Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
jimrich
1antique
Aqua
Knight of Albion
RavenMoon
Cassy7
ameliorate
mayflow
jcam@sii
mac
SpiritVoices
feather
skye
gilly
Violet
19 posters

I had some 'door knockers' the other day

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

I had some 'door knockers' the other day - Page 2 Empty I had some 'door knockers' the other day

Post  Violet Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

I'm not sure which 'religion' they were as I didn't give them much chance, as soon as they said they were from 'such and such' a place, I said 'no thank you' and closed the door on them, it really annoys me when people think it's ok to come religiously harassing you at home, I wouldn't dream of knocking on a strangers' door and shoving my beliefs down their throat.I had some 'door knockers' the other day - Page 2 671114

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

BigJohn likes this post

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Aqua
    Aqua

Female
    Number of posts : 314
    Registration date : 2014-12-11

I had some 'door knockers' the other day - Page 2 Empty Re: I had some 'door knockers' the other day

Post  Aqua Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:03 am

Violet wrote:I'm not sure which 'religion' they were as I didn't give them much chance, as soon as they said they were from 'such and such' a place, I said 'no thank you' and closed the door on them, it really annoys me when people think it's ok to come religiously harassing you at home, I wouldn't dream of knocking on a strangers' door and shoving my beliefs down their throat.I had some 'door knockers' the other day - Page 2 671114

I also close the door on them. I feel the same way as you do.
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

I had some 'door knockers' the other day - Page 2 Empty Re: I had some 'door knockers' the other day

Post  1antique Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:01 am

What gets me is when a customer thinks it is alright to start pushing their beliefs on me...and won't quit even when I make it quite clear that me interests lie elsewhere. They know they have me trapped and I am unable to be rude and tell them in plain English to take their beliefs somewhere else.  :rage:
    jimrich

Number of posts : 50
    Registration date : 2017-05-20

I had some 'door knockers' the other day - Page 2 Empty Polite but not stupid

Post  jimrich Mon May 22, 2017 6:30 pm

Violet wrote:I'm not sure which 'religion' they were as I didn't give them much chance, as soon as they said they were from 'such and such' a place, I said 'no thank you' and closed the door on them, it really annoys me when people think it's ok to come religiously harassing you at home, I wouldn't dream of knocking on a strangers' door and shoving my beliefs down their throat.I had some 'door knockers' the other day - Page 2 671114
    I said 'no thank you' and closed the door on them
    LOL, same here!  I learned long ago not to try talking with them and Self Esteem allows me to POLITELY close the door.  They can no longer "shove" beliefs down my throat, like they did when I was an innocent child,  unless I let 'em.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Mon May 22, 2017 7:31 pm

December 2011
    DeniseMed2

Female
    Number of posts : 14
    Job/hobbies : Science, Crystals Healing, Paranormal
    Registration date : 2017-09-14

I had some 'door knockers' the other day - Page 2 Empty Polite discouragement

Post  DeniseMed2 Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:00 pm

My ex husband was a Jehovah's witness and he was extremely violent to me hence our marriage was short and he left me with our 9month old daughter. I, too like Jimrich had doorknockers in 2016  but it was my 18 year old daughter who answered the door. And she proceeded to tell them what her dad was like as he took us to court in 2006-2010 wanting permanent custody of a child, our daughter he had never seen. She also told them that her dad threatened her when she had an unsupervised visit with him and the emotional damage it caused to her and me...JH Witnesses now don't come to our door anymore !
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Number of posts : 1189
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

Post  Blueanchor Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:35 pm

Theres good and bad in everyone of us. I think that shutting the door on someone has somehow become socially acceptable if its someone that is a jehovahs witness. 

Im not suggesting that if someone knocks on the door, anyone is obliged to have a conversation with someone, but the dislike, prejudice or fear that makes it ok to shut doors in faces is about the door slammers reactions, not anything that the door knocker has done. 

I dont particularly like people collecting for charity knocking on doors, I dont think they should collect money that way, but I wonder how many spiritually interested people would think it acceptable for me to just shut the door in their faces? 

Ofcourse, I dont do that, I say... sorry, I already give to charity through direct debits... and I offer tge samevrespectful response to jehovah witnesses, gypsys ex cons and politicians.... because whether we like othee peoples views or not, they are human beings too.
    DeniseMed2

Female
    Number of posts : 14
    Job/hobbies : Science, Crystals Healing, Paranormal
    Registration date : 2017-09-14

I had some 'door knockers' the other day - Page 2 Empty Absolutely

Post  DeniseMed2 Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:59 pm

I'm with you on that one BlueAnchor, there is good & bad in everyone and responses should be respectful and polite. I have had the odd man at the door as he pointed out what needed to be done to the door and doorstep so I thanked and told him I will tell the council tome and make repairs on their property. :giggles:
    Aube Borealis

Female
    Number of posts : 117
    Registration date : 2017-07-05

Post  Aube Borealis Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:49 pm

I never shut doors at them. I entertain them, a woman even gave me a bible for free, I don't argue or debate with them I just tell them I cannot let go of my God who blesses me and they just left me smiling and so friendly like they gained a friend with a different belief.

BigJohn likes this post

Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Number of posts : 1189
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

Post  Blueanchor Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:41 am

Thats good to hear, perhaps times are changing.
    BigJohn
    BigJohn

Number of posts : 174
    Location : Gee.... I forgot again. Mother said to tell people "Over there!" but I cant remember being thare so I am not two sure about that.
    Job/hobbies : A. Eat food. B. Watch TV. C. On Forum. D. Go to A.
    Registration date : 2020-10-15

Post  BigJohn Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:09 am

I have not had visitors to my house within the last 10 years.
    I wonder why?

I have a wall around my property and it has NO TRESPASSING signs attached to it!

So what do I do? 
    Before COVID-19, some of these people would show up at our local McDonald's restaurant where we would discuss - - religion.
    What I have notices, especially with Jehovah's Witnesses, they use recited scripts. For example, they will tell you God's name Jehovah/Yahweh was not known till Exodus 6:3. If you will use their own Bible, the name Jehovah was first used at the beginning of the second creation account which is found at Genesis 2:4. They have a hard time reconciling this point.

There are a lot of other scriptures that can be used that are legitimate.

As for the Mormons, most of the Mormons of today can not relate to the Joseph Smith version of Mormonism and most of them have issues with the Hill of Cumorah, etc.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:01 pm