Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Smudging

Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Smudging  Empty Smudging

Post  Lynn Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:05 pm

Smudging

A Smudge Stick is a collection of dried herbs wrapped together with string, natural fibers like Hemp are best. Smudge Sticks are most often made from Sage and combined with more fragrant herbs such as
    Lavender or Sandalwood. It is essential that one has Sage as this is the herb that wards off the unwanted and negative energies. The second herb one chooses is used to denote the purpose of the stick. Most Smudge Sticks are used for cleansings or room clearings. Lavender is calming and healing in nature so is good for relaxations and balance. Where as Sandwood is good for opening the psychic gateways to the after life. The use of Sandalwood can be traced back to Ancient Egypt and the mummies, to aid in the journey to he Afterlife.

To Smudge one needs of course the Smudge Stick, but too one needs a book of mates (more commonly wood one’s are said to be best). A bowl to place the Smudge Stick into after performing the blessing. Place the items out. This can be on the floor or table or even on an Alter one has made.

To perform a Blessing or Smudging :

Sit quietly in the center of one’s room and close ye’s eyes. Take a few moments to say a brief Blessing or Prayer of protection and to call upon ye’s guide(s) for assistance.
    Open one’s eyes and light the Smudge Stick at one end.
    Let the herbs burn for about 15 to 20 seconds. Gently and slowly blow
    out the flames and allow the herbs to smolder. (BEING well away there are EMBERS) .

Stand and face North, raise the smudge toward the ceiling and say: 'Bless the element of air. The power of the mind'.

Turn to ye to face the East, raise the smudge and say: 'Bless the element of fire. The power of spirit'

Turn to ye to face the South, raise the smudge and say: 'Bless the element of water. The power of emotion'.

Turn to ye to face West, raise the smudge and say: 'Bless the element of earth. The power of the physical.'

Turn to ye to face North once more, lower the smudge toward the ground and say: 'Bless the Mother Earth'.

Raise the smudge over your head and say: 'Bless the Father Sun'.

Lower the smudge to chest level. Fan the smoke toward ye’s body with ye’s hand and say: 'Bless this house, myself and my purpose.

Please remove any negative energies out into the universe where they can be dissipated and can no longer do harm to anyone.

Send to me the most positive White Light and Power to fulfill my plan for this day. ( The plan for the Day is an Affirmation one has made)

In return I give me thanks and gratitude, me LOVe and positive Light for the universal good of all. Amen.' or Namaste (can be said or a word of one’s choosing)

Place the smudge stick in the small bowl and let it continue to smoke.

Do not use water to put out the remaining coals as this will ruin your smudge stick. DO make sure it is well out and safely placed.

This is where one can enter to a state of meditation.

Many find that having music play softly in the back ground is nice or silence is best for others.

Lynn

Last edited by Lynn on Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spacing form Paste)
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Smudging  Empty Re: Smudging

Post  Violet Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Lynn thank you again, you've posted some amazing and very useful things in the forum, thanks for sharing. Smudging  21581

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    WitchyMama

Female
    Number of posts : 23
    Job/hobbies : Wife and Mother, I enjoy writing, reading, music, and dance.
    Registration date : 2010-08-12

Post  WitchyMama Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:25 am

When I smudge, I use just one herb at at time (usually sage) and do not incorporate any type of ritual. I just use visualization, color and form depends on my mood, and my intent to clear the area of nasty vibes and negativity. I take a few deep centering breaths, and go about my business. I open a window as well, it can get really smoky and I have mild asthma. Of course fresh air aids in the cleansing-out with the heaviness of negativity, in with the light and fresh, clean air. I think the most important aspect of smudging is feeling the change in the air before and after-it should be very perceptible.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:09 am

Yes I smudge too and the difference afterwards is very noticeable.

