Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Wickednesses of the Mind

jasdir

Male
    Number of posts : 122
    Job/hobbies : meditations
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

Wickednesses of the Mind  Empty Wickednesses of the Mind

Post  jasdir Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:00 pm

Mind forbids one to indulge in meditaton by way of tiredness, laziness, sleep, idleness, wickednesses etc. Sometimes it says that it will devote time in the morning and fails to get up, if in case it gets up in time then it says to sleep a little more as enough time is there, to attend the work the next day may be a problem, goes to sleep and when gets up it is too late. Sometimes looks at the watch thinking that the time may have been over by now. Meaning thereby that the mind forbids indulging in practice. It has overpowered us since ages and has been dictating us. If a man, nowadays takes land to cultivate from the landlord for a year or two then he does not vacate the land. So, likewise the mind who has overpowered us since ages, how can it vacate so easily ? Inspite of listening to the arguments of the mind one should indulge in meditation. When the mind poses hindrance then it should be punished by giving more time to meditation on that day.
    One should try to indulge in repetition sitting on the same ‘Asan’ and as far as possible it should not be changed. Starting from half an hour time should be increased to two and a half hours because for a time less than this the mind fails to still. One will rule the mind if one keeps on doing practice continuously. As the cream if milk is ready only when the milk is boiled at a low pace without stirring it. Stirring makes the cream of the milk so. Similarly sitting on the same Asan, increasing and attention goes within slowly and steadily and one starts getting pleasure. If the attention is concentrated at the third eye, one gets unparalleled pleasure, Wickednesses of the Mind  660782 whose sample in the outside world is not possible to have. Thereafter the mind itself starts compelling for meditation.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Wickednesses of the Mind  Empty Re: Wickednesses of the Mind

Post  Violet Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:25 am

Hi Jasdir, I agree that some, including myself, can sometimes be 'lazy' about meditation for whatever reason, but I don't think the mind forbids it as such. I feel the 'wickedness' is a little strong, what is the wickedness?

Don't you think that forced meditation when perhaps you really don't feel up to it due to illness, stress or whatever, can't possibly be a good meditation.
    for a time less than this the mind fails to still.
    I have to disagree with this statement too I can still mine quite quickly when i'm not stressed or ill, though I agree a routine is good as it is a dicipline, I also feel two and a half hours is far too long for the average person, many strive for unrealistic goals such as this in the early days and are put off when they have difficulties with sitting so long. AS you said, build up but only do what is comfortable imo.

All that said meditation is amazing and like you i'd heartily recommend it to anyone, but for most i'd say one step at a time Wickednesses of the Mind  28115

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female
    Number of posts : 989
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  sparkly Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:46 am

hiya,
    i prefer cultivation of the heart.
    the mind will follow.
    for people like me, meditation is to think lovingly; when i am cleaning i am cleaning the world. i told my sister my friend and i devoted a block of weeks to this 'project, and she decided that when she's eating she will mindfully feed the world.
    :love:
    jasdir

Male

Wickednesses of the Mind  Empty "Mind"

Post  jasdir Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:46 am

Wickednesses of the Mind  15910 Violet,ji Wickednesses of the Mind  15910 ,
    >>>Don't you think that forced meditation when perhaps you really don't feel up to it due to illness, stress or whatever, can't possibly be a good meditation.<<<
    "Mind" is like a very small child,
    When the child began to go school, he cryies, he ignores to go school, or to study, or to face the teacher,
    But however when he is forcefully sended to the school by his parents for his studies, after some time when he becomes haptual or enjoy the company of his friends, He start enjoying the school, even studies if the child is sincere,
    So mean to say that, there is no loss in forcing in the begaining, if something is done for the Goodness,
    As m new to the site m also not so familer with all the members, or their stages in the meditations or their "Love" toward "Lord",
    So, m posting, according to the respect, for the begainers also, as it would be my great pleasure if my words can change somebody, if my words can permote the "Love" towards "Lord",
    I don't want to pull anybody towards myself, I want to push towards "Lord",(after all who am "I"),
    Sorry! if i have written anything wrong,
    With Respect,
    Goodbye.
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:28 am

jasdir
    you have not written anything wrong. :astar: :astar: :astar:

you are entitled to your own view, and i'm sure no one thinks badly of you. :ghug:

but each person should have their own path, and violet has another, and mine is different yet again.

by sharing we can all learn from each other's paths. do not worry.
    :med:

p.s. i like your school example. some children never like school. i know a miulti millionare who can not read. very nice man too. :bfs:
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:33 pm

Hi Jasdir, I was just stating my opinions, I apologise if they offended you I certainly didn't mean to, and when you become more familiar with the forum you'll notice we sometimes disagree with each other Wickednesses of the Mind  821538 this is good as it stimulates discussion as long as it is done respectfully.

