Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Crystal
mac
ameliorate
Yorick
Assumpta
NAZ
Violet
skye
SpiritVoices
zerdini
14 posters

Reincarnation - A Spirit View

zerdini

Male
    Number of posts : 611
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2011-01-28

spirit - Reincarnation - A Spirit View - Page 2 Empty Reincarnation - A Spirit View

Post  zerdini Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

Spirit teacher Silver Birch on reincarnation:

You have risen and ascended through all forms of evolution..

There is within each one of you a trace of your animal ancestry, which is part of your heredity.

The soul has the awareness imprinted within it. If that awareness does not dawn, then it will have to reincarnate again. If the awareness does come, then it will begin to fulfill the purpose of its incarnation.

What incarnates is another aspect of the same individuality, and I do not mean personality. If you visualise man as an individual, who in his earthly life is like an iceberg in which you have one small portion manifesting and the larger portion not manifesting, then that is the end of one incarnation. In a successive incarnation, a portion of the submerged self will come into the world of matter, two different personalities, but one individual. And in spirit life, as progression takes place, it is part of the submerged self that comes to the surface all the time.

I maintain reincarnation is a fact. I have not said that it is so for everybody. What I have said is that the human individuality is not always a single entity but a facet of a larger diamond.

These facets incarnate into your world for experience that will enable them to return to the diamond and add to its lustre and radiance. It is part of the law of cause and effect in operation because there are karmic debts to be paid. There are also opportunities for evolved souls to return at a time when they can perform a service to groups, and even to countries, where there is a need for their qualities and gifts to be expressed.

Another facet of the diamond can incarnate at the same time. But it is all regulated by law and order.

I know some people who genuinely do not wish to survive death. What would you say to them?

I know some people who genuinely do not wish to be born into your world. They can do nothing about it.

Are we then forced to come into this world if we do not wish to do so? I always thought it is our choice.

This is not always the case. There is a choice in our world as there is a choice in yours. When the soul knows it has work to do, it will incarnate into your world. There are some who have no desire to do so, but they come because they have work to do, or they have a karmic condition to fulfil.

FWH Myers writing through, the hand of automatic writing medium,Geraldine Cummins:

However, it is well to be agreed that, even if we run, the race of life on earth six times, we touch but on the fringe of human experience. We have obtained only a certain discipline. We have not plumbed the depths or scaled the heights of being; we have not covered all the space of human consciousness, of human feeling. Yet I can assure you that until we have harvested many times the fruits of lives spent on earth we shall not, save in exceptional cases, live on the higher planes beyond death.

It is not necessary for us to return to earth to gather into our granary this manifold variety of life and knowledge. We can reap, bind and bring much of it home by participating in the life of our group-soul. Many belong to it and these may spread themselves in their journeys over past, present and future. Indeed in the Group, we speak of the life of a man as a "journey." Very well, I have not, at any time, been a member of the yellow races, but there are souls in my Group who have known and lived that eastern life, and I may, and do, enter into every act and emotion in their past chronicles.

Through our communal existence I perceive and feel the drama in the earthly journey of a Buddhist priest, of an American merchant, of an Italian painter, and I am, if I assimilate the life thus lived, spared the living of it in the flesh.

There is no set law concerning reincarnation. At a certain point in its progress, the soul reflects, weighs and considers the facts of its own nature in conjunction with its past life on earth. If you are primitive, this meditation is made more through instinct, a kind of emotional thought that stirs up the depths of your being. Then the spirit helps you to choose your future. You have complete free will but your spirit indicates the path you should follow and you frequently obey that indication.
    Yorick
    Just joined

Male
    Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2013-05-22

spirit - Reincarnation - A Spirit View - Page 2 Empty Re: Reincarnation - A Spirit View

Post  Yorick Fri May 24, 2013 11:50 am

Some food for thought.

When someone "remembers" a past life, maybe they are linking with the spirit who lived it? This would explain why some can't remember important details. The man who regressed to his life as a pikeman in an English army didn't recall the orders for engagement he would have heard every day "Raise pikes, lower pikes" etc. Also maybe several women who all believe they were Marie Antoinette.

Or perhaps as with some species, one learns a new ability and suddenly they can all do it. Then so we tap into the life experiences of others as we are all facets of the same diamond and feel we have experienced them first hand.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

spirit - Reincarnation - A Spirit View - Page 2 Empty Re: Reincarnation - A Spirit View

Post  SpiritVoices Fri May 24, 2013 5:12 pm

A thought to consider,Jorick.

