Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Protection as a Spiritual Practice

angelman
    angelman

Male
    Number of posts : 67
    Job/hobbies : Spiritual Teacher
    Registration date : 2012-09-12

Protection as a Spiritual Practice Empty Protection as a Spiritual Practice

Post  angelman Wed May 15, 2013 1:10 pm

Protection as a Spiritual Practice

Protection

I want to look at the notion or concept of protection from a spiritual point of view and also from a human perception. From a human perception it is wise to protect your person and property from those that would do you harm and seek to take what does not belong to them, however the same does not apply to spirit. From a spiritual point of view the notion of protection is nonexistent as spirit shares itself with itself and cannot diminish or deny that function as to do so would be entertaining the thought of, and an act of, separation.

When I first started going to spiritual awareness groups over twenty years ago, I would have been told to ask and I also read about asking spirit guides and angels for protection and also to open and close my own aura or energy field, which I did for a number of years, however as I was learning and growing and my spiritual knowing was expanding I now know that the idea of spiritual energy protecting itself from another spiritual being is impossible and nurturing this idea only serves to limit any spiritual connection in whoever is entertaining the notion, this also applies to opening and closing your aura or energy field which is impossible because it is connected to infinite life, again this merely turns whoever is doing this (spiritually) on and off and has no ‘protective’ value.

Spirit is light and light shines on all equally without restriction or judgment or limit, spirit grows or receives it power or nourishment by giving itself away(sharing) and so it has more to give, The idea of protection from a spiritual point is to impose human values onto spirit and human values are limited restricted and judgemental.

Just as love and peace are two aspects within the same energy so too are protection and separation aspects of the same energy, born at the same time, protection is a membrane or casing encapsulating the thought of separation, creating form where their was no form, like a bubble of air within a liquid the membrane protects what is inside from what is outside.

As humans we see ourselves as separate and indeed we are separate beings, I am here and you are there and no matter how close we get to each other we remain separate entities, and so everything else that we see, we see as separate life forms because we are looking at life through this protective membrane of separation. Because being human entails being separate, life is seen and experienced as a collection of separate bits and pieces with space in-between. We gather some of these separate bits and pieces of life, be they people places or things, we apply various degrees of value to these and keep them near to ourselves either physically mentally or emotionally and call or label them mine and then we seek to protect what is mine by whatever means available on a personal level, and on a larger collective scale to the point of killing each other or having others killed in our name. This is the way of this world of separation, the way it is meant to be.

There is another aspect of that same energy that was born with separation and protection and that is fear, and fear created thoughts within its protective bubble of separation, fear of loneliness, fear of abandonment, and fear of retribution fear of loss. This is what is born into this human world of separation in the form of separate human beings. We are all born with the fearful thought of separation encapsulated within our bodies.

Because the thought of separation is only a thought and in reality (reality being that we are spiritual beings not human beings) cannot be, this then can only mean one thing, that separation has not actually occurred !, so why then are we experiencing it as a reality ? Because by choosing to entertain the thought of protection we automatically choose fear and separation because they are of the same energy and so inseparable and so we perpetuate lifetime after lifetime until we choose to learn and grow beyond our human form and experience.

If separation is perceived to be contained within individual life forms, then what it is separate from is outside of these life forms and that is non-separation or oneness, which is spirit or life without form, and life being what it is, it is the same life energy within and surrounding all form of life despite any thought of separation or idea of protection surrounding it.

When we as humans seek protection from spirit, no matter for who what or why we seek it, what we are doing is reinforcing the thought of separate beings, and then to treat that separate part or entity as ‘special’ is to hold the belief that you are more important and somehow different from the rest of life, special-ness demands, and believes it is more deserving of protection and attention from spirit, and strong beliefs create a strong barrier encasing the fear based thought of separation and protecting fear itself and so making it stronger or more real then it actually is.

Examples of this are as follows;

Marie is fearful of intruders breaking into her home at night and as a result she locks herself into her bedroom every night (knowing that this is not a safe practice in the event of fire or other emergency) and prays to and asks Archangel Michael to protect her and her house. On hearing this I pointed out to Marie how the fear is present and repeating itself every night BECAUSE THE FEAR IS WITHIN HER and this is what she asks to be protected every night insuring its survival into the future, I suggested that instead of seeking protection she should recognise and own the fear and despite its presence shine light unconditionally from her heart filling herself her room and her house with light knowing that she is joining in with the spirit of oneness shining light.
    I later received a message to say she now sleeps soundly and peacefully in her unlocked bedroom for the first time in years.

