Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Well that's a first at this house!

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Well that's a first at this house! Empty Well that's a first at this house!

Post  Violet Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:53 am

I just heard an owl :stars:

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Well that's a first at this house! Empty Re: Well that's a first at this house!

Post  Crystal Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:56 am

We have lots of owls here :) They often toot and hoot and have night long conversations or arguments lol. Owl is a symbol of wisdom, that all seeing wisdom, just knowing, :)
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:43 pm

It's too built up here for owls, i'd love to move

Rainbow
    Rainbow

Female
    Number of posts : 1292
    Job/hobbies : Job; playing with my dogs. Hobbies; playing with my dogs lol
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  Rainbow Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:21 am

Come and live next door to me! We've had foxes, badgers, owls and recently either a rat or a mouse squeaking through next doors rubbish!
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:36 am

i'd love to live somewhere like that..hopefully..one day...

Rainbow
    Rainbow

Female
    Number of posts : 1292
    Job/hobbies : Job; playing with my dogs. Hobbies; playing with my dogs lol
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  Rainbow Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:52 am

Is it just round here or are the birds chirping a lot earlier than normal everywhere? I heard birds chirping away at 3 am ish the othe morning. It was one night I was up on flood duty. I was amazed! I didn't think they rose untlil the sun came up Well that's a first at this house! 588401
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:45 am

Same here, I meant to post about it, I hear them from 1am onwards and they keep it up ALL night, it makes a nice change from drunks singing out of tune, or worse, arguing Well that's a first at this house! 809779

mia
    mia

Female
    Number of posts : 1741
    Job/hobbies : Carer Support Worker
    Registration date : 2009-07-27

Post  mia Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:51 pm

Me too!
    The nights I cannot sleep, I hear them thru til 3/4am!
    I read somewhere its cos of the street lights, I live near a roundabout,a large one.
    The lights make them think its sunrise.
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:30 pm

Violet wrote:I just heard an owl Well that's a first at this house! 449294

Hello

We have the Great Horned one's here. WONDERFUL creatue. Our roof peek is very high and one sits there some nights. When we lived more rural we had one on the roof that we could look out the window and see. It would just look at us and be at peace.
    OWL
    * Keen sight into obscure events
    * Clairvoyance, astral projection, Magick
    * A messenger of hidden truth, secrets and omens.
    SUPERSTITIONS
    * If you look into an Owl’s nest, you will be unhappy the rest of your life
    * In Whales they say that if an Owl hoots around houses, an unmarried girl has lost her virginity

Lynn
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:31 pm

Sorry Lynn, I must have missed this before..they sound llovely i'm going to google one Well that's a first at this house! 821538

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:32 pm

Is this the one Lynn?

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Great_Horned_Owl/id?gclid=CJnm1NLZzKcCFdFX4QodMVXiDA

Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:43 am

Violet wrote:Is this the one Lynn?

[url=http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Great_Horned_Owl/id?gclid=CJnm1NLZzKcCFdFX4QodMVXiDA
    http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Great_Horned_Owl/id?gclid=CJnm1NLZzKcCFdFX4QodMVXiDA[/quote[/url]]

Hello

Yes that is one. They are very beautiful and too very loud at night.

When I lived rural we had just above our property the old railway tunnels and we had bats that would come out at Sunset. They would really keep down the insects, then just after dark the Owls would come out. We boardered on Park Land so we had a lot of wildlife.

Lynn
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:06 am

Hi Lynn i'd love to live in a place like that, I also love bats I think they're lovely creatures. I'd swap a noisy owl for noisy drunks any day Well that's a first at this house! 809779

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:59 am