Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
shayn
Beware_of_Italics
SpiritVoices
Violet
8 posters

Posing as a guide?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Posing as a guide? Empty Posing as a guide?

Post  Violet Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:32 pm

Have you ever known of or experienced a spirit who has posed as a guide and then caused havoc?

How easy is it for such spirits to do this?

Do you even think it's possible?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Posing as a guide? Empty Re: Posing as a guide?

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:55 pm

Something I am not sure of,Violet but would be interested to read any replies.
    :blush:
    Beware_of_Italics
    Beware_of_Italics

Female
    Number of posts : 363
    Registration date : 2011-03-15

Post  Beware_of_Italics Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:18 pm

I have enough trouble trusting some people so the same goes for spirits. (I find skepticism quite healthy). Our personalities after death don't often change, so if they were liars while living I could see them doing the same after death. I definitely think it's possible, but I would hope our own guides.. if we do have them.. would do their best to kick those spirits to the curb.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:23 pm

Skepticism is healthy, and like you I believe we retain our personality on the otherside.

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:58 pm

That where we are made aware of our 'short comings' from the physical world.
    :blush:
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:04 pm

my mum used to say to me: " if someone tells you to jump off the roof- will you do that?"
    here goes the same logic: spirits can tell you many things use your better judgement before doing.

yes, i know, sometimes you just must trust even if things doesn't add up or make sense to you, but even in such situations you can apply some good logic and for sure take responsibility over your actions and words.

my thoughts

S
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:25 am

I used to get told similar things ShaynPosing as a guide? 809779 and you're right it is down to us to be sensible.

iScorpio
    iScorpio

Male
    Number of posts : 77
    Job/hobbies : Student; Psychic Sensitive, & Medium- Clairvoyant, Clairaudient, and Clairsentient.
    Registration date : 2012-02-27

Posing as a guide? Empty RE: Posing as a guide

Post  iScorpio Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:06 am

I think this is possible. I've came across Ghosts who posed as something they weren't.. that's why I use a lot of protection.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:48 pm

Violet wrote:Have you ever known of or experienced a spirit who has posed as a guide and then caused havoc?

How easy is it for such spirits to do this?

Do you even think it's possible?

As you already know, Violet, I can be found in various forums, on several websites, where I have often responded to members who describe their 'guides' and what they learn from them.

On your last question, I've reached the conclusion that it's very easy to pose as a guide with individuals who have little understanding about the role of a guide and often little spiritual understanding generally. I haven't read about any actually causing havoc but I have read accounts of individuals being deeply influenced by their contacts. Certainly those who write about their lives tell some disconcerting stories of what their assumed guides tell them.

Who knows what might be happening away from the public eye?
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:23 pm

Only minutes after writing my earlier posting I was pulled up short and it was pointed out that I DID know of at least two instances where close friends experienced havoc in their lives as a result of following what their so-called guides had told them....

In both instances their marriages failed and homes broke up with major financial consequences. One might say that happens all the time but from what I know it was the outcome of behaviour influenced by discarnates. I usually pull a mental curtain over those times because I was greatly affected emotionally and lost several friends.

So I need to correct what I said. Yes, I do know of such cases but I wish I didn't. Posing as a guide? 132756513
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:51 pm

The question is now...how do we know which guides are genuine and which are not?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:09 pm

Hi Mac I read something someone weote on a site once, they claimed their guide had physically abused them, that was obviously not a guide.

In both instances their marriages failed and homes broke up with major financial consequences. One might say that happens all the time but from what I know it was the outcome of behaviour influenced by discarnates. I usually pull a mental curtain over those times because I was greatly affected emotionally and lost several friends.

This is truly awful I feel for them and you as their friend.

That's a good question Joanie, and I know for a fact that newcomers to all of this, (I was one myself oncePosing as a guide? 809779 ) are very keen (just as I was,) to accept a 'guide' without question, I was lucky, no guide came forward for MANY years though at the time it really frustrated me.Posing as a guide? 160943

I know my guide and I know I can trust him completely, I have also had concrete evidence of who he is Posing as a guide? 821538

But we don't always get evidence straight away, perhaps we should start as with any relationship, take time getting to know them a little, no true guide will make you feel uncomfortable, embarrassed, angry, unhappy or anything negative, they will not ask you to do anything which makes you feel any of those things, nor will they tell you secrets about others or give you any cause for concern in anyway

If you feel ANYTHING amiss with a so called guide however slight it is probably not a guide at all.

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:26 pm

I am asking because I had an experience last night.

Was feeling rather down so was up at 3am this morning,with cuppa in my hand. (tea!Posing as a guide? 160943 ).

Went back to bed and just as dropping off to sleep,as normal,I 'saw' a youngish man,aged about in his 40's,walk over towards me,sit down,hold his arms out and gave me the most comforting hug.

He was tall and dark haired with a beautiful smile.

This man I have never seen before,first visit ever.

Now I am wondering who he was.

Joanie xx
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:28 pm

Joanie I have a strong feeling you knew this man many years ago when he was younger. I'm hearing the name Adam or Adams

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:02 pm

Um,that's interesting,Violet.

My daughter's surname is Adams but her hubby is still very much alive.

But considering the 'work' scene,I am trying to remember working with an Adam. Thanks for that,Violet,much appreciated.

Will be back on this topic if I remember.

Posing as a guide? 21581
    Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 887
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:46 pm

Posing as a guide? 28115 You can normally tell the difference between your guide or someone who says he is by the vibration, the feeling you get with your guide will be totally different than anyone else, thats what ive found anyway

Namaste
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:15 pm

That's certainly true if we're used to sensing different spirits but for someone who isn't it could be quite difficult I thinkPosing as a guide? 15910

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:16 pm

No worries Joanie.

TheShark
    TheShark

Male
    Number of posts : 25
    Registration date : 2012-02-03

Posing as a guide? Empty free will

Post  TheShark Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:57 am

I can't speak for other cultural beliefs, only my own. Where I'm from we have a large respect for the old religion, not many still practice but all who live there abide by the old laws. Even those not of the blood, or immigrants we all have a heavy respect.
    In my culture you are born into one or more guides, with a possibility to be grandfathered into more, even immigrants if they show respect to the old ways.
    Where I'm from if a spirit requests one to act against the free will of another, or to do harm to another that DOES respect the old ways then its evil and ultimately in death you will serve them(well untill a stronger force eats the master but that's for another time).
    Many people make pacts with spirits, or they used to. Not necessarily bad, just to serve one cause or another.

I guess what I'm trying to say if be wary of the requests/bargains you strike, and be sure who or what your striking it with.

Power to some may be child's play to another, and when you take sides it follows your bloodline.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:30 am