Sally is a young mother who worries constantly about her child, imagining all sorts of illness and accidents befalling her little girl and every day she calls on Archangel Michael to protect her as she goes off to school or out to play with her friends, and then Sally spends her time anxiously waiting her safe return.
    I pointed out to her how her daughter has her own guides and angels who know what her life journey entails and that her thoughts of protection do not leave her and so she herself gets the protection she seeks, and that SHE is still full of fear and what ever may happen to her child is outside of her control, although she did not want to hear or like hearing this, logically she knew it was true, I also talked about excepting the reality of this world as it is or will be whether we like it or not and that she can only control and change herself. After doing some shining light and self love exercises Sally realised how she was protecting her own fear by her dally requests for her daughter’s protection and she chose to shine light rather then worrying and imagining the worst when she and her daughter were apart. Because worrying was a part of Sally’s make up, not only was it her instinct to revert to it but it was also effortless, so it was a bit of a struggle at first for her to change her behaviour but with the determination and the willingness to change she started spending more and more of her time on her spiritual practice connecting to her spirit self.
    Sally tells me she can see how this is having a positive effect on her daughter who used to show outward signs of becoming a worrier but is now a confident outgoing little girl.

Spiritual Vs human

Being spiritual (not religious) involves recognising habitual voluntary human instincts and behaviour patterns, (involuntary instincts are needed as basic survival tools for the body) and over time choosing to stop and change and replace these, however in order to do this we must first know of another option (a spiritual one) in order to be able to choose to change and replace these natural human instincts, changing one behaviour pattern for another without any spiritual involvement is control and more of the same and so no change at all.

Being spiritual involves only one choice and once made there is noting else to do except to get to know this BEING. In the transition from being human to being spiritual this one choice will be made over and over again and again and every time it is made a lesson is learned (which may be remembered or forgotten quite quickly only to be learned again) and a deeper understanding of the self is revealed as you grow towards knowing oneself which is spirit.
    Being spiritual is a feeling and so has no form no shape no colour no smell no sound no mass or texture, no face no brain no memory no story no history none of the human senses and nonsense are required in fact they all have to be relinquished as one state of being is chosen over the other . This also means that spirit has nothing to protect and so the concept of protection simply does not, never has and never will arise. This is in stark contradiction to being human which is all about form shape colour smell sound and touch all protected within the containing shell of a body and that protection is projected outwards onto the bits and pieces of the world it is surrounded by.
    What I am saying here is that the idea or concept of protection is part of being human and has noting to do with being spiritual.

I know and have met many people over the years who would class themselves as being spiritual that would regularly say “I have to protect myself” from lower vibration energy people or beings (which I used to do and say myself until I knew different) and what I have said to some of these who were open to listening is that the word spirit means all (not just dead people) and so you or we are part of all and spirit shares itself or shines equally on all through us all as ‘I am shining’, and as light cannot choose who what or where it does and doesn’t shine on neither can or does spirit, and if you make the choice who or where or when the light shines from you, you are making that decision purely from your human or ego self. Again this is the way of this world of separation, the way it is meant to be so that we can see and feel what we are, be that judgemental fearful angry vengeful hateful and so on and on.

The way of this world applies equally to all that have chosen to be born into it, race class colour gender religion and nationality all play a part in the way of this world, these are all labels for the different groupings that are applied to us all and that we then apply to ourselves, some can spend a lifetime trying to achieve, keep or change one or more of these labels. These labels and grouping form the make up of our physical surroundings and circumstances and these also form the basis of protectionist thinking, these are the very core elements of separation and from a spiritual point of view they are the tools we need, in order to see what we have become or more importantly what ‘I have become’, as only I can change and we can only change one at a time.

In this world our circumstances and surroundings vastly differ from place to place and grouping to grouping, yet on an individual level we have one thing in common that transcends any and all of these differences and that is FEELINGS, behind the image of our human self lies our own truth and no amount of protection from any angel, being or god can shield us form it, take it away or change it. The way of this world is every way and any way that shows us and more to the point shows you or ‘I’ how we are feeling.

Feelings do not form part of these labels and groupings, Love and peace, fear or anger are neither male or female, black white yellow brown or red, rich or poor, Islamic Christian Hindu or Jewish. Feelings are so much of an intrinsic part of the self, like a heartbeat or a breath they cannot be shared only experienced on a personal human level or on a spiritual level, because feelings are the tool that either breaks down or reinforces the barrier of separation,

The feeling of Love is a spiritual quality or creation and extends itself unconditionally without restriction it never leaves its creator and so needs no protection or help
    The feeling of Peace is a spiritual quality or creation and extends itself unconditionally without restriction it never leaves its creator and so needs no protection or help
    The feeling of Fear is a human quality or creation and does not extend itself it never leaves its creator and stays protected within the mind and body of the fearful
    The feeling of Anger is a human quality or creation and does not extend itself it never leaves its creator and stays protected within the mind and body of the angry. You can hit out in anger or throw a stone in anger but when you’ve finished hitting out and your stones are gone you still have your anger to do it all again and again and again.

