Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Hypnotherapy

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Hypnotherapy Empty Hypnotherapy

Post  Violet Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:41 pm

Have any of you tried this, did it work?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    mia
    mia

Female
    Number of posts : 1741
    Job/hobbies : Carer Support Worker
    Registration date : 2009-07-27

Hypnotherapy Empty Re: Hypnotherapy

Post  mia Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:54 pm

Yes I have, it works to an extent at least for me it did.
    I think one really wants to do whatever one is having the treatment for though.

I went for it half heartedly to stop smoking, expecting it to be a 'miracle cure'
    It worked for a couple of months.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:02 am

Hi Mia, a couple of months is really good, I thought it was a miracle cure to be honest (though i've never tried it) as I thought they re programmed (to an extent) your brain, which, if i'm honest has always unsettled me a bit.

I came accross a weird meditation cd once which claimed to change your thoughts etc but I didn't like the thought of someone 'messing with my head' so I threw it away.

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:29 am

Hypnotherpay works no different than affirmations. You must replace the bad thoughts with positive thoughts. Either will only work if the individual truly wants them to work on some level. You can not be hypnotized into doing something you do not want to do.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:45 am

There used to be a programme in the uk where they did exactly this
    You can not be hypnotized into doing something you do not want to do.

they would hypnotize them then have them doing ridiculous things like barking like a dog or standing on one leg or making them believe they were certain stereotypes all to have a laugh at their expense, does anyone else remember it?

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:05 am

Violet wrote:There used to be a programme in the uk where they did exactly this

they would hypnotize them then have them doing ridiculous things like barking like a dog or standing on one leg or making them believe they were certain stereotypes all to have a laugh at their expense, does anyone else remember it?

There is a show here called Myth Busters where they go around and test Myths to see if they are true or not. They brought in Hypnotists to see if they could hypnotize someone to get angry, or slap a person. All times failed as the person did not do what they didn't want to do and were conscious of what they were being told on some level.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:44 pm

Violet wrote:Have any of you tried this, did it work?

I've never had hypnotherpy and for some reason it's something I have never looked into.

I'm unsure as if you are aware or not that some mediums today practice hypnotherpy or mesmerism to support their mediumship. I'm not sure how they do it and I personally wouldn't suggest to anyone to do so. I do remembering reading somewhere along the way that both hypnotherapy and mesmerism were introduced because they felt it would help influence or control those people in the spirit world. What ever happened to trusting in your guide or team of helpers?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:26 pm

There is a show here called Myth Busters where they go around and test Myths to see if they are true or not. They brought in Hypnotists to see if they could hypnotize someone to get angry, or slap a person. All times failed as the person did not do what they didn't want to do and were conscious of what they were being told on some level.

We get that programme here those guys are funny. Hypnotherapy 809779

THat would appear to clear that one up then Hypnotherapy 821538

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:30 pm

I do remembering reading somewhere along the way that both hypnotherapy and mesmerism were introduced because they felt it would help influence or control those people in the spirit world. What ever happened to trusting in your guide or team of helpers?
    [/quote]

That's appalling, but I doubt people can do such things to spirit, and I totally agree\with the trust thing.

I think it is more likely that some people are practising those things on their sitters so they can manipulate the reading as in fishing for info without them realising. But that's just my thoughts...

skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:12 pm

Violet wrote:
    I do remembering reading somewhere along the way that both hypnotherapy and mesmerism were introduced because they felt it would help influence or control those people in the spirit world. What ever happened to trusting in your guide or team of helpers?

That's appalling, but I doubt people can do such things to spirit, and I totally agree\with the trust thing.

I think it is more likely that some people are practising those things on their sitters so they can manipulate the reading as in fishing for info without them realising. But that's just my thoughts...[/quote]

I may be wrong here if I am it's due to a bad memory, but I think this was done in the early days of physical mediumship when it first became popular - along with the fraudsters and charlatans. Although I have heard recently that some mediums of today work this way. Whether they are training to be physical mediums or are physical mediums I couldn't say for it was hear say therefore hard to prove.

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:08 pm

Hi Skye, it wouldn't surprise me at all. Hypnotherapy 821538

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:55 pm

Violet wrote:
    We get that programme here those guys are funny. Hypnotherapy 809779

THat would appear to clear that one up then Hypnotherapy 821538

It's one of my favorite shows. They did also have some evidence to the validity of hypnotherapy. If I can recall the episode fully they also reenacted a scene, and then quizzed themselves on it. Those that are the control did worse then those that were hypnotized.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:26 am

It's ringing bells for me Innerlight, I have a feeling I saw it

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:56 pm