WitchyMama

Female
    Number of posts : 23
    Job/hobbies : Wife and Mother, I enjoy writing, reading, music, and dance.
    Registration date : 2010-08-12

Post  WitchyMama Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:55 pm

You get almost the same sense one would feel after a gentle rain falls in the summer, and the air just feels so much lighter and refreshed
    guidinglight

Female
    Number of posts : 134
    Job/hobbies : Spiritual interests, movies, pot plants, op shopping, retired so do as little as possible is the plan, enjoying my time of life doing what ever i please.
    Registration date : 2011-04-04

Smudging  Empty Fantastic

Post  guidinglight Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:43 am

Lynn wrote:

Smudging

A Smudge Stick is a collection of dried herbs wrapped together with string, natural fibers like Hemp are best. Smudge Sticks are most often made from Sage and combined with more fragrant herbs such as
    Lavender or Sandalwood. It is essential that one has Sage as this is the herb that wards off the unwanted and negative energies. The second herb one chooses is used to denote the purpose of the stick. Most Smudge Sticks are used for cleansings or room clearings. Lavender is calming and healing in nature so is good for relaxations and balance. Where as Sandwood is good for opening the psychic gateways to the after life. The use of Sandalwood can be traced back to Ancient Egypt and the mummies, to aid in the journey to he Afterlife.

To Smudge one needs of course the Smudge Stick, but too one needs a book of mates (more commonly wood one’s are said to be best). A bowl to place the Smudge Stick into after performing the blessing. Place the items out. This can be on the floor or table or even on an Alter one has made.

To perform a Blessing or Smudging :

Sit quietly in the center of one’s room and close ye’s eyes. Take a few moments to say a brief Blessing or Prayer of protection and to call upon ye’s guide(s) for assistance.
    Open one’s eyes and light the Smudge Stick at one end.
    Let the herbs burn for about 15 to 20 seconds. Gently and slowly blow
    out the flames and allow the herbs to smolder. (BEING well away there are EMBERS) .

Stand and face North, raise the smudge toward the ceiling and say: 'Bless the element of air. The power of the mind'.

Turn to ye to face the East, raise the smudge and say: 'Bless the element of fire. The power of spirit'

Turn to ye to face the South, raise the smudge and say: 'Bless the element of water. The power of emotion'.

Turn to ye to face West, raise the smudge and say: 'Bless the element of earth. The power of the physical.'

Turn to ye to face North once more, lower the smudge toward the ground and say: 'Bless the Mother Earth'.

Raise the smudge over your head and say: 'Bless the Father Sun'.

Lower the smudge to chest level. Fan the smoke toward ye’s body with ye’s hand and say: 'Bless this house, myself and my purpose.

Please remove any negative energies out into the universe where they can be dissipated and can no longer do harm to anyone.

Send to me the most positive White Light and Power to fulfill my plan for this day. ( The plan for the Day is an Affirmation one has made)

In return I give me thanks and gratitude, me LOVe and positive Light for the universal good of all. Amen.' or Namaste (can be said or a word of one’s choosing)

Place the smudge stick in the small bowl and let it continue to smoke.

Do not use water to put out the remaining coals as this will ruin your smudge stick. DO make sure it is well out and safely placed.

This is where one can enter to a state of meditation.

Many find that having music play softly in the back ground is nice or silence is best for others.

Lynn
    Well done Lynn Smudging  821538 that is so useful and helpful i love smudging and what you wrote has helped me even more so thankyou for your post its really informative and helpful. Smudging  348985 guidinglight. Smudging  15910
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:37 pm

Hello

Having Asthma now Smugging is something at times I do miss but too I know well the body and how some small things can trigger an attack.

That information dates me back to me 20's when I was along that path. Out of a box that I moved with us ever time we moved, one that me mate would say "WHY" to as it was full of random typed and hand written notes. I have slowly been taking the time to go through all I have there and get it to the computer.

It warms me when I see it is useful even after all this time.

Lynn
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun May 22, 2011 12:25 am

Having Asthma now Smugging is something at times I do miss but too I know well the body and how some small things can trigger an attack.

I've had to cut back too, especially with the insence because of the asthma, some days are better than others and it can be fine to burn some, other days it makes me cough my guts up Smudging  160943

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:23 pm