Feelings are crystal clear in showing, ‘what’ they need to show which is, ‘themselves’, and who they need to show themselves to, ‘yourself’, and then you are left with that wonderful power ‘the power of choice’ and here is where you can feel and ‘know’ your truth, your state of being, are you being ‘human’ or ‘spiritual’ .The way of this world is to offer you the power of choice over and over again and again and what you are choosing over and over is whether you want to keep and increase or grow your feelings or do you want to change them because every time a feeling is experienced it increases itself i.e. anger gets angrier hate gets more hateful fear gets more fearful and so on, just as love gets lovelier and peace becomes more peaceful. All feelings are created by whoever is feeling them, we tend to lose sight of this as we search for the reason, or someone or something to blame, why we feel this way so we can justify it, ownership is often the last thing we would consider when it comes to sadness or anger yet no matter how our anger and sadness are expressed outwardly no one outside of ourselves can actually feel them with us, a group may be sad and morn together but we still only feel individually within the group.

Love peace joy and gratitude are already created by spirit and we only have to be spiritual to join with this creation, and this is what we feel.
    Every other feeling is created by the thought of separation in the form of humans, we only have to defend justify and protect any of these other feelings to join with this creation and what you will feel is the absence of love peace joy and gratitude in the form of fear in one or more of all its many many guises.

Spiritual Vs Religion

Being spiritual and thinking you are spiritual or acting out what you think is spiritual, are different things. Spirit is love and Love needs no reason, ritual, icon, special time or place, direction faced, building, or book in order to be and share itself as it was doing this before any and all of the above list were thought of or invented, it is only when the notion of separation is entertained does spirit become “spirits” (seemingly) and once the notion is discarded “spirits” revert to being spirit, however, the notion of separation is so deeply ingrained in the collective conscience of humanity that it takes ‘great strength of spirit’ and willpower to break down this notion and discard it.

All religions that ever where and today’s, have certain things in common, god or gods and goddesses to be worshiped, leaders (sometimes these are worshiped also), a hierarchy, rules and regulations (some of which are enshrined as laws) to say how where when and by who the worshiping must be done, followers, worshipers and devotees, penalties and punishments, they all involve an outside power, to get near to, give thanks to, plead and pray to for favour, mercy, or special attention over others in one form or another. Most were born from or defended in bloody battle, all claim their god to be on their side protecting them and smiting the enemy (all today’s armies have priest’s, minister’s, mullah’s, rabbis, and ‘holy’ men and woman of all religions blessing the weapons and the fighters holding and firing them. This is the way of this world, its how we learn and grow.

What I’m pointing out here is that religions are the epitome of separation, members and non members, insiders and outsiders, us and them, and yet they all make the ultimate claim of being spiritual and all will fall and fade with time as did the ancient Greek gods and goddesses, the Aztec sun god, the many Norse Viking and pagan gods, the pharaoh gods etc all of which commanded entire populations to follow worship sacrifice adore and venerate them, breaking through the boundaries and restraints of any and all religions is the way of this world on an individual and on a collective level.

To hold the belief that the source of all life and love (this is called god) would or could recognise a certain part of life (itself) as more deserving then the rest of or other parts of life itself and this is the belief that all religions are based on, even if the god is ‘the universal energy’ or has no name, once begging, pleading, praying, talking or singing is involved it automatically introduces duality (the talker and the listener) and so separates you from, it, him or her.

The majority of today’s religions are ‘faith’ based, centred around or within the writing or teachings of one holy book(s) or another, all offer a reward to be attained or obtained for the obedient and the penitent who adhere to the contents of these holy books, and separation shows itself here also as the followers of ALL the different books are subdivided into a multitude of splinter groups as the scriptures are claimed and counter claimed, interpreted and reinterpreted by a hierarchy of righteous, pious, supremacy and ascendancy minded groups which ironically make their claim on their own particular or peculiar interpretation which inevitably leads to the (pride based) conviction of’ I am’ or ‘we are’ right.
    Because the vast majority of followers or members of religious organisations are born into them (even thought we are all born equally as just human babies) they grow up, into and defend and protect their separateness by way of loyalty to tradition, again this is the way of this world and only the courage’s ones who can (in their mind) step beyond the protective boundaries of tradition and loyalties associated with ‘their religion’ will free themselves to be a spiritual being.

Protection as a tool

On the journey back to spirit everything in this world can be used as a tool. that is because this world is itself a tool, and as with all tools one learns how to use them first through practice and then continues to use them skilfully. How to use the thoughts of fear, protection and separation as tool’s is quite simply a matter of first learning that you have these thoughts, then taking ownership of them, recognising where when and who brings them UP in you (for you to see and heal), and preparing yourself in advance by learning how to shine light and feel it shining and then instead of entertaining fearful thoughts of separation and protection you can change your mind and choose to shine light and as the light needs no protection it cancels out the thought of it as it shines This is not the same type of protection that is sought by your human self and has nothing to do keeping yourself, family or your belongings safe, it is exclusive to your inner feelings or self.

