Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

hi there. i am new.

vonsi
    vonsi

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2011-07-31

hi there. i am new. Empty hi there. i am new.

Post  vonsi Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:13 am

hi everyone, my name is yvonne and i am new to this website, and spiritualism in general. i believe i have some kind of ability but not sure what, and how i find out. i have been attending spirtualist meetings for the last five weeks and have been meditating every day for a few weeks but nothing has happened yet.i used a guided meditation called getting into the vortex. can anyone give me any advice on how i get started in the right place. i would be really gratefull. thanks.
    peaceandkarma

Male
    Number of posts : 189
    Registration date : 2011-05-25

hi there. i am new. Empty Re: hi there. i am new.

Post  peaceandkarma Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:19 am

The best place to ask is at your local Spiritualist Church, ask if the run any Circles which you can attend. There you will meet like minded people which you can delevop with.
    vonsi
    vonsi

Post  vonsi Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:21 am

thanks for the advice. i will definately give it a go.

von
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:31 am

Hi Yvonne, I agree with peaceandkarma, what about the other people at your meetings do any of them, or do they know of any groups even if it's something basic to begin with?

That meditation sounds a bit powerful, have you something a little gentler especially if you're doing it every day, it may be too powerful, experiment with your sounds until you find something which works well, guided meditations can be very distracting if someone is talking.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    vonsi
    vonsi

Post  vonsi Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:44 am

thanks for that violet. i have asked about circles but think i need to look a little further, as the area i live in is very rural and there doesnt seem to be much around. i think i am going to try a different meditation and just try different things for a few weeks and see how things go. thanks for your help.

von
    peaceandkarma

Male
    Number of posts : 189
    Registration date : 2011-05-25

Post  peaceandkarma Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:10 am

You can get lists of local Spiritualist Churches in your area from the internet. Some New Age shops run circles, so I would look at yell.com and enquire with then too.
    vonsi
    vonsi

Post  vonsi Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:18 am

thanks everyone for the advice. and thanks for making me feel so welcome. my new found spiritualism and inner calm is helping me through the toughest time in my life so far. so thank you all.

von
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:42 pm

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time Vonsi, it's good your beliefs are helping you through, I think most of us here find thathi there. i am new. 821538

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:13 am