Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Native spirit
Violet
SpiritVoices
shayn
illen
9 posters

Something I want to share

illen
    illen

Female
    Number of posts : 21
    Registration date : 2012-05-02

Something I want to share Empty Something I want to share

Post  illen Sun May 06, 2012 9:34 pm

I don't have any experience in mediumship or anything having to do with it. I've always been surrounded by Christians and identified myself as one of them. Just very recently I realized that I do believe in God, the greater good and love that comes from a higher level, but I don't believe in the traditional Christian doctrins.
    I don't see Bible as the word of God, even though it has a lot of wisdom in it, especially the things that Jesus said.

To get to my point: I am afraid of contacting people in the spirit world. Christianity is very strict about this and trying to contact the spirit world is forbidden. Christianity also teaches that if you manage to reach your deceased love one, it's not actually him, but an evil spirit that will speak in the voice of your loved one. This sounds horrific to me and I have successfully been threatened away from interfering with the spirit world.

I don't have an overwhelming need to talk to people on the other side, but sometimes I feel I need a proof that there is afterlife. Also, my uncle was brutally murdered when I was 6 months old and it was devastating to my grandfather, who passed away a few years ago. Sometimes I feel like I'd like to hear that they are together and happy.
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Something I want to share Empty Re: Something I want to share

Post  shayn Sun May 06, 2012 10:16 pm

illen it sounds to me that what you really want is to have a long talk with a medium who will channel spirits for you so you can have your proof.
    you don't need to do this yourself i mean to become a medium.

s
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Sun May 06, 2012 10:32 pm

I have just been discussing this with other people who are friends.

This is quite common with churches of other denominations.

Primarily,Catholic,C of E etc.

Spiritualism is a different game altogether and may not be directly linked to any religion at all.

It is in one way a religion,a religion of it's own,if you would wish to call it that.

It is to do with knowledge of an after life and proof of that life.

The afterlife proves that after the physical body dies,the spirit does not.

I will leave that with you.

Something I want to share 21581

Joanie
    illen
    illen

Female

Post  illen Sun May 06, 2012 10:39 pm

Thank you for the replies, but my problem is the fear that is it terribly wrong to try and talk to the deceased loved ones and something bad happens if you do.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Sun May 06, 2012 10:47 pm

Hi Illen, you can be a Christian and believe in spirits too.

Spiritualism is classed as a religion, but there are also Christian Spiritualists this could be a way for you to embrace both.

It isn't wrong to speak with our loved ones in spirit i'm sure god would not allow this if it were wrong and Jesus himself communicated with spirits didn't he?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Sun May 06, 2012 10:51 pm

illen, it is your right to think this way or have such fear. and it can be only you and your choice if to speak with spirits. as for myself i can tell you what i believe in as i speak with spirits. spirits want to speak to you - to loved ones here, and when a spirit come forward to speak it brings so much peace for both sides. i don't think it is right to evoke spirits, and to demand a spirit to come forward - actually it think it is wrong to evoke a spirit, but when a spirit comes forward from its own free will and a wish to contact the love ones whom left here, there is no wrong about that and no harm can be made or become on any part. but this is what i believe in. and you need to find what is right for you.
    one other thing: there are many ways to get answers and have a proof. if contacting spirits is not fine by you, maybe you will never hear that your family members are together at spirit world, but you can find a proof for life after death. just ask whatever you believe in to provide you with such proof and keep open, answers come in many ways.

S
    illen
    illen

Female

Post  illen Sun May 06, 2012 11:04 pm

Shayn, how do you know it when spirits are willing to come forward and speak to us?
    And do spirits speak in the same language than they did here on earth, or are they completely free of language barriers?
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Sun May 06, 2012 11:38 pm

how do i know they are free to come.. because i don't call upon them or upon a specific name but i keep myself open and quiet and listen, i just declare that those who wishes to come, and that are coming from love and light are wellcome, and they come. simple as that.

language barriers: yes and no, see it is combination of the medium and spirit. communication at least for me is not allways verbal sometimes spirit show me images, smell, pictures, not allways words, sometimes i hear unclear language - i can ask the spirit to talk to me in a language i understand, sometimes they do sometimes they don't. sometimes i know i get a message but i just can't figure what the message is. i'm not a great medium sadly, maybe one day, i feel, and i can talk only about myself that the limitations are mine, maybe i'm not open enough, maybe i don't know to understand things well, so when communication is not perfect i take it to be my limitations then the spirit's.

hope this helps

s
    Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 887
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit Mon May 07, 2012 6:12 pm

Something I want to share 350287 Hey Illen

Christians believe the bible word for word psalm to psalm. but when it says jesur rose from the dead they dont want to believe, as far as im concerned christiand born christiand cof e , they are all the same if its in the bible its true

until as i say ,you get to a part they cont like, spiritulism is a religeon. christians etc tell you you are wrong in having conntact with the passed loved ones, well they are wrong, i was born seeing spirit hearing them and speaking with them, according to the christians i know im evil. but thats there opinion not mine,

Namaste
    RavenMoon
    RavenMoon

Female
    Number of posts : 585
    Job/hobbies : fulltime and lots of interests
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  RavenMoon Mon May 07, 2012 8:51 pm

People really want to understand the difference between religious and spiritual.Spirituality is something internal.Religion is something external.

If you are spiritual person, you can see the truth in all religions. This is the reason that the some christian people are travelling to different countries to explore the truth and concepts in the religions.
    If you are spiritual minded, you can enjoy all the good concepts provided by all religions in this world. All are different paths to the same goal.
    All religions stem from the same source.