In the presence of darkness I shine love and light.
    In the presence of sadness I shine love and light.
    In the presence of anger I shine love and light.
    In the presence of hate I shine love and light.
    In the presence of fear I shine love and light.
    In the presence of the unknown I know I shine love and light.
    In the presence of conflict I remain peaceful and I shine love and light.

The presence is an inner presence not a perceived outer feeling
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Protection as a Spiritual Practice Empty Re: Protection as a Spiritual Practice

Post  ameliorate Wed May 15, 2013 3:39 pm

If I may just address part of the post that most interested me. The 2 examples you give of people asking for protection is for their psychological frame of mind. Have you deliberately chosen such subjective examples, i.e. whereby the need is not borne out in reality? Do you not think that asking for protection has a place when this is not the case, e.g. I am being constantly harassed by a disturbed neighbour (totally unprovoked, unless you count reporting her - which inflammes her) for 8 years now! Her anti-social acts include trespassing my back garden (before I got an expensive, higher new fence), vandalism and trashing (now to my front garden). Hence this is a real situation - not one in my head.

I have a protective visualisation (e.g. surrounding yourself in white light) but that doesn't seem to work/apply to my situation.
    I am a strong person and don't have a victim's mentality. She is unapproachable (gets hysterical/rants) and has many enemies so I am probably being punished for something they do, i.e. misplaced retaliation.

Do you have a protective exercise/prayer that would work with property? (I am a bit sceptical about calling on the angels).
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Wed May 15, 2013 4:13 pm

Can you compare your example of danger (from the old lady next door) to an evil spirit from the spirit world though,Amy? Your danger from her can be seen and dealt with publicly.
    i'e' reporting her to the police.

A evil spirit from lower depths of the spirit world cannot be seen and has to be dealt with in different ways.

I would rather deal with an old lady who I can see than fight the evil forces that could be around us night or day. They have different methods,evil ways of tormenting us.

Just an idea.

Joanie x
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Wed May 15, 2013 5:04 pm

Joanie wrote:Can you compare your example of danger (from the old lady next door) to an evil spirit from the spirit world though,Amy? Your danger from her can be seen and dealt with publicly.
    i'e' reporting her to the police.

A evil spirit from lower depths of the spirit world cannot be seen and has to be dealt with in different ways.

I would rather deal with an old lady who I can see than fight the evil forces that could be around us night or day. They have different methods,evil ways of tormenting us.

Just an idea.

Joanie x
    I wasn't trying to undermine the experience of the evil spirit but it reads (from the above interpretation) like it is the woman's fears.

Oh that my situation could be solved by just a police visit! They have been many times now - it's just not that simple. She is warned, scolded and lies low for a while only to start up again. The bottom line is I can't take her to court because her mother has given me a death threat, i.e. much as I find it an intolerable situation, I would rather put up with the constant trashing and vandalising of my plants/roses than lose my life over this woman! (The mother is a rough type and looks like she has "contacts"). My sin is sticking up for myself (other neighbours just suffer in silence).
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Wed May 15, 2013 5:05 pm

Oops - sorry, somehow the post got duplicated! Protection as a Spiritual Practice 160943

Last edited by ameliorate on Wed May 15, 2013 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed May 15, 2013 5:41 pm

I do feel for you,Amy. It is called victimisation.
    We are off topic here so how about I start a new topic?

It interests me what you are going through.
    Joanie x
    angelman
    angelman

Male

Post  angelman Wed May 15, 2013 5:51 pm

ameliorate wrote:If I may just address part of the post that most interested me. The 2 examples you give of people asking for protection is for their psychological frame of mind. Have you deliberately chosen such subjective examples, i.e. whereby the need is not borne out in reality? Do you not think that asking for protection has a place when this is not the case, e.g. I am being constantly harassed by a disturbed neighbour (totally unprovoked, unless you count reporting her - which inflammes her) for 8 years now! Her anti-social acts include trespassing my back garden (before I got an expensive, higher new fence), vandalism and trashing (now to my front garden). Hence this is a real situation - not one in my head.

I have a protective visualisation (e.g. surrounding yourself in white light) but that doesn't seem to work/apply to my situation.
    I am a strong person and don't have a victim's mentality. She is unapproachable (gets hysterical/rants) and has many enemies so I am probably being punished for something they do, i.e. misplaced retaliation.

Do you have a protective exercise/prayer that would work with property? (I am a bit sceptical about calling on the angels).

Hi Ameliorate
    Your protective visualisation is working, that's the point of my examples, "I am being constantly harassed" is what you are protecting,and so you have the same stuff happening day after day and year after year, and also this is what you are drawing to you or creating.
    Stuff like this happens to show us things about ourselves, how is all this stuff that's been going on "making you feel" ? what is it bringing up or out in you ? because whatever those feelings are,ARE also being protected because they are your feelings and are within you, and within (inside) the bubble of white light you protect yourself within.

