Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Hi! I'm Will

WillDavies
    WillDavies
    Just joined

Male
    Number of posts : 3
    Job/hobbies : Blogger
    Registration date : 2013-02-18

Hi! I'm Will Empty Hi! I'm Will

Post  WillDavies Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:34 pm

Hello My name is Will, just introducing myself!

I was set on my spiritual path at an early age, I was diagnosed with Crohns disease at the age of 12 which ignited an introspective side to me. I spent a lot of time thinking about life and sponging knowledge to help me on my spiritual path.

I hope to meet some new, like minded people here! And to share with you all some things i have learnt along the way too.

millergrls
    millergrls

Female
    Number of posts : 1385
    Job/hobbies : Dispatcher
    Registration date : 2012-11-02

Hi! I'm Will Empty Re: Hi! I'm Will

Post  millergrls Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:11 am

Hi Will! It is nice to meet you! Looking forward to some great discussions. Tell us a little bit about your spiritual path.
    SeaCharms
    SeaCharms

Female
    Number of posts : 197
    Job/hobbies : Tarot cards, My Cats
    Registration date : 2012-06-15

Post  SeaCharms Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:00 am

Hello Will

Welcome to the forum! :)
    WillDavies
    WillDavies
    Just joined

Male
    Number of posts : 3
    Job/hobbies : Blogger
    Registration date : 2013-02-18

Post  WillDavies Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:36 am

Thanks SeaCharms!

Thanks Millergrls!

Well I come from a diverse family, my mum is a hindu and my dad is a christian so i was never really forced to believe in any specific religion. I was given the freedom of choice to believe in what i wanted. When I was 12 i went through a lot with Crohn's disease and because I was home all the time I become an introvert, and that is where my journey of spiritual development started. My parents took me to a naturopath who taught me how to meditate, relax and enjoy life. I was extremely wound up as a kid because of the crohns and not having any methods in place to help deal with it all.

I become a sponge for knowledge and had a passion to learn more about spirituality I read books, attended seminars, volunteered at the Hare Krishna temple and listened to audios from spiritual leaders such as the Dalai Lama, Dr Wayne Dyer, Deepak Chopra and Eckhart Tolle. I immersed myself in meditation and subliminal audios, and learnt how to deal with my Crohns and life in general.

At the age of 19 i had an intestinal resection to remove the crohns; luckily it was only confined into one area of my large intestines. The surgeon said it was the worst he had ever seen, alot of people aren't as lucky and have crohns riddled all over their intestines. The surgery was successful, I am 25 years old now and no longer take medications and have never felt better!

I am so grateful for the way my life has gone, even though from 12yrs - 19yrs old was the darkest period of my life because of depression; I wouldn't trade it in for the world.

It has set me on my spiritual path and made me the person I am today.

That is basically my story in a tiny tiny nut shell lol, I'd love to hear more about your spiritual journey.
    cleisis
    cleisis

Female
    Number of posts : 47
    Job/hobbies : Reiki,readings,care giver,runes,oracles,crystals..
    Registration date : 2013-03-01

Post  cleisis Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:39 pm

Nice meeting you! Bless you..
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:20 am

Great to meet you Will, Crohns is difficult to live with as an adult, it must have been very difficult as a child it is good to hear you feel well now :bfs:

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:26 pm