It is better to be spiritual and see the divine light from all angels rather than attaching to a single religion and be narrowly focused. Universe is based on the wholeness concept.It is a like a single flower of God. All religions are just petals in this single flower.You can enjoy the freshness of the whole flower instead of just smelling one petal.
    Stay well friend. :ghug:
    gilly
    gilly

Male
    Number of posts : 851
    Job/hobbies : Writing Sci/Fi and Fantasy
    Registration date : 2011-11-11

Post  gilly Mon May 07, 2012 11:13 pm

illen wrote:I don't have any experience in mediumship or anything having to do with it. I've always been surrounded by Christians and identified myself as one of them.

I was in my late 40's before i knew anything about mediums, clairevoyance etc. I was brought up in a 'christian' tradition which taught that all spirits were evil.

Just very recently I realized that I do believe in God, the greater good and love that comes from a higher level, but I don't believe in the traditional Christian doctrins.

I became a rebel and challenged doctrine as well as the clear anomolies in the Bible. I challenged my RE teacher--Why will the members of tribes remote from civilization not be saved? The answer was not to my liking -the damnation of innocents is clearly 'WRONG'.

I don't see Bible as the word of God, even though it has a lot of wisdom in it, especially the things that Jesus said.

The Bible is so full of contradictions, I am amazed at how some follow it so closely. I have only come to accept the teachings of Jesus since finding spirit!!! How amazing is that! Christian churches and their doctrines pushed me away from him--but the discovery of spirit showed me what a great man and great 'healer' he was.

To get to my point: I am afraid of contacting people in the spirit world. Christianity is very strict about this and trying to contact the spirit world is forbidden.

Of course it is very strict about this--they want you to follow their way-even though it is not fully truthful.

Christianity also teaches that if you manage to reach your deceased love one, it's not actually him, but an evil spirit that will speak in the voice of your loved one. This sounds horrific to me and I have successfully been threatened away from interfering with the spirit world.

There are mischievious spirits--the character we have in life generally continues into the next world. I have yet to experience an 'evil' spirit. With proper guidance and training it is possible to protect yourself from the spirits that do not have your best interests at heart. Your loved ones will communicate with them -but you have to let them-it is your choice NOT theirs.

I don't have an overwhelming need to talk to people on the other side, but sometimes I feel I need a proof that there is afterlife. Also, my uncle was brutally murdered when I was 6 months old and it was devastating to my grandfather, who passed away a few years ago. Sometimes I feel like I'd like to hear that they are together and happy.

The sugestion of going through a medium is a good one. May i also suggest you look around for a 'CHRISTIAN SPIRITUALIST CHURCH' I have had the good fortune to have attended two such churches and for me they blend together spiritualism and the ideals of christianity as taught by Jesus.

PPLLnL

Peter
    feather
    feather

Female
    Number of posts : 1166
    Registration date : 2010-07-07

Post  feather Tue May 08, 2012 12:50 am

RavenMoon wrote:People really want to understand the difference between religious and spiritual.Spirituality is something internal.Religion is something external.

If you are spiritual person, you can see the truth in all religions. This is the reason that the some christian people are travelling to different countries to explore the truth and concepts in the religions.
    If you are spiritual minded, you can enjoy all the good concepts provided by all religions in this world. All are different paths to the same goal.
    All religions stem from the same source.

It is better to be spiritual and see the divine light from all angels rather than attaching to a single religion and be narrowly focused. Universe is based on the wholeness concept.It is a like a single flower of God. All religions are just petals in this single flower.You can enjoy the freshness of the whole flower instead of just smelling one petal.
    Stay well friend. Something I want to share 577431

I like the way you said that RavenMoon. A happy way to think of it.Something I want to share 28115
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Wed May 16, 2012 12:42 am

illen wrote:Thank you for the replies, but my problem is the fear that is it terribly wrong to try and talk to the deceased loved ones and something bad happens if you do.

illen

I very much doubt the words people say here including myself, will have much influence over your religious background, particularly if it is deeply embedded since childhood. It is difficult to take that first step away from ones faith through feelings of fear of believing it's wrong. People have, without having experienced anything bad taking place. But, they are not you! Yet, by their experiences you can possibly learn to let go bit by bit until the times comes when you can accept what is relevant and truth to you on a personal level.

Spirit side teachers say, if love exists between us, we will find ourselves in the company of our loved ones in the afterlife. Hopefully this will bring a little reassurance to you concerning your own family members.

Spirit beings communicate by thought. They may have spoken a different language on the earth plane but when they communicate through a medium their thoughts come through in a language the medium will understand. For instance, it would be a waste of time and effort for a German male to communicate to his German wife through a British medium, unless she could speak German.

I must say though it is the people living in the spirit world who make contact with the mediums here, it doesn't work the other way round.

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed May 16, 2012 10:10 pm

I agree with Skye it will be hard to let go of that fear, but you've taken a big step already by coming to this forum and speaking to people who do communicate with the 'dead,' has anything bad occured?Something I want to share 821538

illen
    illen

Female

Post  illen Fri May 18, 2012 1:35 pm

Thank you for all the replies!
    Violet, you are right; nothing bad has happened :)
    The fear is rooted pretty deep and maybe trying to talk with the deceased ones is not for me, but at least I know that the bonds we form and the love we share in this life, continues even after death :)
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri May 18, 2012 11:39 pm

The fear is rooted pretty deep and maybe trying to talk with the deceased ones is not for me, but at least I know that the bonds we form and the love we share in this life, continues even after death :)

Hopefully, over time that fear will decrease.Something I want to share 15910

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 8:03 pm