Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
ameliorate
jcam@sii
SpiritVoices
PPrncpl7
Violet
9 posters

Aggression

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Aggression Empty Aggression

Post  Violet Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:14 pm

Aren't people aggressive these days?

I saw a woman at a supermarket recently and when her partner turned up to collect her she didn't half let rip (because he hadn't turned up when he said he would) and she didn't care who heard her, we could still hear her when they were at the other end of the car park..so there was no avoiding it, I appreciate she was angry but I honestly thought she was going to punch him.

I see this kind of thing almost on a daily basis now but why are people so aggressive especially the latest generation, have they been spoiled too much or is it again the lack of discipline?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    PPrncpl7

Male
    Number of posts : 418
    Job/hobbies : Retired teacher of Mathematics
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Aggression Empty Aggression

Post  PPrncpl7 Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:06 pm

Violet
    We are entering-we are IN- the age of chaos!!
    Such behaviour will become more common!
    WE must deal with it and come out the other side!
    PPLL n L
    peter
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Aggression Empty Re: Aggression

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:23 pm

Yes,I find folks more aggressive these days,especially when trying to put their point across or force their own opinions on others.
    Why is the world so aggressive these days? Why can't we be more polite like in olden days?
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:06 pm

Aggression can be the outcome of stress. There is far more stress these days than there used to be for a variety of contributory factors relating to the society we now live in.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:29 pm

Got to agree with you Amy. Children were more agreeable years ago and better brought up in manners than today.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:31 pm

[quote="jcam@sii"]
    Violet wrote:Aren't people aggressive these days?

I saw a woman at a supermarket recently and when her partner turned up to collect her she didn't half let rip (because he hadn't turned up when he said he would) and she didn't care who heard her, we could still hear her when they were at the other end of the car park..so there was no avoiding it, I appreciate she was angry but I honestly thought she was going to punch him.

I see this kind of thing almost on a daily basis now but why are people so aggressive especially the latest generation, have they been spoiled too much or is it again the lack of discipline?

Like I just like agression cause I don't owe the prob and the prob doesn't owe me.
    Like I don't run for cover or for the hills, and I don't bug it that people get looney. I just learn how not to - with agression - but I don't bite it off and say take it or leave it - of, I was used to and so payed up of it - but i'm like a slump 30-ish to pump not more trouble - i'm kinda dumb suggesting people are insane when that stuff in people don't change, I bank not to. I push myself to let go of unexplained hard no way outs on the modern folk busy busys - feeling there is no better alternate than to be as a adolescent confident dog as day to day surprise permits me. I can imagine all the noise and no defining words coming out, it hurts - but we deal with it unlike a mouse race and very like a soulja - ie - soul soldier. Quite easy stuff, putting real exam power at work to.

.[/quote

I wouldn't call you aggressive. You state your point and leave it...
    Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male
    Number of posts : 800
    Job/hobbies : Reactivated
    Registration date : 2013-12-02

Post  Thunder Bow Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:33 pm

We always been a immature society. Now the condition got more chronic and ingrained. It is all about how we raise our children, and the tougher economy.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:07 pm

Thunder Bow wrote:We always been a immature society. Now the condition got more chronic and ingrained. It is all about how we raise our children, and the tougher economy.
    Yes these are the contributory factors I alluded to in my post.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:40 pm

While we have some adults behaving like children, it's little wonder that some children behave the way they do.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:41 am

SpiritVoices wrote:Got to agree with you Amy.    Children were more agreeable years ago and better brought up in manners than today.

That's because you can't do anything to kids today. You can't discipline them, you can't raise your voice, you can't punish them. Everything results in lawsuits and people trying to take your kids away because you're a monster.. So today kids run amok with no repercussions.

Of course, hiding behind monitors on the internet didn't help to curb nastiness from people because they were anonymous.

It also doesn't help that most of the parents of today's generation were kids themselves. So kids ended up raising kids and you can see it... And I'm not speaking about the age of the person as being a "kid."
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:37 am

innerlight wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:Got to agree with you Amy.    Children were more agreeable years ago and better brought up in manners than today.

That's because you can't do anything to kids today. You can't discipline them, you can't raise your voice, you can't punish them. Everything results in lawsuits and people trying to take your kids away because you're a monster.. So today kids run amok with no repercussions.

Of course, hiding behind monitors on the internet didn't help to curb nastiness from people because they were anonymous.

It also doesn't help that most of the parents of today's generation were kids themselves. So kids ended up raising kids and you can see it... And I'm not speaking about the age of the person as being a "kid."

Some adults are more immature than a child.....
    Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male
    Number of posts : 800
    Job/hobbies : Reactivated
    Registration date : 2013-12-02

Post  Thunder Bow Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:21 pm

Punishment always done more harm than good. Children need a deeper connection with their family members and parents. With parents over stressed and working long hours, more and more children are denied the deeper connections they need.
    Arbel
    Arbel

Number of posts : 261
    Registration date : 2012-10-30

Post  Arbel Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:31 pm

There is a prophesy that states children will be out of control and it appears another prophecy is being fulfilled

Arbel

skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:50 pm

Thunder Bow wrote:Punishment always done more harm than good. Children need a deeper connection with their family members and parents. With parents over stressed and working long hours, more and more children are denied the deeper connections they need.
    I wonder if a cause could also be because spiritual values in most if not all religious denominations have changed, or are non existent in some families.
    I know some parents prefer to ignore their children's needs and let them do what they want to, rather than apply some discipline into their lives. Also, most parents want to be their young child's friend, instead of being a teacher or role model first. It's no bad thing to be both, except in some children's eyes, it's never going to happen.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:09 pm

In the old days,parents remained together for the sake of the children.
    Not so now.    So many step parents ,one has to wonder if a child really knows who are their birth parents...
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:43 am