Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Greetings

Beware_of_Italics
    Beware_of_Italics

Female
    Number of posts : 363
    Registration date : 2011-03-15

Greetings Empty Greetings

Post  Beware_of_Italics Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:32 am

Or "Howdy!" as we say here in Texas. (We really don't all say that Greetings 451437 ). I wasn't going to do an intro thread, but then decided to anyway.

Where to start? I've lived in Texas my entire life and currently I'm a substitute teacher, for Junior High mostly. My Mom and teenage niece & nephew are the loves of my life! I have two dogs (Maddie Kate Scarlett O'Hara / Lady Isabelle Rosie Cotton) and two elderly cats (Wendy Moira Angela Darling / Tiger Lily). They're all divas, so of course they have their own website. Greetings 9062

Hobbies: Reading, writing, anything Victorian (I was so born into the wrong era), photography, going to Disney World (been there 10 times), making far too many personal websites, working in PhotoShop (when I had it), card making, and watching old movies. I'm also a big fan of Scot's actor Gerry Butler. Greetings 8224 Next to "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir," "Phantom of the Opera" is my favorite movie.

Okay, I think I've babbled enough so I'll end by saying that I've been looking for a website like this for a loooong time now. I'm really glad to have found you.

Kristin
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Greetings Empty Re: Greetings

Post  Violet Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:38 am

Hi Kristin, nice to learn a bit more about you, I had a kitten once called Tiger-Lily Greetings 821538

It's interesting what you say about feeling you were born in the wrong era, that would make an interesting topic as i'm sure others feel that way too.

It sounds like you're a very busy person!

I'm glad you found us too, it's nice to have you here Greetings 821538

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    mia
    mia

Female
    Number of posts : 1741
    Job/hobbies : Carer Support Worker
    Registration date : 2009-07-27

Post  mia Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:04 am

Welcome Kristin Greetings 21581
    Greetings 782572 Greetings 408815
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:14 am

Greetings 782572 Greetings 408815 Greetings 348985

For future reference, and I'm to be aware of italics. Where does that leave bold, underline, and strike through? How do you feel on font justification? Greetings 809779
    Beware_of_Italics
    Beware_of_Italics

Female
    Number of posts : 363
    Registration date : 2011-03-15

Post  Beware_of_Italics Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:52 am

Thanks for all the welcomes!

innerlight wrote:Greetings 782572 Greetings 408815 Greetings 348985

For future reference, and I'm to be aware of italics. Where does that leave bold, underline, and strike through? How do you feel on font justification? Greetings 809779

Greetings 9062 Well, my worst habit is those dratted ............

I overuse them all the time.

Oops, so maybe I overuse italics sometimes as well.

Honestly, my username is part of a quote from my favorite classic YA author. It's from "Emily's Quest" by Lucy Maud Montgomery. (She's the author of 'Anne of Green Gables'). There's a character in that series, a crotchety teacher named Mr. Carpenter, whom is always harassing the heroine over her overuse of italics in her writing.

Kristin.... who thinks Greetings 454657 is another adorable smiley on here!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:49 am