Sparkly is right we all have different paths, and is right saying you have not written anything wrong, far from it, you stated things as you see it, and I stated things as I see it. Wickednesses of the Mind  821538

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    jasdir

Male

Post  jasdir Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:26 am

Violet wrote:Hi Jasdir, I was just stating my opinions, I apologise if they offended you I certainly didn't mean to, and when you become more familiar with the forum you'll notice we sometimes disagree with each other Wickednesses of the Mind  821538 this is good as it stimulates discussion as long as it is done respectfully.

Sparkly is right we all have different paths, and is right saying you have not written anything wrong, far from it, you stated things as you see it, and I stated things as I see it. Wickednesses of the Mind  821538
    Once a teacher Q:nd the students to tell about the colour of his dress,

There was total 13 students in the class, the colour defined by the students was: red, dark red, blood-red, rose-red, fire-red, etc... so each of them defined differently,

So that was very simple Q: about the colour of dress, each one of them defined differently, they don't have similarities in such a simple Q:, So how can we have similarities in spirituality, which is tuff more than enough,

So mean to say that, Yes each one of us have our different "Angle of seeing" m "agreed" with your statement that >>>you stated the things as u see,& "I" stated the things as "I" see,<<<,

But the Q: is, Who is right ?,or We all are wrong?,or We all are right ?, or We all are behaving like very small childrens STILL ? Because & Why?

Why? All the acient spiritual teachers like christ, buddha, muhammed, guru nanak, and many others have similarties in their teachings?, why there path was same? why there teaching were same for the whole mankind?.........or was they wrong? or they teached different paths?

Believe!, if we think like that different peoples have different paths, than there is no end of religous war,
    Still the small arguments can change into big religous wars,

What is the difference? What,...... is this?
    We are also not less than all Religous contractors,
    What do you think?

Well nothing offended me, Yours reply......My pleasure,
    Thanku... Wickednesses of the Mind  15910 Violet Wickednesses of the Mind  15910 ji,
    Goodbye.
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:46 am

hiya jasdir!
    this question about the red dress, i have given much thought to, they are different points of view and they are all right.

"all roads lead to rome"- there are many paths and eventually they lead to the same place. it is just a matter of each of us having a different experience in each life; in one life you are catholic, buddhist muslim, baptist, hindu and so on. are any of them right, 100 percent? no, or we would have all followed that one and had world peace. instead we must travail all ideologies until the heart has had enough and can move on to its own understanding, and to a different realm than this, perhaps another dimension:)
    it doesn't matter so much how we get there, but that we get there.:)
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  1antique Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:45 pm

Religion of ANY type should never be forced on anyone...even in the beginning.

The search for the truth must be a voluntary (and individual) search.

Each person has their own truth and their own path they must follow to find that which they seek.
    jasdir

Male

Post  jasdir Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:07 pm

1antique wrote:Religion of ANY type should never be forced on anyone...even in the beginning.

The search for the truth must be a voluntary (and individual) search.

Each person has their own truth and their own path they must follow to find that which they seek.
    Yes! trust me, dear sir,
    I am heartly agreed with your above given statements,
    But! One thing forces me to Think again, That is:
    Why? The Acient Spiritual masters in every religon wrote so many holy books, Don't you feel that this was the another different way to force any religon or truth,

If each person has its own truth and own path to follow than why they created holy books,
    If they are wrong, Than who is right, Don't they be knowing that time that different peoples have different truths & paths, What was the use of writting so many Holy books,

I hope that you can through light on this matter,
    With respect, Goodbye.
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:12 pm

jadir wrote:
    Why? The Acient Spiritual masters in every religon wrote so many holy books, Don't you feel that this was the another different way to force any religon or truth,

If each person has its own truth and own path to follow than why they created holy books,
    If they are wrong, Than who is right, Don't they be knowing that time that different peoples have different truths & paths, What was the use of writting so many Holy books,

Yes, there were many different teachers who, through their words have helped us to find our path to walk. They have shown us the Light at the the end of the path.