Let's say for instance that this neighbor is showing you your anger, well within the bigger picture she is serving you, if you then worked on your anger and learned to change that feeling to being Peaceful, then you could use the white light visualisation to thank her for showing you what you needed to heal and in the visualisation show her how to change anger into Peace, But you cannot do this just to change HER, because this only works with Truth, your either peaceful or your not, in this you cannot fool Spirit.
    I really don't think Spirit will protect property after all it's meaningless to Spirit, it's humans that put value and meaning onto materiel things.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Wed May 15, 2013 7:50 pm

angelman wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:If I may just address part of the post that most interested me. The 2 examples you give of people asking for protection is for their psychological frame of mind. Have you deliberately chosen such subjective examples, i.e. whereby the need is not borne out in reality? Do you not think that asking for protection has a place when this is not the case, e.g. I am being constantly harassed by a disturbed neighbour (totally unprovoked, unless you count reporting her - which inflammes her) for 8 years now! Her anti-social acts include trespassing my back garden (before I got an expensive, higher new fence), vandalism and trashing (now to my front garden). Hence this is a real situation - not one in my head.

Hi Ameliorate
    Your protective visualisation is working, that's the point of my examples, "I am being constantly harassed" is what you are protecting,and so you have the same stuff happening day after day and year after year, and also this is what you are drawing to you or creating.
    Stuff like this happens to show us things about ourselves, how is all this stuff that's been going on "making you feel" ? what is it bringing up or out in you ? because whatever those feelings are,ARE also being protected because they are your feelings and are within you, and within (inside) the bubble of white light you protect yourself within.

Let's say for instance that this neighbor is showing you your anger, well within the bigger picture she is serving you, if you then worked on your anger and learned to change that feeling to being Peaceful, then you could use the white light visualisation to thank her for showing you what you needed to heal and in the visualisation show her how to change anger into Peace, But you cannot do this just to change HER, because this only works with Truth, your either peaceful or your not, in this you cannot fool Spirit.
    I really don't think Spirit will protect property after all it's meaningless to Spirit, it's humans that put value and meaning onto materiel things.
    Thanks for your well meaning post but I'm afraid it's not the usual situation and what would normally apply just doesn't.

Firstly let me say that I am very insightful and have undergone this harassment for 8 years, as mentioned, largely unprovoked (unless you count reporting her which drives her more crazy in retaliation). I have only used the protective bubble a couple of times since it didn't feel like it worked.

In the first few years yes, I was angry but really this is now 8 years on... I have moved from anger to then being depressed to finally (mostly) desensitising myself. If she were not disturbed, then there'd be some hope that this might stop. As it is I think what occurs is more about her than about myself for most of the time I am not interacting with her at all. I don't even live at my flat (where the front garden vandalism occurs), since I have moved in as a full time carer for my mother nearby. Nevertheless I visit the flat 3 times a week and psyche myself up for the inevitable debris and mutilated rose branches that I constantly find there.

An example of how the usual spiritual understanding does not apply with her is when I gave her a card that said "those that are the hardest to love need it the most". What was her reaction? She laughed in my face and saw me as a doormat. The woman is twisted. She won't tell me why she does it but she is bitter about her lot in life, being single with 5 kids. My guess is that this is how she gets her low kicks; drugs and alcohol are involved too.

I appreciate what you say about spirit having no protection for our materialism. I am not materialistic but it still manages to depress me to see roses bashed and plants trod on. I see problems as lessons and have a positive mindset without which I would have gone under a long time ago.
    angelman
    angelman

Male

Post  angelman Wed May 15, 2013 9:26 pm

Im of the mindset, that everything that happens to everyone is for a spiritual purpose, and it's never about "THEM", it's always about "YOU", whether it takes 8 years or 8 lifetimes, and nobody is exempt, everybody has dramas in their life from annoying to horrific and they all serve the same purpose, to help us learn about ourselves and change or not.
    Changing the outside stuff or fixing someone else is not changing you and only puts whatever crap we're going through off, it will come back in another form or through another person, we cannot go home (to peace as a state of being) until we are at peace within "ourselves' not just content or comfortable within our circumstances. We cant escape our destiny and it is our destiny to return to peace.
    That's just my mindset
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Wed May 15, 2013 11:09 pm

angelman wrote:Im of the mindset, that everything that happens to everyone is for a spiritual purpose, and it's never about "THEM", it's always about "YOU", whether it takes 8 years or 8 lifetimes, and nobody is exempt, everybody has dramas in their life from annoying to horrific and they all serve the same purpose, to help us learn about ourselves and change or not.
    Changing the outside stuff or fixing someone else is not changing you and only puts whatever crap we're going through off, it will come back in another form or through another person, we cannot go home (to peace as a state of being) until we are at peace within "ourselves' not just content or comfortable within our circumstances. We cant escape our destiny and it is our destiny to return to peace.
    That's just my mindset
    In theory I would agree with you and I know this is the standard spiritual reply (i.e. the one you give). Somehow it doesn't ring true though because I AM at peace within myself and have been for decades; I have been on the spiritual path most of my adult life. I have now got to the desensitising stage with the situation - that's just about as neutral as is possible. So why does it keep happening? Should I learn not to report her then (since this aggravates her further). To not do this would make me feel more like a passive punchbag and she will quickly seize the situation and step up her game, i.e. take advantage.