There are many reasons for reincarnation. I do not think anyone can give the perfect reason why we have to live life after life. Surely after one life in the physical,should be enough to learn our lessons of pain and hurt.

Joanie

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:05 pm

Yorick wrote:Some food for thought.

When someone "remembers" a past life, maybe they are linking with the spirit who lived it? This would explain why some can't remember important details. The man who regressed to his life as a pikeman in an English army didn't recall the orders for engagement he would have heard every day "Raise pikes, lower pikes" etc. Also maybe several women who all believe they were Marie Antoinette.

Or perhaps as with some species, one learns a new ability and suddenly they can all do it. Then so we tap into the life experiences of others as we are all facets of the same diamond and feel we have experienced them first hand.
    I wonder if that fits in with the idea of not understanding our dreams.
    But knowing they are familiar to us.    Are we dreaming of an events from long ago in a different life?
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:00 pm

Any more thoughts on reincarnation please?    Come om folks,keep going..... :blush:

:ghug:

Joanie...xxx
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:32 pm

It would seem that there is a discrepancy as to what precisely carries on after death.  Reincarnation and rebirth
    are not one and the same thing.  I would welcome feedback on thoughts between them.

Reincarnation is a Hindu concept whereby it is held that a permanent (eternal) soul transmigrates into another body
    continuously.

Rebirth is a buddhist concept whereby the self dissolves at death (i.e. our memories and emotions) but that what
    survives/continues is our karmic energy/imprint (subtle mind stream).....that there is no fixed soul.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:12 pm

There is no definition of reincarnation that is invariable - we've also seen that with other commonly used terms.  What definition anyone uses is down to the teachings that appeal to them. 

What I understand as reincarnation is the return of an animating spirit to take on another life in-the-body in this physical world.  That understanding comes from neither a Hindu nor a

Buddhist concept but from the simple teachings found in Spiritualism and Spiritism. 

I don't find it surprising that different religions may use different words to describe similar mechanisms. 
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:24 pm

zerdini wrote:
    Joanie wrote:
    zerdini wrote:Maybe it's because it's unconditional. spirit - Reincarnation - A Spirit View - Page 2 28115

A very difficult love to find,not many people would give up their 'everything' for that kind of love.
    spirit - Reincarnation - A Spirit View - Page 2 609912
    Joanie

I would and did! spirit - Reincarnation - A Spirit View - Page 2 621623
    In what way?....who made the sacrifice?  Who suffered the pain?
    ...and would do it again if necessary.....for my love and my life... :kiss:
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:14 pm

mac wrote:There is no definition of reincarnation that is invariable - we've also seen that with other commonly used terms.  What definition anyone uses is down to the teachings that appeal to them. 

What I understand as reincarnation is the return of an animating spirit to take on another life in-the-body in this physical world.  That understanding comes from neither a Hindu nor a

Buddhist concept but from the simple teachings found in Spiritualism and Spiritism. 

I don't find it surprising that different religions may use different words to describe similar mechanisms. 
    Mac, do you believe we re-incarnate? And if you do then have you any memories of previous lives?
    mac

Male

Post  mac Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:47 pm

Crystal wrote:
    mac wrote:There is no definition of reincarnation that is invariable - we've also seen that with other commonly used terms.  What definition anyone uses is down to the teachings that appeal to them. 

Mac, do you believe we re-incarnate? And if you do then have you any memories of previous lives?
    I feel pretty confident that we have the choice whether to incarnate and that reincarnation is something ordinary individuals do actually choose to do. 

How often that might be and how soon after we've passed over I have no idea - perhaps just once or maybe several or even many times, perhaps soon after passing, perhaps very much later.  Perhaps it varies from incarnation to incarnation?

I used to feel reincarnation happened routinely for all of us over many lifetimes but as I've grown older I've moved away from such a prescriptive view.  Do I have any memories?  None I am consciously aware of and I have considerable doubt about claims made concerning alleged past lives.  I'm not dismissing all claims but only saying I think individuals' supposed past-life-recall may not always be right.
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female

Post  Crystal Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:44 pm

Thanks for the reply. I asked because I have been 'regressed' several times and each had a very real quality and came up with facts and places that I really didn't know beforehand. But, I am still sceptical of what the experiences really were. Were they true past lives or memories passed down in genes or by energy, were they picked up from sub-conscious or the collective unconscious, hmm, difficult. But the one strange thing is even though quite a few years ago the 'memory' has stuck with me and has a vivid feeling, not slipping away like a dream but like I was really there!
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:20 pm

I don't know whether anyone here has read one of Ian Stevenson's books on reincarnation?  I read one giving
    many cases involving Indian children recalling a past life e.g. being able to locate who they were with and the
    location.  It was inspiring and fascinating.  Here is an objective appraisal of his works...

