Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

May he journey well

Wisa'ka
    Wisa'ka

Male
    Number of posts : 285
    Registration date : 2012-03-26

May he journey well Empty May he journey well

Post  Wisa'ka Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:04 am

Instead of White Feather, Silver Birch and other supposed ancestors that European people claim to channel, we tend to hold truly our own close to heart.

Russell Means Oglala Lakota and Indian activist died early Monday, October 22, 2012 at his Porcupine South Dakota home.

Sad news indeed. We exchanged letters in the late 70s and I will always be inspired by his words and admire his courage.

Means is best remembered as one of the American Indian Movement(AIM) leaders who seized the Mayflower II on Thanksgiving Day 1970, the occupation of Mount Rushmore in 1972 along with the takeover of Washington DC’s Bureau of Indian Affairs. In 1973 He and Objibwe Dennis Banks along with a few hundred Indians were responsible for the armed takeover and occupation of Wounded Knee in response to Oglala president Dick Wilson’s heavy handed rule, misappropriation of tribal annuities and mistreatment of fellow tribal members. Surrounded by FBI agents and state police Banks, Means and other AIM members held out for over two months bringing national attention to the conditions at Pine Ridge Reservation.

Up until his death Russell Means has been an advocate for Indian rights as well as all indigenous people even working with the United Nations establishing offices for the International Indian Treaty Council.

In 2007 Means and other Indian activist leaders proclaimed that thousands of square miles in what is now Nebraska, Wyoming, Montana, North and South Dakota, the Republic of Lakotah and declared it as a sovereign nation no longer beholden to the tribal governments set in place by the United States government.

Russell Means heart was with the people and he will be missed by many. May he journey well.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

May he journey well Empty Re: May he journey well

Post  Violet Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:03 pm

I'm sorry for your loss Wisa'ka, he sounds like a special man.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Wisa'ka
    Wisa'ka

Male

Post  Wisa'ka Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:24 pm

It is good he no longer suffers and now he joins his relations and other strong hearts in the world of spirits.

Fear not and do anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OogpaJhkGxU
    Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 887
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:01 am

May he journey well 348985Yes i was told that russell means had passed away ,a few native ppl that i speak of mentioned him he was an inspiritonal man,and more ppl should do what he did.

Namaste
    Wisa'ka
    Wisa'ka

Male

Post  Wisa'ka Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:02 pm

Native spirit wrote:May he journey well 348985Yes i was told that russell means had passed away ,a few native ppl that i speak of mentioned him he was an inspiritonal man,and more ppl should do what he did.

Namaste

When people do what he did they often run afoul of the powers that be. It happens even on internet forums :)
    Wisa'ka
    Wisa'ka

Male

Post  Wisa'ka Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:48 pm

millergrls
    millergrls

Female
    Number of posts : 1385
    Job/hobbies : Dispatcher
    Registration date : 2012-11-02

Post  millergrls Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:45 pm

Sorry for the loss, he sounds as if he was a truly special man who did a lot of good. His souls soars now and he is a peace. May he journey well 348985

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:35 am