Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Karin
Violet
6 posters

Breathing

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Breathing Empty Breathing

Post  Violet Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:01 pm

How important is the way you breathe when meditating, is it better to take long deep breaths, or breath normally, what would you advise for those with breathing difficulties?

Do you know any exercises to assist deep breathing during meditation? Can deep breathing in meditation actually improve your health?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Karin
    Karin

Female
    Number of posts : 392
    Registration date : 2011-06-28

Breathing Empty Re: Breathing

Post  Karin Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:11 pm

For me it is the best don't thinking about breathing...

Otherwise I often get breathless.

"To let you breathe" is a phrase I prefer. Or "Life is breathing you."

Karin
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:15 pm

Violet wrote:How important is the way you breathe when meditating, is it better to take long deep breaths, or breath normally, what would you advise for those with breathing difficulties?

Do you know any exercises to assist deep breathing during meditation? Can deep breathing in meditation actually improve your health?

Taking too many long deep breaths could lead to experiencing dizziness or light headiness which I imagine could prevent people from carrying on.

When meditating my rhythm of breathing remains normal - for me - to ensure the session is comfortable from beginning to end. I have found diaphragmatic breathing is more helpful both in my meditations and under normal activities. Since using this method, I have noticed my health benefits. For one,and possible the main reason being, it makes it much easier to cope with illness when I become aware of what's happening to my body.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:05 am

They say for meditation one should take slow controlled breaths.... To me I find it distracting in meditation if I am paying attention to my breathing to being a certain way it is taking away from me letting go and being in stillness.
    feather
    feather

Female
    Number of posts : 1166
    Registration date : 2010-07-07

Post  feather Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:37 am

I find that concentrating on breathing a certain way puts me out of rhythm and I really do best when I leave the breathing on a subconscious level. I just become the watcher and let the mind wander...noticing any thoughts and pictures that come up...and let them pass.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:02 am

Some really interesting responses there thank you for sharing, I don't think anyone has said it helps keeps them focussed by concentrating on breathing.

feather
    feather

Female
    Number of posts : 1166
    Registration date : 2010-07-07

Post  feather Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:56 am

I think that doing conscious breathing is really boring for me...like I'm wasting the time when I could be noticing the words and pictures that are channelled to me.
    Topaz
    Topaz

Female
    Number of posts : 119
    Registration date : 2011-05-21

Post  Topaz Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:56 am

As I start to meditate, I concentrate on my breathing......it takes my mind off of wondering what to cook for tea etc. I slow and steady my breathing. As I drop into a deeper state, I'm told that my breathing becomes very slow indeed. Probably due to my body not needing as much oxygen as I'm all floopy.(technical term lol)
    I do have breathing problems, but it doesn't seem to make much difference - unless I have a coughing fit, which drags me back to reality quick smart lol.
    I love to meditate. I become totally unaware of my body and all of it's aches, pains and worries. I just become a disembodied brain floating in the vastness of the Universe. Breathing 348985
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:04 pm

As I start to meditate, I concentrate on my breathing......it takes my mind off of wondering what to cook for tea etc

Got to admit that's helped me sometimesBreathing 809779

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:41 pm