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/bering-in-mind/2013/11/02/ian-stevensons-case-for-the-afterlife-are-we-skeptics-really-just-cynics/
    mac

Male

Post  mac Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:30 pm

Crystal wrote:Thanks for the reply. I asked because I have been 'regressed' several times and each had a very real quality and came up with facts and places that I really didn't know beforehand. But, I am still sceptical of what the experiences really were. Were they true past lives or memories passed down in genes or by energy, were they picked up from sub-conscious or the collective unconscious, hmm, difficult. But the one strange thing is even though quite a few years ago the 'memory' has stuck with me and has a vivid feeling, not slipping away like a dream but like I was really there!
    That's interesting and it's good you approach what you've experienced in such a way. 

Maybe the image that stuck with you was indeed your own previous experience but the others may not have been?  I don't know if there's a collective-consciousness that we as individuals may tap into or if there are other sources of information we access subliminally but I would not be surprised to learn it's a possibility in certain circumstances. 

Perhaps during sleep - when it's said we can visit the etheric dimensions - we pick up information from others in our soul cell, some of which remains with us as if it's a personal memory.  Or perhaps overshadowing by an interested or busy-body discarnate feeds information through our psyches at certain times such as attempted past-life regression? 

These are possibilities that are hard to eliminate.
    Auras

Male
    Number of posts : 2027
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  Auras Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:31 pm

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:03 pm

The one subject that interests me!    When will I leave for the spirit world?   I am tired of the life on this planet!       Please God free me from the agony of living on the earth plane..... :cloud:
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female

Post  Crystal Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:27 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:The one subject that interests me!    When will I leave for the spirit world?   I am tired of the life on this planet!       Please God free me from the agony of living on the earth plane..... :cloud:

Joanie you need to talk to your family and doctors about these kinds of feelings.

It is really awful seeing a plea such as this, and on many forums the administrator would contact the authorities and give them the poster's ip address so that they could take the appropraite action.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:05 pm

Crystal wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:The one subject that interests me!    When will I leave for the spirit world?   I am tired of the life on this planet!       Please God free me from the agony of living on the earth plane..... :cloud:

Joanie you need to talk to your family and doctors about these kinds of feelings.

It is really awful seeing a plea such as this, and on many forums the administrator would contact the authorities and give them the poster's ip address so that they could take the appropraite action.
    Why should I talk to my family and doctors about the feelings I have?   They are normal feelings.   For some reason I don't like living on the Earth planet.  I don't know why!  Anyone tell me the reasons why?...... :asmile:
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female

Post  Crystal Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:16 pm

I can whole heartedly say that they are not normal feelings and that there are ways of encouraging them to change, but, I also recognise that I am probably going to get castigated once again for being 'personal'. 

However, this is a forum, a place where people come together to post and discuss and challenge views and opinions and as such no-one can post and ignore the possibility that others will respond to what is posted. One has to take responsibility for what one posts. That is the nature of the internet forum.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:56 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:
    Crystal wrote:

Why should I talk to my family and doctors about the feelings I have?   They are normal feelings.   For some reason I don't like living on the Earth planet.  I don't know why!  Anyone tell me the reasons why?...... :asmile:
    Joanie, I would dispute that to want to die is normal but may well be due to your current physical condition.  It is rather
    alarming to read this on a forum.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:11 am

SpiritVoices wrote:
    Crystal wrote:

Joan - my mother has dementia and she also became depressed....lost the joy of living.  There is a connection between these 2 conditions.  She has been given an anti-depressant and I am wondering whether you have to?  If not, I would strongly advise this.  It has made a difference to my mother's attitude e.g. she doesn't despair, cry so much or get so distressed.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:02 am

I am not depressed as such.   I am sick of seeing the world as it is.   

I have nothing in my personal life to be depressed over.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:37 am

SpiritVoices wrote:I am not depressed as such.   I am sick of seeing the world as it is.   

I have nothing in my personal life to be depressed over.
    You indicated that you are tired of living...how is this not depression?  Not exactly positive/upbeat.

