Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
1antique
Violet
6 posters

How many times

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

How many times Empty How many times

Post  Violet Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:34 am

do we 'come back' doesc anyone know or does it depend on the person? How many past lives are you aware of?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

How many times Empty Re: How many times

Post  1antique Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:48 am

I believe that we have come into the physical to grow spiritually...to attempt to become the perfect being that we are capable of being. This is not an easy process and impossible to accomplish in one lifetime...or even several lifetimes.

I think that the number of times we come back means nothing...it is how we grow and how fast we grow that has meaning. That is what determines how many times we return.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:18 pm

Can anyone grow enough in one life time do you think?

I don't want to come back :giggles:

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:56 am

I'm sure it could be possible... But we come here to learn, grow, and experience.. To do that all in the average lifetime of 75 years, if you are lucky, would be an action packed life.. And probably way to much to do at one time.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:10 am

I think it's possible too and there are people who are probably as evolved as they can be, the likes of Mother Theresa for example.

Nextmastermind
    Just joined

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2009-06-14

Post  Nextmastermind Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:27 am

IDK, I tend to focus on science so stuff like this can be hard to tell.
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:58 am

The big question is this:

How many times did the entity that is called Mother Theresa come back BEFORE see was able to actually become the physical person called Mother Theresa?

It could have taken her many lifetimes struggling through the reality of physicality to be able to progress to what she became. Or, she could have been sent (as were many other teachers) to us without having to progress through the learning/growing process.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:07 am

I would say in the instance of Mother Theresa that if she was not reincarnated plenty of times. She was then instructed, and trained very thoroughly on the mission she would be performing.

It's just interesting that some like her accomplish what they do, and yet so many are lost in this world. Why that there aren't more Mother Theresa's.
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:13 am

Maybe for the same reason their was only one Christ...or one Buddha. They were sent to light the way...to show us how to grow. They were special teachers. If there had been more of them, would they have been so special in our eyes? Would we have paid the attention that we have to them if they had been here by the hundreds instead of only one or two?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:38 am

Good points. :asmile:

There are many 'unsung heroes' out there too who work tirelessly and very quietly in the background doing just as much, I wonder why certain ones become recognised whereas others don't

1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:52 am

Because they were meant to be recognized.

They brought a special light into the physical world, teaching us in ways we could understand and, in turn, teach others.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:55 am

Yeah I think you're right and those such as mother theresa weren't affected by being recognised, others may be :asmile:

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:08 am

The one thing about this topic that irks me is the learning part.. We come here to learn and experience.. Well to me that sounds like something that could never end. An almost infinite loop of learning, and growing.

Sounds kind of tedious.
    Soaring Bird
    Soaring Bird

Male
    Number of posts : 1225
    Job/hobbies : Guitar
    Registration date : 2009-07-14

How many times Empty Learning

Post  Soaring Bird Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:28 am

Hi IL,
    Its only until we reach assencion when we truly return to the spirit form we came from. Though this may take many, many lifetimes. Think of every experience you have had in your life then multiply that by half the world population. Thats probably somewhere near the amount of experiences we need to learn.
    Those who are easily offended : Please read no more.
    Once there was rumoured to be a man who did great things. He was a Healer. He fed the starving by turning water to wine and excuse my ignorance but something into fish\bread. Now, The Romans saw him as some sort of witch. Though I dont believe Witchcraft was ever mentioned it amounted to the same thing. They killed him.
    They killed him through fear. Fear that the word would spread and there religious following and power would be destroyed.
    When this mans followers went to retrieve his body from his tomb. It was no longer there. Never found. Ever.
    This raises a few questions, Was Jesus the first named Witch to be killed for his psychic abilities and gifts? And, I hear you ask, for those that are still reading, How come the rest of our human bodies dont dissapear. How often do we go back after they have been entombed to check on that. Not every one of them would dissapear. Because, not every one of them, like Jesus, had reached assencion.Some may have but for the rest of us including myself, will have to return to continue our learnings.
    Just a personal opinion, though no doubt controversial to some. To those some I apologise. IL I hope this can help you understand our way of thinking.
    Much Love and Light :treehug:
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:35 am

It is interesting, and I have heard of it before, including the bit on Jesus, but not the part about the witch. More in line of him being an ascended master being able to leave and return to the physical plane at will. Taking his body with him.