But, just as each of us have a different path to walk to the Light, so did each teacher have a different way to teach and show us that path. If we did not each have a different path, then each teacher would have taught the exact same thing....but, they did not. They merely lit the way for us and allowed us to see that there was a path to follow...in fact, many paths that led to the Light that they lived in.

As an example, did not one teacher say that meditation is the way into the Light? And, did not one other teacher say that prayer is the way into the Light? Are these not different paths to the same light? Are they not the same...but different?
    jasdir

Male

Post  jasdir Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:18 am

1antique wrote:jadir wrote:

Yes, there were many different teachers who, through their words have helped us to find our path to walk. They have shown us the Light at the the end of the path.

But, just as each of us have a different path to walk to the Light, so did each teacher have a different way to teach and show us that path. If we did not each have a different path, then each teacher would have taught the exact same thing....but, they did not. They merely lit the way for us and allowed us to see that there was a path to follow...in fact, many paths that led to the Light that they lived in.

As an example, did not one teacher say that meditation is the way into the Light? And, did not one other teacher say that prayer is the way into the Light? Are these not different paths to the same light? Are they not the same...but different?
    Dear sir i am totally agreed with obove given statements, Thankyou so much for the Reply,
    Sir, your age is 53, so you might be having more experience than me,
    Still there is one more Q:, I hope that i will definatly get the Answer,
    As you written that they have shown us the light at the end of the path, As i understand what you have written is, that they shown us some mirecles during their life time, so that we could trust on them compleatly,only then one can follow the path shown by them with the compleate trust (or your mean to write is something else),
    If you are mean to this: Am agreed with your statement that acient teachers shown different paths to different peoples or according to peoples, But nowdays, Where are the perfect Teacher? How can we know that we are walking on the right path?, Does the path which we have choosen is surely Right?,
    With respect,Goodbye
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:04 pm

jasdir wrote:
    As you written that they have shown us the light at the end of the path, As i understand what you have written is, that they shown us some mirecles during their life time, so that we could trust on them compleatly,only then one can follow the path shown by them with the compleate trust (or your mean to write is something else),
    If you are mean to this: Am agreed with your statement that acient teachers shown different paths to different peoples or according to peoples, But nowdays, Where are the perfect Teacher? How can we know that we are walking on the right path?, Does the path which we have choosen is surely Right?,

First, let me ask this: What is a miracle? Is a miracle something happening that is impossible, or is it merely something that happens that is beyond our comprehension? If it was something that was impossible, was it something that was TRUELY impossible, or was it something that was understood to be impossible AT THAT POINT IN TIME (raising the dead, healing the sick, etc).

Let me go one step further in this thought....would an electric light not be considered a miracle to a primative peoples? Would the bearer of that light be considered a miracle worker?

Were the pilots of Allied aircraft who landed on remote islands during World War II not considered Gods and miracle workers by the indigeonous peoples there? In fact, were those peoples not STILL waiting for those Gods to return up until a few years ago when 'civilization' finally caught up to them??

Where are the teachers? They are all around us. We have just chosen not to listen.
    jasdir

Male

Post  jasdir Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:08 am

1antique wrote:jasdir wrote:

First, let me ask this: What is a miracle? Is a miracle something happening that is impossible, or is it merely something that happens that is beyond our comprehension? If it was something that was impossible, was it something that was TRUELY impossible, or was it something that was understood to be impossible AT THAT POINT IN TIME (raising the dead, healing the sick, etc).

Let me go one step further in this thought....would an electric light not be considered a miracle to a primative peoples? Would the bearer of that light be considered a miracle worker?

Were the pilots of Allied aircraft who landed on remote islands during World War II not considered Gods and miracle workers by the indigeonous peoples there? In fact, were those peoples not STILL waiting for those Gods to return up until a few years ago when 'civilization' finally caught up to them??

Where are the teachers? They are all around us. We have just chosen not to listen.
    You are Quite right Mr: Antique ji,
    Yes the teachers are all around us,
    Yes we have chosen not to listen, But i mean to Q: To whom do, we should Listen!
    Who are or is the right Teacher, Teachers can also be True or False,
    There are also the Teachers who Teaches the Robbries,
    There are also the Teachers in "Alkaida" who boosts the peoples to make them terrirost, (So are they right)
    Or are you trying to say that we are our own teacher and we should be ready when we decide we are,
    Anyhow, respected antique ji, Thanks for the reply,
    Goodbye.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:31 pm