I am pleased to hear that you have nothing in your personal life to be depressed over.  As to "seeing the
    world as it is" it largely depends on your focus but, that said, yes it is somewhat grim.  It would be easy
    to dwell on what's wrong with the world rather than what is right with it, i.e. what we can be thankful for.

1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  1antique Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:31 pm

We all have differing opinions of life and death.

Some find that life in a physical body to be a dreary thing to deal with and would prefer to pass back into the spirit form where there is no pain, no sadness.

Some feel that life in the physical world is fantastic. There is so many different experiences to live through....sadness, joy, love, hate.....   So many experiences....why would anyone want to leave it?

To me, there is no right or wrong feeling on this. You feel how you feel. Nobody should be chastised for wanting to stay here or wanting to go home.

Why is it automatically said that a person is depressed or sick in the mind because they wish to return to the perfection that can be found in Spirit? ...a perfection that cannot be found here, or even distantly approached? 

Why is someone chastised because they wish to live in joy and freedom instead of being forced to live on this desolate rock full of hatred, pain, jealousy, and killing, with only the occasional smattering of joy and love?

Why would someone wish to be condemned to live within a fragile body full of pain when so much more awaits on the other side of the veil?  

Condemn not those who wish to return to Spirit. The pull is strong to, once again, be with the one who is perfection. The joy of being enfolded in the arms of of that perfection is boundless.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:07 pm

Ah here we go....there's that grossly inaccurate word again "chastise".   spirit - Reincarnation - A Spirit View - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes

1antique you seem to constantly misunderstand my concern and relegate it into the mistaken realm
    of punishment!   Why would I want to punish Joan?   That does not even bear thinking about and I am
    very disappointed that you continue to get my intention so badly wrong.

To want to die is very close to being suicidal.  Who amongst us would regard that as normal?  If you take
    Joan at her word, she is not saying she feels this way due to her "fragile body full of pain" but has said
    it is to do with being 'sick of seeing the world as it is'.  Hence it is this that I addressed in my last post.
    Perhaps you missed this in your haste to chastise me.....spirit - Reincarnation - A Spirit View - Page 2 Eusa_think
    powessy
    powessy
    Just joined

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2015-01-10

Post  powessy Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:56 am

Hello

My two cents on reincarnation.

I believe that we are destine to reincarnate, evolve and to move on to become many things again and again.  I do not believe that we are held back from reincarnation due to karma or to become lesser things within the realms of animals. It takes many reincarnations to become yourself from the beginning of time, to be what we are from what we were. To understand death we must first understand life, the right to become something again. In life we move outside ourselves to become something again, to experience and learn to move forward as a whole. In death we must learn to become something inside ourselves to be able to become something again. Without a soul you could not exist or live in this world as the two are connected. You were yourself before this life and you will be yourself in the next life, but who you are in this life is a part of the mind of yourself under the pressures of the way you are living.

My understanding of this is that each soul is something called a treemend. The treemend is the container of ourselves it holds are records of lives lived. When we die we hold the shape of the person we were and those memories of that life, we are then allowed to become ourselves inside ourselves to remember ourselves and who we are and who we have been. If you do not become something inside yourself or treemend you can not become something again. To become something again reborn we will then become something new and the need for our past memories is not necessary in this life. 

Powessy
    mac

Male

Post  mac Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:04 am

powessy wrote:Hello

My two cents on reincarnation.

I believe that we are destine to reincarnate, evolve and to move on to become many things again and again.  I do not believe that we are held back from reincarnation due to karma or to become lesser things within the realms of animals. It takes many reincarnations to become yourself from the beginning of time, to be what we are from what we were. To understand death we must first understand life, the right to become something again. In life we move outside ourselves to become something again, to experience and learn to move forward as a whole. In death we must learn to become something inside ourselves to be able to become something again. Without a soul you could not exist or live in this world as the two are connected. You were yourself before this life and you will be yourself in the next life, but who you are in this life is a part of the mind of yourself under the pressures of the way you are living.

My understanding of this is that each soul is something called a treemend. The treemend is the container of ourselves it holds are records of lives lived. When we die we hold the shape of the person we were and those memories of that life, we are then allowed to become ourselves inside ourselves to remember ourselves and who we are and who we have been. If you do not become something inside yourself or treemend you can not become something again. To become something again reborn we will then become something new and the need for our past memories is not necessary in this life. 

Powessy
    What is the source of your understanding?  I'm not familiar with the approach.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:37 am