Now this ascension thing. Is that a one shot deal. You reach ascension, and that is it. Does it take many ascensions to finally reach one's destination so to speak?

Can you ascend more than one? Funny they are questions you never really see when talking about ascension. Just that you look to ascend.
    Soaring Bird
    Soaring Bird

Male
    Number of posts : 1225
    Job/hobbies : Guitar
    Registration date : 2009-07-14

How many times Empty Hi IL,

Post  Soaring Bird Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:47 pm

That is the question, is that our final destination assencion from this planet. But what about other planets, life forms, thier experiences. If all, and everything is from the one source. Is these lifetimes on this planet just some of the steps?. The numbers we used earlier for rough calculation of experiences if we did that again for planets not just in our solar system but beyond our knowledge and taking that space is infinite. The number of experiences to reach assencion has become. . .Wow, IL we are going to live forever. Many different life forms but forever.
    Reason I had to come back on the site this morning is; And this is bizzarely true : I opened the curtains to see a crowd of people across the road just gathering on the pavement. They had leaflets in thier hand. Going to a Wedding? A Funeral? No. No black on. Then what ? ? ?
    Five minutes later the door goes, It was the religious people handing out leaflets. Front of the leaflets was Jesus.Now that is a sign! I politely told them I was Wiccan but I believed we all come from the one source and they left. They didnt have a clue what Wicca was, anyway, if I hadnt had the kids in I would have brought them in to discuss this. I had something like this happen a few years back on the same subject but I was in the middle of painting the room at the time. I asked them to come back because I wanted to discuss it and hear thier views. I know they are not very open views but it may have been an intersesting discussion. They never came back. Pity!
    Point being. If this is a sign. What is it telling me. To learn more? I am wrong about Jesus? What?
    Hugs :treehug:
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:54 pm

Morning SB,

Hope all is well... Very interesting. It is also something I have thought about before. Is if we ascend from say planet Earth, and then go onto another planet, and keep repeat the ascension process, and keep on going. It would seem very daunting, and almost seem to be a never ending cycle or learning and growing.

Interesting about the religious group outside of your house. They are increasing these days. For they feel the prophecy of Armageddon is coming into fruition. Maybe it was a sign for you. To learn somethings about Jesus, but maybe not in the normal religious sense. Or it could of just been a coincidence. Hard to say. Go with your gut, I suppose.
    Carolyn
    Carolyn

Female
    Number of posts : 541
    Job/hobbies : Writing, singing, and not wasting a moment of every day I wake up.
    Registration date : 2009-09-01

Post  Carolyn Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:59 pm

I don't get the whole ascension thing. I remember 7 lifetimes, I'm sure there are tons more that I don't remember because I don't need to take information from them to help me now. What bugs me is the process of ascending after reaching a divine state from all the experiences in all the lifetimes. In my mind, I see ascending to another planet as actually a population from Earth leaving the planet in the future and moving to another planet close by, so that we can continue to survive. Not like the ascension that Daniel Jackson got on Stargate SG-1 (one of my all time favorite shows) where he didn't really die, he went to a higher plan of existence then came back, twice I think, because his soul was wise. I try to weigh and balance my scientific mind with my spiritual mind. But whatever the case may be, I hope I keep coming back. I want to help in the transition period.
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:38 pm

Carolyn

My question is this.....do any of us actually reach a divine state after experiencing all of these lifetimes? Or, is it a continuous effort to reach that plateau, with each successive lifetime bringing us closer to that goal?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content