least being willing to reach out and teach the younger generation that letting go of their sad history is not only important but essential in today's society.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:05 pm