So it has nothing to do with her i.e. her bitterness with her life, the drugs and alcohol? That doesn't ring true. I realise that by standing up to her she focuses on me but there have been many months when I did nothing about her actions....guess what? Yep, she still carried on. Nothing works with her. Sorry, I know you can't help any further. Just explaining that I can't see a solution to this mad scenario.

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Thu May 16, 2013 1:27 am

"I am being constantly harassed" is what you are protecting,and so you have the same stuff happening day after day and year after year, and also this is what you are drawing to you or creating.

Am I reading this properly? Ameliorate is causing this by asking protection for it :huh: that doesn't sit right
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Thu May 16, 2013 10:55 am

Violet wrote:
    "I am being constantly harassed" is what you are protecting,and so you have the same stuff happening day after day and year after year, and also this is what you are drawing to you or creating.

Am I reading this properly? Ameliorate is causing this by asking protection for it Protection as a Spiritual Practice 229495 that doesn't sit right
    Yes I wondered about that too. Think he was saying that I was protecting myself from directly being allowed to experience the anger. I have so gone beyond the anger now, i.e. depression followed and now, currently, desensitisation which is just about as neutral as you can get over this extremely disruptive, on going experience.

Also, as mentioned, I only tried visualising protection a couple of times so his theory doesn't apply anyway.
    angelman
    angelman

Male

Post  angelman Thu May 16, 2013 11:25 pm

Violet wrote:

Am I reading this properly? Ameliorate is causing this by asking protection for it :huh: that doesn't sit right

Hi Violet
    First thing I would point out is that I'm addressing this subject from a Spiritual point of view, and I am focusing on feelings here that may need to be healed, not fixing any given situation or drama as I call them

We all create our own reality. We are all co-creators
    our reality is how we FEEL within, everything else is outside and apart from us.
    We can be attached or detached from our surroundings and happenings but we cannot detach from our own reality of how we feel, we can ignore, bury or pretend but that doesn't make them (feelings) go away or disappear.

What we create our reality with, is our I AM presence or I AM power, and our deeply held belief systems, these can and usually do differ from what we think.
    Whatever we put after "I AM" is what the universe/creative energy/god/whatever responds to.

The only true (real) thing we can create are feelings because that's how we experience anything or everything, we feel it,first we see, hear, smell, touch, or taste the outside world, and we decide good or bad,like or not like and form a belief system and assign a feeling of some sort to the things we deem important enough, the rest of the world doesn't mater to much as its not that important to us.
    So we carry on with our own important stuff and the respective feelings attached.And the creative energy within us and outside of us (universe) make more of the same energy or feeling (like to like) (law of attraction)

So "I am being constantly harassed" is the belief system that the Creative energy is responding to, I don't know what the feelings involved are, that's why I asked ameliorate to look "within" but I do know that "desensitisation" is not a feeling but an avoidance of feeling.

The universe or creative energy is benign, it will provide without question or warning, and it is providing (manifesting or materializing) to ameliorate her belief system for the past 8 years and will continue to do so until that changes.
    On a personal note I would add that "desensitisation" is not helping, as this just means 'I'm not involved with this' neither does "I can't see a solution to this mad scenario". strong belief systems create strong Scenarios. What we protect are our belief systems and when we seek protection from spirit we get protected WARTS N ALL

This is not personal to ameliorate it's the way of this world for us all.

I have written more about this in a free e book
    "The Art of Inner Peace" can download here www.paulwilliams.ie
    angelman
    angelman

Male

Post  angelman Thu May 16, 2013 11:50 pm

ameliorate wrote:
    Violet wrote:

Am I reading this properly? Ameliorate is causing this by asking protection for it Protection as a Spiritual Practice 229495 that doesn't sit right
    Yes I wondered about that too. Think he was saying that I was protecting myself from directly being allowed to experience the anger. I have so gone beyond the anger now, i.e. depression followed and now, currently, desensitisation which is just about as neutral as you can get over this extremely disruptive, on going experience.

Also, as mentioned, I only tried visualising protection a couple of times so his theory doesn't apply anyway.

