Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

visualisation, meditation and ego

millergrls
    millergrls

Female
    Number of posts : 1385
    Job/hobbies : Dispatcher
    Registration date : 2012-11-02

visualisation, meditation and ego Empty visualisation, meditation and ego

Post  millergrls Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:22 pm

in order to meditate and become one with your intuitive self you need to let go of your ego and block it. visualisation helps you with this, but don't you use your ego to visualize? How do you block your ego and sucessfully visualize?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

visualisation, meditation and ego Empty Re: visualisation, meditation and ego

Post  Violet Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:37 pm

Hmmm.......in my opinion I think the word ego is bandied about far too frequently and can become a block in itself as too much time is spent worrying about it, as far as i'm concerned the ego is a very human part of us, it can be big or small but it is a part of our human selves so why try to block or deny what we are, we are human after all.
    Sitting in meditation trying to block out anythingdetracts from the meditation, in my opinion,allow thoughts to come into your mind about anything but let them go away again too don't latch onto them, it will get easier and easier to do this especially if you are using visualisation within the meditation, as eventually you will discipline your mind to focus on the visualisation rather than the mental clutter.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:36 pm

why blocking your ego? how would you function in your daily life if you block your ego?
    only you don't need to let your ego control you and lead you but be aware of it and use it when you need it and keep it out of the way when not in need of it.

like violet said, while in meditation just accept whatever comes and don't hold on to it but let it go, calm your brain, but not by controlling and blocking but by accepting and letting go.

whatever you do, in my opinion don't try to block anything, whatever is being blocked has a tendency to pop out again and hit hard. when and if, let it go, but don't block.

S
    millergrls
    millergrls

Female

Post  millergrls Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Thanks for this! I have been working so hard at freeing my mind during mediation and feeling nothing but frustration and failure. But to know that it is ok for thoughts to come through as long as they leave again, I feel much better. i am going to start working on guided meditation. I think that this is a good place to start for myself. But thankyou so much, I was really feeling unsucessful and know now that I am doing this correctly. Thank you so much. HUGE SMILEY FACEvisualisation, meditation and ego 348985
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:14 am

hi Mary

Guided meditation is a good place to start, as it keeps you focus. you can also have a not guided meditation while looking at a candle flame - yes, thoughts may come and go but once again your focus is on the candle and it really helps.
    one more thing, it takes time, sometimes years till you can really free your mind from thoughts.. as with everything, it is practice and more practice.

either way, no control and no blocking ...

have a great weekend

s
    millergrls
    millergrls

Female

Post  millergrls Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:14 pm

You too Shayn. And once again thanks!
    angelman
    angelman

Male
    Number of posts : 67
    Job/hobbies : Spiritual Teacher
    Registration date : 2012-09-12

Post  angelman Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:46 pm

Hi Mary
    If you hold the thought that you need the ego as a tool and see it as useful on your journey back to light. I treat mine like it's a child demanding constant attention, I dont let it rule over me, but let it help me, so you could start a meditation by saying to your ego self "we are going on a journey just sit back and see what happens" that better then trying to fight or control it. Here's a couple of meditations you might like to try.
    http://www.paulwilliams.ie/meditations/meditation.html
    millergrls
    millergrls

Female

Post  millergrls Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:38 pm

Thank you angelman! I will definately check those out! I really appreciate it! visualisation, meditation and ego 56455

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:46 pm