Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Can anyone recommend please?

loulou7309
    loulou7309

Female
    Number of posts : 24
    Job/hobbies : Being with my Family. Crystals, Angels, Tarot
    Registration date : 2011-08-20

Can anyone recommend please? Empty Can anyone recommend please?

Post  loulou7309 Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:46 am

Since I'm very new to this I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good beginner's guide that I could read to help me make the most of my journey and teach me the basics ie: meditation, visualisation, how to realise my full potential?
    Thanks in advance.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Can anyone recommend please? Empty Re: Can anyone recommend please?

Post  Violet Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:57 am

I'll have a look round my books here for you but imo the best way to learn is through experience, this is not always possible if you can't find a group to join but if you can get to a spiritualist church they often run groups which explore the basics and sometimes know of other groups.

Our members have shared experiences here which may be useful and there are a few tips around which may also help, I keep planning to write up a basic meditation guide for the forum and will try to get this done in the very near future.Can anyone recommend please? 15910

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:24 am

If you are interested in developing spiritually, i'm with Violet in suggesting that you find a Spiritualist church or centre where they hold awareness classes which should teach you the basics as well as differences with each technique. If your interest lies in mediumship then imo development groups offer more scope in ways of support and talking with like minded people.

Failing that, it's a bit like trial and error as you experiment in various ways until you feel comfortable with what you're doing. Most books regarding meditations are similar so go for one that you're drawn to.
    loulou7309
    loulou7309

Female
    Number of posts : 24
    Job/hobbies : Being with my Family. Crystals, Angels, Tarot
    Registration date : 2011-08-20

Post  loulou7309 Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:05 pm

Thank you Skye, I'm just experimenting at the minute with different music and am sometimes using short guided/visual meditations. I'm not sure I'm ready to join a group yet, there are some local to me but I feel happier on my own at present.
    feather
    feather

Female
    Number of posts : 1166
    Registration date : 2010-07-07

Post  feather Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:39 am

Loulou, I'd say...play it by 'ear' and do what you feel guided or drawn to do and then you will have a tailor made experience and you will find yourself enjoying and feeling the freedom of everything coming together for you.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:43 pm

loulou7309 wrote:Thank you Skye, I'm just experimenting at the minute with different music and am sometimes using short guided/visual meditations. I'm not sure I'm ready to join a group yet, there are some local to me but I feel happier on my own at present.

That's fine loulou, we should always listen to our own feelings when making decisions. It's good to hear you are more than happy to continue on your own , I wish you well.
    Beware_of_Italics
    Beware_of_Italics

Female
    Number of posts : 363
    Registration date : 2011-03-15

Post  Beware_of_Italics Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:39 pm

loulou, I'm on the exact same page as you right now. Can anyone recommend please? 15910 (Also want to learn how to play the guitar; saw that in your profile).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:32 pm