How many umbrella's do you need to keep yourself dry = 1

How many times do you need to ask Spirit for protection to be protected = 1

Maybe the theory does apply after all.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Fri May 17, 2013 1:04 am

angelman wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:
    Violet wrote:

How many umbrella's do you need to keep yourself dry = 1

How many times do you need to ask Spirit for protection to be protected = 1

Maybe the theory does apply after all.
    I tried visualising protection twice for the situation mentioned here...it didn't work, i.e. I wasn't protected. I was in touch with my anger before I tried this anyway (and after it too).
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Fri May 17, 2013 11:32 am

angelman wrote:
    So "I am being constantly harassed" is the belief system that the Creative energy is responding to, I don't know what the feelings involved are, that's why I asked ameliorate to look "within" but I do know that "desensitisation" is not a feeling but an avoidance of feeling.

The universe or creative energy is benign, it will provide without question or warning, and it is providing (manifesting or materializing) to ameliorate her belief system for the past 8 years and will continue to do so until that changes.
    On a personal note I would add that "desensitisation" is not helping, as this just means 'I'm not involved with this' neither does "I can't see a solution to this mad scenario". strong belief systems create strong Scenarios. What we protect are our belief systems and when we seek protection from spirit we get protected WARTS N ALL
    I also believe we are co-creators and I am a truth seeker. I thought I was calling the situation how it was by saying I am constantly being harassed but I see how that looks. However I word it, e.g. it feels like I am being constantly harassed does not change the reality of what is occurring does it? It is not my belief system...this is really happening. I only formulated the realisation of it constantly occurring after this was the case, i.e. this thought did not preempt the activities and make it the case beforehand.

What sort of mindset am I supposed to have in order for this not to occur? "Oh I see my front garden looks like it has been trashed. No matter. I won't pay it any mind" I don't live at my flat now (where these acts are being perpetrated) and so she is not on my mind like she used to be - doesn't change the constant trashing though. Also she came to where I live with my mum and did the same....she was far from my thoughts. So how am I still manifesting this when I thought she had stopped? Whilst I can see that what we co-create and manifest our reality I would not agree that this encompasses the whole of our reality, i.e. I believe that there are other factors at play that impinge on our reality too. For instance, a good/spiritualised person may happen to be in an area where a disturbance occurs that threatens their life - manifestation or the impact of a circumstantial event?

You have not acknowledged that I have worked through the initial anger i.e. I feel no anger towards her now, leading to depression later. So desensitisation is avoidance? I see it as neutral, i.e. not being contaminated/reactive. I have BEEN THROUGH the emotions - what's left? If I am to own my current emotional state on the matter it is one of depression. This has nothing to teach me/I have nothing to learn from this. I have, in the past, been clinically depressed (long before I moved to where I now am) so cannot afford to dwell on this state too long...it has nothing to teach me. I favour a positive mindset now.

I see that there may be something I am not getting but, with this, I need help - it baffles me now.
    angelman
    angelman

Male

Post  angelman Fri May 17, 2013 12:27 pm

ameliorate wrote:
    angelman wrote:

I also believe we are co-creators and I am a truth seeker. I thought I was calling the situation how it was by saying I am constantly being harassed but I see how that looks. However I word it, e.g. it feels like I am being constantly harassed does not change the reality of what is occurring does it? I don't live at my flat now (where these acts are being perpetrated) and so she is not on my mind like she used to be - doesn't change the constant trashing though. So how am I still manifesting this? You have not acknowledged that I have worked through the initial anger, leading to depression later. So desensitisation is avoidance? I see it as neutral, i.e. not being contaminated/reactive. I have BEEN THROUGH the emotions - what's left? I see that there may be something I am not getting but, with this, I need help - it baffles me now.

What I am pointing out is your feelings (within) are your true REALITY, whereas you are seeing the situation (outside)as true reality, we really don't have control over the outside stuff (even with the law on our side as you've found out). I would suggest you move your feelings around this issue from "neutral" and work on changing them.
    Without getting to personal on this public forum I feel there are deeper unresolved issues involved here that go back before you ever laid eyes on your neighbor, that will still be with you if and when you move on if left unresolved. and the outside reality will again arrange itself to show you your inner reality. you need to draw a line and let the last eight years go, whatever happened cannot be changed or undone, however you can change how you react whenever you think about or see your neighbor,(I had to do this with a man that sexually abused me as a child)and use these times as opportunity's to shine light.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri May 17, 2013 12:33 pm

After reading your post I can understand what you mean,Angelman.

Our thoughts and feelings inside are different to what we sometimes show to the world.
    Unknowing to us we have feelings and thoughts from the past which we bury sometimes.
    Not aware how those memories affect our daily lives. We are constantly on the alert with anyone who may hurt us which can bring those buried feelings to the surface.

Am I correct?

Joanie
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Fri May 17, 2013 12:57 pm

angelman wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:
    angelman wrote:

I also believe we are co-creators and I am a truth seeker. I thought I was calling the situation how it was by saying I am constantly being harassed but I see how that looks. However I word it, e.g. it feels like I am being constantly harassed does not change the reality of what is occurring does it? I don't live at my flat now (where these acts are being perpetrated) and so she is not on my mind like she used to be - doesn't change the constant trashing though. So how am I still manifesting this? You have not acknowledged that I have worked through the initial anger, leading to depression later. So desensitisation is avoidance? I see it as neutral, i.e. not being contaminated/reactive. I have BEEN THROUGH the emotions - what's left? I see that there may be something I am not getting but, with this, I need help - it baffles me now.

What I am pointing out is your feelings (within) are your true REALITY, whereas you are seeing the situation (outside)as true reality, we really don't have control over the outside stuff (even with the law on our side as you've found out). I would suggest you move your feelings around this issue from "neutral" and work on changing them.
    Without getting to personal on this public forum I feel there are deeper unresolved issues involved here that go back before you ever laid eyes on your neighbor, that will still be with you if and when you move on if left unresolved. and the outside reality will again arrange itself to show you your inner reality. you need to draw a line and let the last eight years go, whatever happened cannot be changed or undone, however you can change how you react whenever you think about or see your neighbor,(I had to do this with a man that sexually abused me as a child)and use these times as opportunity's to shine light.
    I understand what you are saying and perhaps I haven't explained myself very well. The desensitisation involves seeing the trash in its place, i.e. happening in my garden not to me!! I disassociate the act from where I am in my world. If you only knew me. I am in such a good space - believe it or not I am in harmony with myself.

The only level I understand this is in a thought I had before it all occurred. I recall thinking how I was strong enough to endure the hardships that victims felt, i.e. wished I could have their pain rather than that they had to suffer...hence I think I may have induced/invited this event from manifesting. A case of be careful what you wish for! "I can't see a solution to this mad scenario" was just a thought not a strong belief system...as you will now read.....

Angelman - actually have just had an insightful direction on this and would welcome your comments as to whether it would be an appropriate, effective way forward. Given what I have recently realised above, i.e. how I brought this situation on myself by wishing to bear the sufferings of others, I think I now know how to end this. It feels like I have taken on the suffering of this neighbour, i.e. it must help ease her pain that she is finding this anti-social outlet. What do you think of me now wishing that I return her pain to her, i.e "I relinquish myself now from taking on your pain and now give you back your pain. I wish that you find a resolution/healing on this"? Or would a simple "I relinquish myself now from taking on your pain" suffice? Your feedback on this would be much appreciated.
    angelman
    angelman

Male

Post  angelman Fri May 17, 2013 6:47 pm

[quote="ameliorate"][quote="angelman"]
    ameliorate wrote:
    Angelman - actually have just had an insightful direction on this and would welcome your comments as to whether it would be an appropriate, effective way forward. Given what I have recently realised above, i.e. how I brought this situation on myself by wishing to bear the sufferings of others, I think I now know how to end this. It feels like I have taken on the suffering of this neighbour, i.e. it must help ease her pain that she is finding this anti-social outlet. What do you think of me now wishing that I return her pain to her, i.e "I relinquish myself now from taking on your pain and now give you back your pain. I wish that you find a resolution/healing on this"? Or would a simple "I relinquish myself now from taking on your pain" suffice? Your feedback on this would be much appreciated.

I Really like to keep things as simple and uncomplicated as possible, like I said in an earlier post, our belief system often differs from what and how we think,(this is an ego/spirit issue and a different post!)
    so I would say your belief system is "I AM Suffering" if you can OWN this NOW regardless of who or how or why, if you can let the reasons go, it simple leaves you and the suffering.
    I would advise not involve any one else,including your neighbor in the healing process, and focus on your own I AM presence, do a meditation and surround yourself in love and light and shine it from you, let the light shine where it will. then while in "THE LIGHT" remember the "I AM suffering" feelings(again without the who or how) and feel the pain, OWN this as YOUR pain (you are feeling it)NOW. Then make a conscious choice to change the pain to LOVE and LIGHT.
    As long as we have a valid reason to keep pain and suffering (even if it seems to be for the benefit of others) we will (our will power is our I AM power) keep it, because we do not let go of what we value, we actually give it more energy by making our values more important, then they deserve and they then come between you (ego)and your peace (spirit)

I know this may not be the feedback your looking for, as you have a lot of time and energy invested in "Taking on the suffering of others" and the story(s) involved and I'm suggesting to 'just let it ALL go' but I'v seen this working wonders and you can become the LIGHTWORKER you are without any suffering.

Last edited by angelman on Fri May 17, 2013 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Fri May 17, 2013 7:05 pm

Thank you Angelman - I will try this.
    angelman
    angelman

Male

Post  angelman Fri May 17, 2013 8:46 pm

ameliorate wrote:Thank you Angelman - I will try this.

Whoops I meant to say you have to keep on doing the "shining light" instead of feeling shite, as belief systems that we are holding for years or even lifetimes don't just go overnight, so keep shining.
    P
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Sat May 18, 2013 1:01 am

"shining light" instead of feeling shite,
    :giggles:

Now I do this myself, THIS makes sense

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:19 am